The H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Chibs wrote:(an unit which consists of Sato & Miyamoto), I would like to do things like consulting and thinking about lyrics or songs with her as we both composing songs.

Yes please
A Jurin-written song for Hinafes would be so cute.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:28 pm

From January 2016…

Amped wrote:It is announced that Sasaki Rikako has become the newest Seventeen magazine model

My pointless musing of the day is that even though we don't hear much about this, because it's non-H!P work done with an entirely different group of people, a quick googling shows that Rikako actually has been quite busy with it. It wasn't "stunt casting" of a popular idol as a part-time model — nope, she is a real model used throughout each issue.

Anyhow, now that I'm more aware of this, various comments from other members of ANGERME make more sense.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby resop2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:31 am

I wonder if "AAA" (not Avex's AAA) is a cursed group? All three members graduate from Morning Musume without any other members leaving.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Amped » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am

more like freedom from any curse. Kudo is thriving in her acting career, Ogata Haruna seems to be really happy with her decision. Harunan's future is up to her.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Celedam » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 am

My pointless musing of the day: who will be the next to graduate from Morning Musume?

Fukumura has another 3–4 years before she hits the unofficial limits of 25 years old and/or 10 years in the group, and she seems like the type to go the distance like Michishige did before her. They share that pure love for Morning Musume.

Ishida also seems to genuinely enjoy being an idol, so I can see her staying a few more years.

I can't see Ikuta or Sato staying that long, however. They have strong personal connections with the first two — Ishida is a big sister to Sato, and Fukumura and Ikuta are an old married couple — but that might not be enough to keep them in the daily grind of being an idol. Sato in particular is growing up fast (finally!), and I think her interests are changing.

And then there is a possible dark horse in Oda. She is the utahime and increasingly popular with the fans, so the management wants to keep her as long as possible, but they can't force her to stay and she's too amiable/inscrutable to give any clue about her own plans or desires.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby aerosuffly » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:27 am

^ I think it will be easier to guess when they start experimenting with non Oda-Fukumura-Sato-Ishida lead vocal.

I wonder who will get Iikubo's Young Town spot. They already chose Yokoyan to take Kudo's spot, so it will be kind of weird if they pick any but Chii for Iikubo's spot. I wish they let older H!P member outside of MM to take the spot though, like Yamaki.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby JonCC » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:08 am

What I'm wondering is with the group losing 3 members in the span of a year, is if and when they might add some new members?
They'd still be at 11 with Haruna graduating, which is enough, but it does present them with an opportunity.

There are some promising Trainees, some girls from the ONLY YOU audition might be more suited for Morning Musume,...
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby otaku_blue » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:31 pm

With both Duu, Haachin and now Harunan graduating I'd really like some new really pretty girls to join Morning Musume.

I was reading WotaInTranslation and it seems very unlikely that any new members wouldn't come from kenshuusei and I can understand why.
Spoiler: show
Tsunku♂: There are so many songs at this point… It’s no easy feat for a complete newbie to master all the singles from the past 20 years. I mean, there’s songs in there that were written before some members were even born. That’s why it’s important to give them enough time to practice, to have them properly understand the meaning of the lyrics, and to have them make the songs their own. Some random cute girl scouted out on the street, thinking she’s suddenly in her own Cinderella story and how it’s now her time to be a star — that’s not how it works in this day and age.

I definitely think that with this new Only You audition management are more interested in getting girls to join kenshuusei. With that said, I'm doubtful we're going to get many new additions to the new units besides other kenshuusei ready to debut or other girls with a lot of potential or with experience. I'd totally be fine with them announcing no winners and that they're going to debut more girls from kenshuusei.
Last edited by otaku_blue on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:39 pm

I don't think they'd have dragged things out this far beyond the "we sent out letters to those who passed" business if they didn't have any winners for the new groups, even if it's just one girl (but who knows, maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part). Though I do think the audition will give us some new Kenshuusei too.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby resop2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:58 pm

My unfounded fan theory for the day: Harunan is graduating for exactly the same reason that Haruka did: she auditioned for and won or was offered another job. While I am not sure that Haruna would be a good fit for takusatsu I could see her debuting as a co-host in some new variety show.
resop2
Skeptic

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project