Ogata Risa Thread: 1st album "montage" [6/19]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby koregaboku » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:22 am

Celedam wrote:
koregaboku wrote:the gossip itself is gossip, sure

And right there you disproved your entire point. Even you don't really care about the content of the gossip, you're just arguing for the freedom to discuss it. Which I respect in most cases, but not in this case.

Why? Because everyone who matters has already acknowledged that the gossip was salacious and hurtful. Everyone who matters has already expressed a desire to move on. We can only guess whether Ogata will return to the group some day, and in the meantime we will deal with the situation as it is.

So, please explain to me why we must look backwards and dig through that gossip, post by post by post.

I'm actually quite interested in discussing the "gossip" but was trying to be respectful of yours and others wishes not to discuss it at length. Jplop is my one-stop-shop for H!P so unless it's discussed here I won't be discussing it elsewhere. I have no desire to Google my way to H!O.

But to the point, you also conveniently dropped the part of the sentence where I mentioned the difference being that it was (is?) gossip perpetuated by a HP member herself.

That puts it in a significantly different tier of gossip than your run of the mill "Some fan saw Airi sitting next to a boy on the bus and omg they were talking and she was LAUGHING!! Is it her boyfriend?!!"

That shit is dumb and speculative.

This however may come with some exaggerated grains of truth. Does Saori have a boyfriend and does that mean she's the next one out? This wouldn't be the first time there have been rumors about her having a boyfriend/breaking the boyfriend rule and with it coming from a fellow Tsubaki member... Well there may be some truth to it.

Just because you would prefer not to discuss it doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. Others in this thread have already expressed interest in discussing it yet you have come in highly discouraging it.

*For the record, I find the no relationship rule quite possibly the most perplexing idol-rule but it is what they all signed up for (although ethics could be raised around parents and companies having children/young teenagers agreeing to it).
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Solarblade » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:35 am

I kind of agree with Korega, if you dont like it, then avoid the thread simple as that, people do wanna discuss it as shown the last couple pages

This is pretty big, whether or not its uncomfortable is a personal preference and not all people are bothered, maybe more curious, so id say let the conversation continue.

Plus any topic discussion rught now is like good for the forum since its been more or less snoozing becayse of H!Ps lack of releases in the year lol
Solarblade
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Aarii/Zukki

Postby Celedam » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:45 am

koregaboku wrote:But to the point, you also conveniently dropped the part of the sentence where I mentioned the difference being that it was (is?) gossip perpetuated by a HP member herself.

They are the subjective observations and hurt feelings of a single member in a stressful situation. I can guarantee you that every member of H!P has similar observations and feelings. Ogata's mistake was that she posted those observations and feelings online and then trusted people who couldn't be trusted to keep her secrets. The only real lesson here is "Don't do that."

koregaboku wrote:This however may come with some exaggerated grains of truth. Does Saori have a boyfriend and does that mean she's the next one out? This wouldn't be the first time there have been rumors about her having a boyfriend/breaking the boyfriend rule and with it coming from a fellow Tsubaki member... Well there may be some truth to it.

And so what if there is? No, really, so what? I understand and accept the principle that idols should maintain a cheerful and chaste image because it's part of the product they sell. But I also understand and accept the reality that they're girls in their teens and early twenties doing a very difficult job. All of this is a shared fantasy, and the fantasy might fray at the edges sometimes but that doesn't mean you need to pick at the threads.

koregaboku wrote:Just because you would prefer not to discuss it doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed. Others in this thread have already expressed interest in discussing it yet you have come in highly discouraging it.

And here I am explaining why. If I am outvoted or overruled, then so be it, but I will have my say.

Solarblade wrote:I kind of agree with Korega, if you dont like it, then avoid the thread simple as that, people do wanna discuss it as shown the last couple pages

Define "it". I'm not discouraging substantive discussion of what has actually happened, I'm discouraging pointless discussion of the gross details of the gossip itself. I thought I made that clear, but apparently not.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:56 am

And Solarblade and I are similarly having our say (and possibly speaking on behalf of a number of others as well).

And re:Saori- it's not as simple as she's a young adult in her prime. And I would disagree with this picking at the threads. If this ends up true, we may be looking at Kobushi Factory 2.0. As an HP fan, and as TF probably being my favorite group at the moment, that would majorly suck.

Lastly to your response to Solarblade (and I'm on mobile so quoting is harder)- this is where it feels like your splitting hairs. All that Risa posted, however ill advised, is something that actually happened.

We've talked about Reina (and I think Sayu) making chinky eyes (albeit that was to official platforms), we've talked at length the repercussions of Yoshizawa's drunk driving, and I wouldnt be surprised if at some point Yaguchi's affair was discussed. This doesn't seem much different.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby erilaz » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:23 am

koregaboku wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if at some point Yaguchi's affair was discussed.

Back in the JPM days, Yaguchi's first big scandal (the Oguri Shun Friday situation and her subsequent resignation from MM。) had its own thread that ran to 184 pages.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Amped » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:29 am

It's making things worse. Consider the feelings of fans of Ogata Risa first.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Moh » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm sorry, but telling people to not discuss this whole ordeal is kind of ridiculous. :| We've certainly discussed scandals that have been much worse, so why is this one off-limits?
It's not like anybody is forcing anyone else to participate. If you don't want to partake in this particular discussion, then don't! Surely it can be that simple.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby B8067HC » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:27 pm

True, it will be cause others to discuss it more. As long as the discussion is fair and not offended any members here, should be fine.

Btw I’m wondering about the gravure release in UTB, Risamaru was there (and funnily, partnered with Kiki-chan).
B8067HC
Senior Initiate

Postby Sohee » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Can we at least make a separate thread for the Ogata story, so people who don't wanna deal with speculating/interpreting/judging and/or possible hating on whoever, can avoid it without having to scroll pass pages in this very general thread? :lol:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Re: Ogata Risa on indefinite hiatus from Tsubaki Factory

Postby Stereo » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:13 am

I feel really bad seeing what she wrote. Remember me when at the very beginning of the group I came across a video on YT with all the girls doing some games and activities and without really knowing any of the girls, I thought she looked mean. I then posted my impression, at the time, on the forum and was told it was just because she is shy.

Some years later I fell I was right because what she say is so negative and that's makes sad.

What i find strange is that i feel like she doesn't listen to the lyrics of all the songs they sing? Think so negatively when the words of all songs try to show how caring, positive and fair is the way to make this world a better place, that's weird and sad.

Look at how the world is cruel and hard, now look at the incredible chance you have to be an HP! singer in Japan and have the chance to spread some hope in public heart. Act like that is not nice and not really smart. There is no place for that kind of behavior. I don't care when girls have boyfriend to be honest, but i can't forgive when it's being mean.
Stereo
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project