Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:14 pm

This is my theory about the Sayuki Scandal and how H!P handled it:

Apparently H!P knew of the relationship of Sayuki and the singer from when it started back in 2019. I have said it before; I believe H!P has a new rule instead of the 'no boyfriend rule', it is the 'don't get caught rule'.
This also shows with previous similar scandals with younger members who were suspended or just remained their activities.

I believe Sayuki has been thinking about graduation in the upcoming year already and that's why they announced the Auditions before.
Wotas seem to be 'okay' with the affair and considering how they handled previous boyfriend scandals I don't think they forced her to leave.
But if Sayuki would have stayed now and would announce her graduation in a few months, wotas could be disappointed like: 'We agreed to her staying and now she is abusing our trust by leaving anyways.'
So my guess is, this has just sped up her leaving by loosing a graduation period.

Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:19 pm

I know some female Japanese H!P wotas and they all seem to be quite pissed at this.

I think this rule is just silly, to be very honest. I guess the "don't get caught" part seems quite accurate. The one thing I hate is:
We have come to this conclusion based on our overall judgment that she lacked self-awareness as a member of Hello Project.

and
As a member of the group, I was not aware of my actions and acted rashly.

...I don't know if that's a mistranslation or what but I'm quite pretty sure that she was aware of her actions, and so was UF about this - and that's just a flat out bullshit statement.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:37 am

No! This is terrible news. I'm really going to miss her in Juice=Juice.

Re: Takagi Sayuki left Juice=Juice and Hello! Project as of 02/13/2021

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:09 am

Uemura Akari
https://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/e ... 03714.html

Matsunaga Riai
https://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/e ... 92923.html

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:13 am

I'll tell you one thing, I've never seen the overseas fan... 'web presence' (yeah let's call it that) so lit up.
I wonder what exactly makes this case in particular cause so much outrage. Wasn't like this with Ogata Risa or the other Factory scandals.
And it's not like there's plenty of precedent (Kago Ai, Fujimoto Miki, Yaguchi Mari,...).

Just imagine what would have happened if Twitter were around when Kago Ai got kicked out. It was bad enough on forums in those days.
Yeah, I know Twitter launched in 2006, but as a very limited text messaging service. nothing like the 300+ million users it has today.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:55 am

^ Outrage that she's been removed? Or outrage that she got caught? I really can't imagine the latter coming from overseas fans.

If it's the former, the why is easy: she's older — almost 24 — so the dating rule seems particularly unjust in her case, and a sudden removal is a terrible way to go for one of the best singers in the history of H!P.

And that's exactly why I think there's something more going on. I suspect the management simply asked her to keep quiet and be more careful until her graduation (which was likely coming soon anyhow), but she objected to some specific condition or request.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:22 am

Damn it. I really was hoping this wouldn’t happen, but here we are.

Im angry too. My first reaction was just anger. Why would a 23 year old woman have to apologize for being in a relationship she was doing her best to keep to herself and wasn’t flaunting or anything.

Sigh. I need a second to process.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:51 am

Well this sucks.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:53 am

I blame Miyamoto Karin for this mess. Karin started Sayuki on a downward spiral by confessing to the sempai that Sayuki had a crush on before Sayuki could just to spite Sayuki.

Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:19 am

This is just pathetic. They really need to stop that kind of things. You don't judge and make a woman quit just because .... she is Loving someone ...
That's really the part of Hello project and idols that disgust me. That's bad and retrograde.
Post a reply