[12/21] Morning Musume. '22 72nd Single "Swing Swing Paradise / Happy birthday to Me!" : Billboard #1, Oricon #1

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [12/21] Morning Musume. '22 72nd Single "Swing Swing Paradise / Happy birthday to Me!"

Postby Amped » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:07 am

TV Promotion

Full Chorus One Night Only Revival SP 10.28.22

Morning Musume. '22 New Single "Swing Swing Paradise" and "Happy birthday to Me!" full performances
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cD4y1878q/
*First unveiling of "Swing Swing Paradise"

Morning Musume. '22 "Mukidashi de Mukiatte" full performance
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1CP4y1S79y/

Full Talk Segment with Hama Okamoto and Becky, plus video messages from other H!P groups.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV13V4y1V7Ju/

Edit : All three performances

Morning Musume. '22 is back with two insane songs and strong as ever.
Last edited by Amped on Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Re: [12/21] Morning Musume. '22 72nd Single "Swing Swing Paradise / Happy birthday to Me!"

Postby Moh » Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:10 pm

I can't say either one is very memorable to me so far, but maybe the studio versions will change my mind!

The opening of SSP, though... they had me in the first half. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Stereo » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:25 pm

Happy birthday is very cool, the performance is so well done,that energy, that perfect synchro dance with high energy. Perfection !

Swing swing is missing a little something to be unforgettable but it's nice too, i'll wait the Mv to have my definitive though (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)
Stereo
Senior Initiate

Postby Amped » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:42 am

Promotion

Morning Musume. '22 Kaga Kaede will have a solo internet signing event with Limited Stand on November 28th @ 9:15pm (two days before her birthday)
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... c92d7d74ae
https://limista.jp/projects/3467
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:14 am

Somewhat leaning towards "Swing" between the two right now (probably because small parts of it remind me of "Mr. Moonlight" in a very basic way), but there are definitely potential earworm moments in "Birthday". Have to wait and see which one I end up humming in the shower next week. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:53 am

from Morning Musume Morning Jogakuin radio show last Saturday

Morning Musume. '22 New single "Happy birthday to Me!" radio preview
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:32 am

Promotion

It is announced that Morning Musume. '22's New Single "Happy birthday to Me!" (HBTM for short) music video will be up on November 11th @ 9pm. November 11th is Sakurai Rio's birthday, which is a perfect birthday present for her debut.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:43 pm

Morning Musume. '22 New single "Happy birthday to Me!" MV (Promotion Edit)

MV Director : Yoshiyuki Shimada

His list of works
https://ewiys.com/

Tsunku's notes on writing "Happy birthday to Me!"
As the producer Tsunku
I thought of a melody that Morning Musume should sing now.

The characteristics should be appealing to me.
It is a melody that lingers in the ear.
A melody that seems easy to sing.
But in reality, it is a melody with a difficult rhythm that is challenging to sing.

I took these factors into consideration while creating this.

I've been thinking about this since I was making it.
A timeless, universal presence.

If you chase after a trendy sound, it quickly becomes old, and if you chase after something nostalgic of the past, it becomes more of a project.

"Happy birthday to Me!" I made it with just the right sense of the times in mind.

When you think about it, the R&B and disco sounds of the 70's and 80's sound old, but not old enough to be listened today.

In the 80's, the number of beat-up sounds and sampled rhythms increased, but the guitars and basses were played by humans, so there was a human touch and a thrill that I felt from that, which was very exciting.

After all, even in 2022, the technical capabilities of humans playing for real is both impressive and thrilling.
What? How is it possible for a human being to do this? There are many such "techniques" not only in musical performances, but also in architecture, cooking, and many other areas, aren't there?

"Artisan" skills are important, but in terms of individuality, a passionate soul that is selfless and the fruit of one's utmost efforts also moves people, don't you think?

For example, the Japanese summer tradition of high school baseball games, or my own child's dazzling performance in kindergarten.

It's the one and only.

I digress.
When creating the melody, I was very conscious of the "timeless and universal presence," which is also the theme of this project.

In creating pop music, I think the most important point to demonstrate human power is the "voice = singing" part.

We recorded with new member "Sakurai," and the changing voices of the group are very important to the creation of the piece.

For me, it is like having a new "voice" instrument in my hands, and the final impression will change considerably depending on how I combine them.

The fruits of her hard work and passionate excitement will be reflected in the sound of the finished product.

I believe that the result is a unique work of art.

I don't want to talk behind your back, I don't want to post anonymously on some social networking site, I want to raise my hand and blurt out what's going through my mind right now, naming who it's coming from.

I'm sure everyone feels the need to vent their frustrations, partly because they've been forced to live in a really stifling environment for the past few years.

It's really sad that we spend such an important time of our youth online, but that's the way it is, isn't it?

For Morning Musume and their fans who have not been able to attend their concerts as much as they would have liked, I'm sure there is a lot of frustration for the fans who always come to support us.

It's not for anyone else, it's for me! I have always said that each member of Morning Musume is a member of Morning Musume, and it is certainly prohibited to disturb the team circle, but before that, there is the identity of "I".

This is the story.

In the first verse, "I want to let it all go"
but in the second verse, it also says, "You don't have to say what you don't want to say."

I think that's all that matters in the end (laughs).

Happy birthday to me

It's the kind of song that celebrates the birth of the new me, myself.
As is the case with every new group that welcomes a new member, it is always the birthday of the new Morning Musume group.

This is another new start for Morning Musume.
Please continue to support us!

https://note.tsunku.net/n/nbba60539b302
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:36 pm

Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:49 pm

Those are all very pretty shots. This Morning-san can rival any past incarnation in terms of beauty.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project