Kobushi Factory to disband on March 30th 2020 (Last SG March 4th)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Kobushi Factory to disband on March 30th 2020 (Last SG March 4th)

Postby Jessi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:12 am

This is gut wrenching

When Kobushi Factory and Country Girls debuted in the same year, I thought both groups were absolutely perfect. Kobushi had power and Country Girls had cuteness. Their members were all top notch. So much potential.

Then Country Girls lost Uta and they tried to regain momentum by adding Funaki and Nanamin, but it just never got to where it was at debut. Then they went on the hiatus and then disbanded. I enjoyed them while we had them but I can’t help but wonder where they would have been had Uta stayed...

Then Kobushi another perfectly well rounded group, amazing singers, some of the best since C-ute, and then one scandal after another losing what 3 girls in a year. They tried to bounce back as a 5-some, but again they never regained momentum being overtaken by Beyooonds, Tsubaki and even Juice=Juice who got a huge boost in 2019.

Two groups I instantly loved now disbanded. Both never fully living up to their potential because of things beyond most members control. It’s just sad.

I didn’t even like Tsubaki when they were created. It was like a rough group of girls who weren’t really ready to debut just sort of thrusted into it because Kobushi needed a rival. But they worked that toughness making it their charm point and look where they are now. I would have never guessed that Tsubaki would go on to outsell both KF and CG in the long run. I’m not surprised they are disbanding now but back then I wouldn’t have imagined both groups losing members and disbanding so early. C-ute and Berryz seemed to last forever (maybe it’s because they started at such young ages?)

Let’s pray for Beyooonds that nothing bad happens to them
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Rysaria » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:57 am

I was debating asking in December if I missed something as to why they seemed pretty quiet single-wise, but I felt like disbandment or an addition were going to happen and I didn't want to jinx either. I can't say I was surprised, but it's still a bummer, especially when my favorite member is disappearing (but I'm not surprised she is, either).

Things like this make me wonder if those generally against additions still feel the same or if they'd rather deal with additions so they can continue seeing their favorite members grow.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:07 am

Rysaria: Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm glad they never added members to Kobushi even with the disbandment. Them seeming so determined to go out with the OG 5 until the end is admirable. (And I think it's better having some groups that just end, no matter how much I love them and their music.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby koregaboku » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:47 am

Celedam wrote:
Zunu wrote:I'm shocked...but not....surprised?

This. They've obviously been struggling for a while.

Third-ed. I'm at work right now but I'll try and hop on with more articulate thoughts later.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Moh » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:00 am

I found out about this through a tweet from Airi, so I went here straight after that.

For lack of better words... This really, really bums me out. :/
And honestly FWIW, I don't think adding more members would've changed the outcome.

Also uhh can we not start with the whole "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR TSUBAKI AND BEYOOOOONDS" thing? They'll both be just fine.
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Celedam » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:23 am

2ch and subsequently H!O are saying this happened because Hamaura got caught with a boyfriend.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Pyo-kiyo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:29 am

That's a nonsense. I'd love to see someone plan a disbandment date, a single and everything else in just one day. :giggle:
Pyo-kiyo
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Kobushi Factory

Postby Celedam » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 am

The timing of the news might be a coincidence, but I can believe that if she does have a boyfriend — and has had one for a while now, according to the rumor — then it was a factor in the decision.

Remember, this is Kobushi Factory we're talking about, and 2017 wasn't that long ago.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:57 am

Celedam wrote:2ch and subsequently H!O are saying this happened because Hamaura got caught with a boyfriend.

Even the 5 remaining members haven't been totally scandal-free since the 3 members left.
Smaller things, a picture here, a wayward SNS post there, certainly not worth disbandment, but they all add up.

I posted this in 2017:
JonCC wrote:Kobushi Factory is slowly but surely turning out to be the worst-behaved group in H!P history.

Guess I was right. ;(
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Doraleous » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:51 am

Amped wrote:Inoue Rei will stay a soloist for H!P.

Is this confirmed? She is a confirmed soloist? No joining any group/captaining a new group or something?
Doraleous
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project