Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: [7/30] Juice=Juice 4th single : Black Butterfly / Kaze ni Fukarete

Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Slow/mid-tempo songs with a peculiar sound for the group as well as covers/remakes don't sell well unless it's a special single with lots of promotion, remember? Views are not proportionate to sales, but still.

°C-ute and J=J suffer from the same problem with their latest releases.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Motto Zutto wasn't promoted THAT much, and it sold amazingly. :P

Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:25 pm

^ Rock EROTIC. :notworthy:

All H!P singles sold better than the last one last year, though, how is that fair?

Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:38 pm

its boring thats why. this has been such a "safe" single.

plus they debuted the pvs like a few weeks beforehand then hello station then their youtube channel. youtube views system changed, harder to count views.
all that stuff.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Is it bad that I totally forgot about this release?

I really like both songs, but they're pretty meh. Not something I'd play repeatedly, nor something I would buy. I wanted to buy it, now I'm changing my mind.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:27 pm

I honestly don't like this single and it's a shame because as I said before Hadaka no Kiss was such a strong single and my favorite J=J song of all time. I think covers tend to do poorly, especially low tempo ones (I'm thinking Kono Machi) and Black Butterfly wasn't very strong to me either. I generally hate when songs repeat the title in the chorus in a way that sounds too obvious. Tsunku does this often, but mostly he does it in a way that doesn't bother me... But here it bothered me. I don't think the single is bad, just not very strong. The PVs were great, but the songs feel like two awesome B-Sides rather than A-Sides. Now I know that's just my opinion and I don't speak for everyone. However maybe other fans felt the same? Or maybe they don't. These two may just not be my preferred styles.

Also I hate the lack of promotion argument as well. I don't feel J=J got much less promotion than anyone else. They've just been doing really well and maybe will have a drop. Kono Machi was a snag, but it picked right up for Crazy Kanzen na Otona.

And well the song hasn't even been released so the worry may be premature. They may still sell pretty well. Could be how veiw counts are being totalled or the Hello Station effect and we may see pretty good sales. They've been pretty consistent so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:30 pm

C'mon guys, they'll be fine. Do we always have to go through this?

J=J are pretty popular at the moment. Their sales are good and steady. There's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:05 am

Y'all tripping while I've been watching both PV repeatedly on YouTube. Like these are my second and third favorite Ju=Ju songs :mikihead:

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:15 am

promotion

Kopinks!

Tokyo Kawaii no.1 radio show

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:30 am

Amped wrote:Juice=Juice is invited to perform at CBC radio's Summer Festival 2014 in Nagoya, 7/27
http://hicbc.com/radio/matsuri/

setlist
Kaze ni Fukarete (rehearsals)

1.Black Butterfly
2.Kaze ni Fukarete
MC
3.Watashi ga iu mae ni dakishimenakya ne
4.Ijiwaru shinaide dakishimete yo
5.Romance no Tochuu
- Nagaoka x Scramble radio show talk

Post a reply