Takagi Sayuki left Juice=Juice and Hello! Project as of 02/13/2021

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Takagi Sayuki left Juice=Juice and Hello! Project as of 02/13/2021

Postby Jessi » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:18 am

Celedam wrote:And that's exactly why I think there's something more going on. I suspect the management simply asked her to keep quiet and be more careful until her graduation (which was likely coming soon anyhow), but she objected to some specific condition or request.

I feel this is the case. She had choices and the choice she went with was immediate dismissal because her hand was forced.

I’m just sad. She doesn’t deserve this. She’s been with H!P for a long time. Had one of the best voices. She should have gotten a proper send off.

I’m also mad at whoever thinks it’s a fun job to leak this kind of information and destroy a young girls career. It seems perverse. Falling in love in your twenties shouldn’t be a crime.

I’m going to stop venting about it now. But yeah. I just have a lot of respect for Sayuki. When I saw the relationship news I thought, aww he seems cute and kind and I hope she’s happy. Not... oh what a scandal!
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby boinsie » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:32 am

My assumption is that Up Front offered for her to go on suspension for a couple of months to reflect (a la H!P's recent response to scandals), but Sayubee wanted to graduate soon anyway, weighed her timeline, and decided to leave of her own accord.
Only weird part there is that she's still listed under Upfront.. but maybe she just needs to ride out her contract.
boinsie
Guru

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:45 am

Jessi wrote:
Celedam wrote:And that's exactly why I think there's something more going on. I suspect the management simply asked her to keep quiet and be more careful until her graduation (which was likely coming soon anyhow), but she objected to some specific condition or request.

I feel this is the case. She had choices and the choice she went with was immediate dismissal because her hand was forced.

Or she asked to be dismissed because of the “perceived” responsibility. She seems to take work seriously, so I feel this could be a case as well.

Which is stupid and sexist, whatever the real “reasons” are.

Japanese entertainment business need wake up. In my dream, I want UF to stand up and just say, “It is her private matter and her right to have a relationship.” But sexism is still deeply rooted in Japanese entertainment business and and their collective society. The management wouldn’t want to do something that disrupt the “system” even though they might support their talents. It sucks.

I want Sayuri = Sayuki x Yuri duo.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby verilian » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:22 am

boinsie wrote:My assumption is that Up Front offered for her to go on suspension for a couple of months to reflect (a la H!P's recent response to scandals), but Sayubee wanted to graduate soon anyway, weighed her timeline, and decided to leave of her own accord.
Only weird part there is that she's still listed under Upfront.. but maybe she just needs to ride out her contract.

I think maybe she needs to ride out her contract, but I also hope it's because they're going to make her and Sakura the next GAM and they haven't given up on her, despite this scandal. Idols dating angers wotas, but for a non-idol it should mostly be a non-issue.
verilian
Senior Initiate

Postby B8067HC » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:47 am

The financial matters also play in this one imo. This incident might impacted to JJ sales, if let's say Sayuki still in group (although without her on board, the sales might disturbed also). At least for Japanese market, where the money came from.
B8067HC
Senior Initiate

Postby teth » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:34 am

It is what it is I feel
This is the idol industry
Not saying she shouldn’t get to be a normal person but she did know the rules and broke them
So I don’t feel sorry fo her?

UFA could’ve fired her completely but left her on the roster. Even adding her to OG page? This means they will bring her back at some point.
teth
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:20 pm

Inaba Manaka
Yesterday it was announced that Takagi Sayuki will be ending her activities with Juice=Juice and Hello! Project

I apologize for surprising you all of a sudden.

Yesterday, I was in the middle of an event, and an announcement was made, so I had to write this blog after a long day.

It's hard to put it into words because it was so sudden for us too, but...

Takagi-san was kind and friendly to me even before I joined Juice=Juice.
She listened to me about many things.

I'll never forget going to karaoke with her and being able to hear her sing up close and personal.

I remember our long conversations on the phone, how you always cared about me, and many other things.

I never thought that I would be working with Takagi-san in the same group...

Anyway, I will never forget how warmly Takagi-san and all the senior members welcomed me at that time, and I am still grateful to them.

I got goose bumps and excited when we were standing on the same stage.

It inspired me.

We had a lot of laughs in the dressing room.

It was cute to see Takagi-san looking embarrassed as she spoke in slightly strange Japanese when she got excited.

I can't believe that I won't be able to sing and dance with Takagi-san anymore.

I really can't believe that Takagi-san wil no longer be with us today, and it is very hard to accept.

But

There is a concert today

I have to do my best to make sure that everyone who attends can enjoy themselves.

Of course I'm worried about the future, but all I can do is try my best to do what I can do in front of me.

I love Takagi-san's singing...

I'm looking forward to hearing it again.

I have to work much harder.

We will all do our best to work together.

I hope you will continue to support Juice=Juice.

I'm looking forward to working with you.

Inaba Manaka

https://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/e ... 68373.html
Amped
High Priest

Postby Sohee » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:07 pm

I feel that Sayuki probably decided to leave instead of stick around/go in break/whatever until whenever and then eventually graduate later on (I've gotten the impression she was on her way out anyway) so it makes sense.

What sucks, and pisses me off more than anything, is that she, as a 24 year old woman - most likely feels guilty for having a boyfriend. I'm so over Japan's ancient idol rules they need to wake up, it's so fskn frustrating. Here's hoping things will change sooner rather than later.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Amped » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:58 pm

Reacting to the news, Miyazaki Yuka calls Sayuki, in a caring way, an "idiot" or a "you blockhead!"

Sayuki is a foolish idiot.

She may be a foolish idiot, but I know too many good things about her, so she's an irreplaceable and important friend to me. That will never change. Always.

It's really sad. I can't wait to laugh with everyone again.
It still looks difficult. I'll do my best.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Tobo_Junny135 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:16 pm

Those tabloids I’m going to lose my head with them. I was beginning to love Sayuki too. Juice=Juice will be so different without her now.
Tobo_Junny135
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project