Postby Zunu » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm

Smurfs. :|
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby boinsie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:45 am

I want it to be good because of Neil Patrick Harris, but I just know that it'll be terrible. DX
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 am

No, it was very much a movie for young children, and as such it wasn't terrible, though it certainly was not at Pixar level. Due to the movie being COMPLETELY SOLD OUT (wtf), I wound up having to sit apart from my companions, and I was really tired, so I was expecting catch a few z's. But I stayed awake the entire time. And the audience actually clapped at the end (wtf) though imo it wasn't THAT good. The vocal performances were well done (I totally forgot Katy Perry was Smurfette - she did an excellent job!) and the visual effects were for the most part very convincing as well. Except occasionally when they got held by one of the humans, I had no problem accepting that the CG Smurfs were part of the real world. Azrael was just ew creepy tho. And Sofia Vergara ruined every scene she was in.

But NPH did not disappoint.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby erilaz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:18 pm

I just saw a very good sci-fi movie from 1980 called The Final Countdown. It had an intriguing premise: What if the U.S.S. Nimitz, a modern-day nuclear-powered aircraft carrier with all its jet fighter planes, were transported back in time to December 6, 1941?
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby marippeTakacrotchi » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 am

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. LOVED it. There are so many ways it could've gone terribly wrong but I really loved it. There was only one part that was a little over the top cheesy. Which is amazing for a movie starring CG apes.
marippeTakacrotchi
Senior Initiate

Postby Moh » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:37 pm

The Green Mile

1) This movie is going to have me thinking about a lot of things for a while.
2) I cried cried cried so much.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby erilaz » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:44 pm

Shaolin Grandma.

Pretty tedious. You know you're in trouble when the funniest scene is just Yasuda Dai-Circus doing their same old shtick....
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby erilaz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:34 pm

DOCUMENTARY of AKB48: to be continued -- A very interesting and entertaining documentary. It focused on maybe a dozen of the members (primarily media senbatsu, but also some others) and consisted largely of the girls talking about various things, as well as a lot of rehearsal and backstage footage. There were very few clips of actual performances, and I don't think there were any of complete songs.

http://www.newpeopleent.com/films/documentary-of-akb48/
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby erilaz » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Flying home from Japan on ANA:

Drucker in the Dugout (もし高校野球の女子マネージャーがドラッカーの『マネジメント』を読んだら) -- Minami (AKB48's Maeda Atsuko) is a high school girl who uses Peter Drucker's Management as a guide for leading her high school's baseball team to the national championship. A pretty fun movie.

Bunny Drop (うさぎドロップ) -- Kawachi Daikichi (Matsuyama Ken'ichi) is a 30-year-old bachelor who adopts his grandfather's 6-year-old love child after the grandfather dies. A sweet, heartwarming film.

Edward Scissorhands -- One of my all-time favorites. I watched it with German dubbing, because I could. XD
erilaz
Lazarus

Postby boinsie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Weird Al's 1989 classic spoof-comedy, UHF.
boinsie
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk