Recent purchases

Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film

Moderators: Sohee, Moh

Re: Recent purchases

Postby Denki » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:35 pm

http://m.petco.com/product/123197/Petco ... eater.aspx

She's gonna be fabulous at the Christmas (eve) party tomorrow. :)
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Moh » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:27 am

Picking this up tomorrow at ToysRUs. :lol: It was cheaper than buying the system and game seperately.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby boinsie » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:32 am

I'm not a particularly girly girl, but I wear a lot of fancy-ish clothes and stuff for work now. I kind-of hate clothes shopping, but I have some Amazon credit so I was browsing things on there... anyway, somehow or another I ended up at YesStyle having found myself in love with these tights. Though I've never bought anything from there before, they were having a new years clearance sale, so I decided to go for the gusto and ended up finding ~$100 worth of stuff to get the free expedited shipping. Sooo, sometime in the near future I'll come home to find a box filled with 13 items (tights, tops, dresses, and a purse).
If I like even 1/3 of it then it'l have been worth it. :music:

I also bought a fountain pen and a water filter replacement at Amazon. :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby esm » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:36 am

Darn, now I want to buy stuff at YesStyle too :fear:

I've been trying to budget better this year though, so I might wait until next month, since I have to buy textbooks this month. I have $30 + $10 rewards for Gap, but I can't decide what to get. I might get corduroy shorts.

Speaking of tights, I got some nice pair of warm tights from Uniqlo recently (the HeatTech stuff. I swear they are warmer than wearing pants, and when it's really cold outside it's possible to comfortably wear them under pants. So I've been looking for shorts and skirts to wear with the tights, since tunics and sweater dresses tend to run a little short on me. Looks like YesStyle can help me with that :fear:

edit: I found out I could combine my rewards, so I bought a pair of navy blue corduroy shorts and a running jacket (to be used as a rain jacket because I don't really run outside :hehe: ) for just $16, with my $40 discount and free shipping.

I don't usually buy things from Gap because they're expensive, but a lot of times they have good sales. A few weeks ago I got a sweater + scarf for just $29... with no sales tax in MN. :hehe: It would have been like $80 at the items' full price.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby esm » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:51 am

International shipping rates = :wacko:

But... I bought a DVD of Utvandrarna (The Emigrants) from a Swedish site for $27, including the shipping cost. Could have been more expensive because I've seen it for $90-250 on some other sites, like if you were to get it off ebay or Amazon.

It came here in 4 days. :heart: (When I got notified that I have a package waiting for me, I totally thought it's the order from CDJapan that was shipped since Jan 30th.)

I don't think a version with English subtitles exists, but good thing I've read the books and been studying Swedish for a few years <3
esm

Postby erilaz » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:18 pm

^ Some of the prices that people try to charge on eBay and Amazon are utterly absurd.

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. When I ordered Rokk í Reykjavík from Shopicelandic.com a few years ago, the DVD was €16,27 and the shipping was €7,91. I'm guessing that the proportion of item price to shipping cost on your order was probably similar.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby esm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 am

Yeah, it was around $17 and $10 shipping (maybe slightly less and there's tax, I don't know). There was another site where it would have been slightly cheaper ($18 + $8 in shipping, I think), but I can pay with PayPal on the first site and would have to use my debit/credit card for the other one, and I don't want my bank to freak out and put a hold on my account. It hasn't happened in years, so I think they're used to me being in a few different places and ordering things from a few different countries now. :lol:

edit: I found out a US version does exist, but they cut off 40 minutes from the original... so I'm glad I got the Swedish version.
esm

Postby Moh » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:28 pm

ImageImageImage

I miss not paying taxes when ordering from Amazon. :lol: I also have a ticket for Wild Cub for Sunday. Which my brother bought, but I gave him the 10 dollars for mine. :whistling:
Moh
Prophet

Postby esm » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:57 am

^ I need to listen to The Fray's new album!

I bought corduroy skirt, corduroy shorts, and two pairs of nice knee-high socks from GAP/Athleta. Everything was on sale and I had $50 in rewards, so I only paid $21. :fear:
esm

Postby Moh » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:16 pm

It's very different from their usual stuff. :lol: I like it, though. Give It Away is really good.
Moh
Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: General Talk