Sato Masaki has graduated from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project on December 13th @ Budokan

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Sato Masaki to graduate from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project on December 13th @ Budokan

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:51 pm

^Knowing it’s Maachan it will definitely be something unexpected but perhaps it’ll be a song to make everyone smile or energetic.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

Re: Sato Masaki to graduate from Morning Musume. '21 and Hello! Project on December 13th @ Budokan

Postby Zunu » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:No matter how much I think, I have no clue. I just come up with songs I'd like on the general setlist.

Yeah tbh I don't really associate specific songs with Masaki like I do with Oda or some other girls, that's why I was wondering I guess.

Tobo_Junny135 wrote:Knowing it’s Maachan it will definitely be something unexpected but perhaps it’ll be a song to make everyone smile or energetic.

Come to think of it I guess I'd like to hear if she ever mastered "WHAT IS LOVE?" on the piano. Imagine if she started singing it by herself at the keyboard with a bluesy lowkey feel and then little by little the rest of the group joined in with energy and emotion....

tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Solarblade » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:14 am

First thought was Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki for some reason xD
Solarblade
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Aarii/Zukki

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Ah.... I was really hoping, hoping I wouldn't see this thread title, even though it wasn't very realistic. At least my work switched how they do holidays so now I should be able to take off that Monday. It's been years since I've been to a concert, but I can't miss this.

Masaki's the first MM girl to have a 10 year history to graduate since Sayumi, right? I do hope this means she'll get a true solo grad song.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Amped » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:17 pm

The Japanese gov. set a goal for everyone to already have their 2nd dose by November 2021. By December, I'm hoping things will get better so the concert can be filled up a little more.

I think Budokan is the right place, because it is where her gen mates Kudo Haruka and Iikubo Haruna graduated. It has more meaning to her than any other venue.
Last edited by Amped on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Solarblade wrote:First thought was Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki for some reason xD

She does have a pretty memorable line with Miki in that one.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby aerosuffly » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:08 pm

forgetmenots wrote:Masaki's the first MM girl to have a 10 year history to graduate since Sayumi, right? I do hope this means she'll get a true solo grad song.

This fact surprised me the most about her graduation. For an unknown reason, my memory of the 10 gen wearing the chick costumes in Pyoko Pyoko Ultra is still very clear. It is hard to remind myself that that was 10 years ago! And despite that, Maachan is still very young. It will be sad to not be able to see her in MM again, but I am really looking forward for what she will bring in the future.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:06 am

Somehow I'm expecting pyoko pyoko ultra as her song lol
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Celedam » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:13 am

If someone else has the time and interest to go through it, this channel…

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCmzGalBi5FGUWMElT-XzPQ

…might be a good source of information between now and the big event. It already has comments from Yuiri Murayama (AKB48) and Sanma Akashiya.

I don't have the time. Not for the foreseeable future. I'm dealing with stuff.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:53 pm

Masaki's message to fans on twitter.

Summarized translation by Chanting Lee on twitter (among other things, it seems Masaki chose Budokan for her grad. So the earlier announcement meant a concert in general was planned either way, though not specifically the venue.)

Twitter thread begins here:
https://twitter.com/ChantingLee/status/ ... 0803918851

Text for those that can't access Twitter:
Spoiler: show
In summary:

Thanks for coming to our event! Did you have fun today? I certainly did!!
I've been surrounded by beautiful flowers one after the other since joining MM (meaning the members). I met Tanaka Reina-san, who loves deeply and is super hard working.

Michishige Sayumi-san, who is full of love for MM. Both of them started new paths, which brought forth both happiness+sadness in me. It was also during this time my idea of MM started to change. I met a lot of juniors since, and MM has taught me different types/ways of love.

But 3 months from now, I'll be leaving these flowers behind, and MM's Sato Masaki won't be there anymore.
Here, I want the fans to promise me 1 thing.
Please stay away from me for a while & support the current MM (I'm a little worried abt Ayumin).

This is my wish!
Sorry for being selfish.
I want to start anew, and this might be very different from MM's Masaki. I also don't know if it'll go well or not... So I won't say "please follow/support me!"

Although it's rather selfish of me, I decided on my graduation to properly separate myself from Tsunku+MM. I want the remaining 3 months to be of no regrets - with the members & with Tsunku's songs.

I wanted to say goodbye to MM in Budokan - the stage where I debut and really love. I will do my best with the remaining time! I'm really thankful to have met you all today. Thanks for coming.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project