Produce 101 Thread

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Produce 101 Thread

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:58 pm

All of the episodes up to Episode 4 were prefilmed (Around December 27th) but once the elimination hits, we're back in the current timeline. So the girls have been waiting around for like a month to see if they would be popular or not. How stressful!

I'll get the rest of the performances in here in a few. I'm doing some research into who was in what group (so many girls man)
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:18 pm

ohhh I was wondering how that worked!
yeah I'm surprised we were getting so many performances!

its so weird though how there's supposed to be around 10 different songs for 2 groups. I cant wait until they upload the full performances on the Mnet website too watch the girls who get cut out from the TV version.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Performances from Episode 3 put up on Mnet (Plus notes)

Apink "I don't know" - Team One.
Apparently Pinky is a big deal but I've no clue who she is. She's in the top 11 though. The rest I don't know very well either but this group didn't really stand out to me, or anyone else as they lost to Mina's group. I think most of these girls are in the running for Elimination. Overall, it was kind of bland and not really the kind of performance you need to make people remember you... and that one girl who messed up :(.
Ranks from L to R: 6, 54, 64, 12, 44

Apink "I Don't Know) - Team Two.
Mina actually stood out to a lot of people in a bad way. She was getting the Aibon treatment that she was too chubby! HOWEVER, many people also said she's super cute and adorable so she's hard to ignore, even if her arms are a little big. I honestly don't think she's chubby, if you look at her legs they are super thin, she's just built oddly. Mina may not be the best singer, but she's a STRONG contender for being an idol, watch out for her - her super adorableness will get you. I have a feeling she's probably popular with the J-idol crowd, because she looks and acts so much like one. She's in the top 11, she ain't going anywhere. Shout out to Park Siyeon for hitting that note like a boss and extra shout out to Judge Kahi for being extra adorable (She was my favorite member of After School HANDS DOWN). I think only the Happyface girl is in trouble since they won, she's sitting at 94 and may not even make it out even with winning.
Rankings from L to R: 3, 94, 40, 47, 27

SISTAR "Push Push" - Team One
This team took the song in a more cute direction while the second team took it a little sexier, which is why I prefered Team 2, but overall I don't think they did bad. I'm not sure about the rapper girl yet, I'm so used to my rappers going hard but she's taking rapping in a really cute direction so it's odd to me. I think it's different, which makes her stand out though. It isn't just this performance either, it just seems to be her concept. I think she's making it work for her but I'm not sure if it works for me yet XD. Ahn Yesuel was super solid in this vocally, but I'm not sure she should be an idol. Overall this was a good performance, though. Again, even though this team won, Seola and Chaelin may be out - their ranks are just too low.
Rankings from L to R: 11, 24, 86, 30, 91

SISTAR "Push Push" - Team Two
Am I biased toward the team that has Chungha and Shin? YUP. BUt overall, I prefered the vocals and the look of this group. The vocals were lower toned and I generally prefer that. Chungha and Shin are solid as hell here and Chungha looks so freaking gorgeous it's unbelievable. I have a such a girl crush on her omg. Ahn Yumi should feel damn proud of herself after this performance, she's in F rank and did a really good job, but since they lost I don't think it will save her. It's a shame, the vocals of this group were so, so good.
Ranking from L to R: 23, 81, 62, 90, 19

2NE1 "Fire" - Team One
Ah, the "Fire" teams. There's a lot of debate over who people think really won. I prefer Team Two but overall this was a SUPER close match. If you want to vote for an actually talented Japanese lady - Niwa Shiori is your best best, she OWNS the dance without losing any breath on her words. Fabulous. I really like Heo Saem's look too, she's really pretty, and YeonKyung did a good job on Bom's part and the harmony's later on. I think this team is completely out though, they lost and none of their members are above 60. I may throw in some votes to try and save Shiori, she doesn't deserve to be that low.
Ranking from L to R: 77, 67, 71, 88, 69

2NE1 "Fire" - Team Two
This was my favorite performance of Episode 3 and I've watched it probably 80 times at this point XD From Minji's super awesome cool concept that fit with the song great to Gaeul rocking the dance, to Juna hitting the Bom section pretty much perfectly. Also her dancing! Amazing! Soyeon's English was a hot mess, but everything else was pretty great. Vote to save Gaeul! Her rank is so low she may not pass! And she deserves to pass God Damnit.
Rankings from L to R: 21, 38, 75, 20, 36

SNSD - Into the New World - Team One
This is the most talked about performance of the night and it's mostly because of Yu Yeunjung there in the middle. She hit the high note so well it caused echos everywhere and no one can shut up about it. Also, Haeyoung's dance breakdown is also getting talked about. Overall this was A LOT of people's favorite performance of the night and I fully expect all the girls to rise in rankings because of it. Unfortunately for them, they went against Chanmi and Somi and "insiders" are saying Team Two won ANYWAY despite Chanmi's crack. Guess those are the breaks when you have the audience vote.
Ranking from L to R: 15, 17, 55, 37, 79

Team Two wasn't put up because DRAMA.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:22 am

I couldnt wait so I cracked and watched raw ep3 and omg that into the new world performance by team one. Overall, the vocal quality of all the girls in the team are very good, and they seemed to dance well, but having Yeunjung just hit every note perfectly and that high note just aced the night. And it was just like one right after the other too with the "ooooohhhh" part, such an amazing voice.

I also loved Team One's opening rap in Fire, it was perfect. I had no idea what the other team's rapper was saying...
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:42 pm

Mnet uploaded ALL and FULL versions of the close-ups of each girls (all 99) from their performances
http://mnet.com/tv/vod/171913

IT IS SO FRIGGIN LIT RIGHT NOW

SOHYE IMPROVED SO MUCH. THAT IRONY PERFORMANCE! I Love Seejong!
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:35 am

They uploaded individual performances of girls from the as of yet unaired Episode 4 D=. SOHYE SLAY.

AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Awww Sohye! She's made so much progress, I am so proud of her lol. I think everybody loves a good underdog, as it's always so interesting to watch them grow and get better. It's why Berryz was my favorite H!P group lol.

I just watched the 3rd episode, and I loved the 5-nin performances, since it gave screen time to some girls who wouldn't have had it otherwise (though they did still focus on their main few lol.) And of course they saved the groups that I wanted to see the most for the next ep! Augh! I just wanna see my bbs Risa and Sohye lol. As far as some of the team changes, I think they were a bit harsh on some of them (Yu Sua going down to F!?!? Juna too??? Maybe D, but F? Damn lol). Also! Apparently, they'll be filming the elimination episode in the last week of February? That's according to the Produce 101 Fansub twitter anyway lol.

Regarding the group performances:

Spoiler: show
Girls Gen - Into the New World
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah blue team definitely took this one imo, though I already know that pink team is going to win the votes just because they have the more popular trainees in their lineup lol. Smart of Cathy to gather them all together like that! I feel for poor Chanmi though, her notes throughout were kind of rough, and this may hurt her chances of making top 11. I hope she didn't peak with her audition! Anyhow, it some performances it definitely sounds like they used some vocal correction, and even pre-recorded vocals in some cases, so why not have that option available here for Chanmi? lol.

2ne1 - Fire
Crown Girl took this one for me. Their intro, their choreo choices, and delivery on the rap verses went really well. Juna also sounds JUST like Bommie in that first verse, it's so uncanny. Her dancing has gotten so well too. 19 of 101 was good, but just didn't pop as much as Crown Girl to me.

Sistar - Push Push (or Fire 2.0)
I'm kind of devided on this one, because I love Classy's vocals in the first verse, but I also adore Rainbow's rapping and choreo choices better? I also really like Ng Sze Kai, and Jeon So Yeon (cube trainee, pigtails) equally. So Yeon just has so much fire, and charisma, and it really comes through in her performances. She knows her strengths and plays to them.

APink - Idk what this song is but I love it
Kang Mina is like an angel, she's so cute! It was a really good choice to put her center. I think both groups did well on this song, though Mina's group edges the other group out by juuuuuust a bit. The singers in Mina's group had clearer voices/notes imo.

Some of my favorite solo performances, and girls to definitely keep an eye on:

Kim Se Jeong, WG - Irony
I found myself audibly saying "Baby guuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl!" during her performance. She is easily my number 1. She's so talented, and has that girl next door charm, charisma and beauty about her, very similar to Sun Ye. Her vocal performance was excellent, and she was so kind to help Sohye get up to performance standard. I'm not worried about her though, apparently the battle for 1st place in the polling is between her and Somi? Anyway, I'd post every solo performance of each person in her group, because they were all excellent and did really well.

Spoiler: show

Kang Yae Bin, Miss A
She be turning it OUT. She has idoling down pat, in that, even when she's not singing and standing still, she doesn't seem awkward, but is thoroughly emoting and into it.

Jung Chae Yeon, GG
Not the best singer, but the rest of her idoling is on point. She reminds me of Rika kind of? An excellent EXCELLENT performer, but a voice that requires a certain taste haha. She's lovely though, and has a kind of star quality/charisma that made me focus on her video.

Yu Yeun Jung, GG
Her vocals were ah-mah-zing, and she successfully idols even when the camera/spotlight isn't on her. Her high note and runs were perfect <3

Park Ha Yi, WG Irony
Not saying this because she's one of the older contestants or anything, but she does have a sexy charisma about her, and out of all of the performances (lol I am going thru all of them), her haireography is the most successful. Everyone else always ends up with hair in their face, but she doesn't for the most part, and when she does she moves it out of the way lol. Also, despite not having many lines, she was still SERVING it omg <3.

Park Min Ji, Kara - Break It
Her voice really is so amazing. Also, of all the girls performing Kara's Break It so far, MinJi, and Han Ji Yeon seem to be the ones most into it. Everyone else was serving half-hearted dance moves. MinJi was quite amazing though, her demeanor and vocals really reminds me of Luna.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:58 pm

Episode 3 subs are out!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3rhhp ... 1-subs_fun

And yeah I love Sejeong IMMENSELY too, and she's literally only 200 votes behind Somi right now. She was the team Lead for Sohye's team (Which included Hayi) which meant she decided who sung what and helped Sohye learn the Choreography. She'll make a great leader for the new girl group and I really hope she gets in. I'm only not voting for her currently in order to keep Somi at Number one (The #1 girl gets center position in the group) but I absolutely think it's REQUIRED Sejeong be there.

Crown Girls KILLED it, I hear they as a group are getting way more votes, kind of hoping it saves Gaeul.

I can find Risa's fancam, unfortunately she didn't have as much improvement as Sohye XD
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:28 pm

I'm on mobile right now so I can't find and post it, but episode 4 should be floating out there somewhere lol MNet also posted the new group performances onto their YT! Apparently Sohye messed up her lines in irony? Lol

^^ Yeah I watched Risa's fancam, and *sigh* I want her to do well, and she is improving, just not at the pace I think the trainers would like lol She would be perfect in like AKB or something though lol.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:28 am

yeah I'm looking for a decent quality upload of Episode 4 now, since it's mostly performances it's really easy to watch Raw (I just watched a live stream when it came on). But the "Tsundere" trainer crying over Sohye's improvement got me, I teared up :(
AyuHikaru
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film