Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: [10/25] Morning Musume. '23 73rd Single "Suggoi FEVER! / Wake-up Call~Mezameru Toki~/ Neverending Shine"

Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:32 am

Shabranikuduu wrote:

Hoshibe Sho and Okubo Kaoru posted a pinned comment about working together on the song "Wake-up Call~Mezameru Toki~" and even the lyrics

Hoshibe Sho :
"Let's write a song together someday!"
It was in the Fall of 2022 that I made such a promise to Okubo Kaoru-san.
Half a year later, in the Spring of 2023, I immediately contacted Okubo Kaoru-san when I received an offer to produce a song for Morning Musume.
"Let's take Morning Musume's single song as a premise, and let's co-write it!" resulting in the completion of this song with speed rarely seen in recent years.

The moment I heard the intro of the sound source I received, images such as "a feeling of something beginning" and "awakening" came to me, and I incorporated these feelings into the melody and lyrics.
It was a very exciting exchange, as we worked together to come up with the melody and structure of the song!
The lyrics are filled with words that I want the girls to sing now.
There are also keywords related to past songs interspersed throughout the site (If you're a fan, you will know!)
I believe that the 25 years of history makes the words resonate with a deeper flavor.

Morning Musume's songs and performances have the power to make people's hearts beat faster.
I would be happy if the music boosts that power even more.
Once again, congratulations on your 26th anniversary!

Okubo Kaoru
Since "One, Two, Three" in 2012, I have been frequently arranging for Morning Musume for more than 10 years. I have arranged about 90 songs so far.
Each song has been a trial and error process, but it has been a place where I have improved my skills both musically and as a person!
That is what Morning Musume is!!

The members are friends who have fought together, and who have aimed high with the same passion in their hearts!
Family! Is what I think of.
In such a situation, it was my greatest pleasure and gratitude to be able to participate in this memorable 26th year by composing the music for the first time!
Nothing else.
The exciting production with co-writer Hoshibe Sho-san was a magical time for me, as if I could go back to "the days when I was crazy about music and wanted to become a musician".
I hope you can feel "something" in the members' strong and straightforward voices and performance in this song.
I hope that Morning Musume, which is constantly evolving, will continue to spread its wings on the next stage.

Lyrics
Wow Wow Yeah

「君にそんなメイクは似合わない」
解せない女らしさの押しつけ
生憎あんたのためじゃない
言いたいことはただそれだけ?

可愛く(可愛く)
カッコよく(カッコよく)
あざとく(あざとく)
妖しく(妖しく)
多面性を持った生き物
どんな顔も肯定しなくちゃ

人に委ねる なんてきっとつまらない
自分で決める この思いは揺るがない
私はね 私を騙したくない

Wake-up Call 目覚める時だね
人生を愉しむ時だね
太陽はこの心の中
Just do it! Just do it!
Just do it! Just do it!
夜の底で 朝を待つ誰かの心
私が照らしてあげる
Dance, Baby! Dance, Baby!

順風満帆の時だけじゃ気づけない
人生経験を積まなけりゃ気づけない
人間はもうちょっと優しくなれる
諦めてちゃ本物のザ☆ピ~スは築けない

「女らしく」「男らしく」
解像度の悪すぎる眼差し
心の真ん中覗けば
完全オリジナルの小宇宙

楽しい(楽しい)
悲しい(悲しい)
愛しい(愛しい)
憎らしい(憎らしい)
矛盾だらけそんな生き物
感じたこと表現しなくちゃ

時代は回る 幸せへと向かって
変わり続ける それはきっと変わらない
誰にだって カラフルな可能性

Wake-up Call 目覚める時だね
自分を着替える時だね
何度だって生まれ変わろう
Just do it! Just do it!
Just do it! Just do it!
夜の底で 燻った誰かの心
導火線に着火してあげる

寝ぼけ顔にWake-up Call
私たちのWake-up Call
つまらないなんて冷めてないで
そりゃ君次第 こっちに来なさい
One 歴史が作り出したファンデーション
Two 手を繋ぎ編み出したフォーメーション
Three アゲてやる人生のモチベーション
さぁ踊ろう Dance!×5

Ha Ah Wow Yeah

Wake-up Call 目覚める時だね
人生を愉しむ時だね
太陽はこの心の中
Just do it! Just do it!
Just do it! Just do it!
夜の底で 朝を待つ誰かの心
私が照らしてあげる

Ha Ah Wow Yeah

One 歴史が作り出したファンデーション
Two 手を繋ぎ編み出したフォーメーション
Three アゲてやる人生のモチベーション
さぁ踊ろう Dance!×5

Three 未来へ前進 今日もエボリューション
Two 笑顔と元気 愛のレボリューション
One 生きてる全員 コングラチュレーション
Zero さぁ踊ろう Dance!×5

Re: [10/25] Morning Musume. '23 73rd Single "Suggoi FEVER! / Wake-up Call~Mezameru Toki~/ Neverending Shine"

Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:54 am

Omg this song needs a frickin' lyricsgenius.com entry to point out allll of the seemingly endless references. :0
Don't quote me but this might be my favorite H!P song in... years. :fear:

Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:32 pm

I'm so glad they got Hoshibe Sho to write them a song again. He is bringing Morning Musume to a whole new level.

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:01 pm

boinsie wrote:Omg this song needs a frickin' lyricsgenius.com entry to point out allll of the seemingly endless references. :0
Don't quote me but this might be my favorite H!P song in... years. :fear:

:music: Parroting boinsie. :P

Wow! Wake-up Call is different. Lots of fun and tempo changes throughout. I like the 1, 2, 3 part best, around 2:30. The whole song reminds me of a H!PS deck of cards being shuffled and stacked by boinsie. :lol:

Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:13 pm

I was fully prepared to not like this bc I find a lot of Okubo's arrangements to be rather... similar, for lack of better term. :fear:

But I actually love this! I really enjoyed the video too.

Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:41 pm

It has been years since I liked a song and a PV from MM that much!!

Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:49 pm

I'd love to see something like a laser version of this PV. :nod:

Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:51 am

Okay, I've given the song many honest listens.(Listening without watching) It reminds me of Jealousy Jealousy in arrangement.
1st it's waaay better than Heavy Gate but nowhere close as good as Jealousy Jealousy.
2nd Singing aside, The way the actual music is arranged, it seems like 2-3 different songs mashed together. The flow/transition between singing and rapping wasn't as clean as in Jealousy Jealousy.
3rd Line distribution is better than in previous releases. Thank you UFP for listening. However that only highlights how far behind MM is in vocal talent as a whole when compared to other H!P groups(MM actively avoids the better KSS).

It's a cute video, I'd watch it, but the song itself isn't anything I'd listen to. I do look forward to the next chapter of MM.

Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:34 am

One thing I have always found to be true is:
Nobody does Morning Musume better than Morning Musume. 8)

Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:05 pm

A person in the comments said the intro sounds like the intro to The Weeknd's Blinding Lights. It does a little.
Post a reply