Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film
Post a reply

Re: Last movie you watched

Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:58 am

erilaz wrote:Jeff has come to the realization that Tiffany won't leave her husband to marry him, so now he plans to marry Alyssa Milano instead. :lol:
Lucky Alyssa :fear:

Seeing
aiPod wrote:My contribution

reminds me I saw the Korean remake of The Good, The Bad, The Weird at the London Film Festival last week. Good lord it's loud and full of explosions and gunshots. The scene where the cannons start bombarding the desert is pretty awesome.
http://www.3nom.co.kr/

I just read today that the American release of A Fistful of Dollars was delayed for three years by a lawsuit claiming, quite reasonably, that it was a remake of Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo and they hadn't asked that directors permission.

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Also at DocFest:

The Linguists -- This documentary follows two American linguists as they travel to Arizona, Bolivia, India, and Siberia to document languages that are on the verge of extinction. Entertaining, informative, and important.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:30 pm

Tropic Thunder - pointless *½

Sat May 21, 2011 8:53 am

I did a Thor/Bridesmaids double feature last weekend. I'm awesome.

Sun May 22, 2011 3:47 pm

I last tried to watch How to Train Your Dragon, but the damned BR was scratched and skipped over a whole scene, so we turned it off. Damn you, Netflix!!!

Tue May 24, 2011 10:16 am

The new Pirates was pretty standard fare, so of course I had fun.

So pumped after that silly Muppets trailer! They so fooled me with it!

Wed May 25, 2011 1:30 pm

I honestly, honestly believe the last move I watched was Despicable Me Image

Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 am

I watched Goemon on streaming Netflix last weekend. Really stylized historical fiction about Ishikawa Goemon of Japanese folklore. I enjoyed it but the version available for streaming on Netflix is the English dub. I'm not as picky about dubs as some but I felt this one was pretty bad, especially for a recent dub (the film was originally released in 2009). And I do tend to prefer to watch live action films in their original language w/subs. It'd be nice if Netflix streaming would specify whether a foreign film is subbed or dubbed as there's no way of knowing until you start it up.

Chatin wrote:So pumped after that silly Muppets trailer! They so fooled me with it!
I love the Muppets! I watched the trailer online knowing it was a Muppet trailer and they still almost fooled me with it. :-P

Mon May 30, 2011 11:47 am

MMko wrote:
Chatin wrote:So pumped after that silly Muppets trailer! They so fooled me with it!
I love the Muppets! I watched the trailer online knowing it was a Muppet trailer and they still almost fooled me with it. :-P
Between that and Super 8, my year is made.

Watched The Hangover Part 2. So inappropriate. Way too much so. And there is so much more I had issue with.. but I won't bother going into it. A few funny bits, but definitely not the movie I was hoping to see.

X-Men is this friday!!

Tue May 31, 2011 7:59 pm

I am so mad I can't see X-men with my friend!! He is the only friend of mine that likes it! Most my friends roll their eyes when I start going OMFG X-men!!!!

Last movie I saw was Pirates! It was really good! Although there were not as many one liners as I would have liked! Nothing really good to quote out of the movie! Also Japanese need to laugh more! The scene with the cups had me laughing they all sat there :|
Post a reply