Random Thread ~Usagi-Chan ☮ Tūsurī~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~Usagi-Chan ☮ Tūsurī~

Postby Zunu » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:35 am

We definitely do encounter hiccups from time to time. As far as I know none of them originate from anything broken on the site, but since we're using a budget shared webhost there are a lot of things that can go wrong that are out of our immediate control. Generally they're nowhere near as serious as this one has been. Fortunately I've been running fairly regular backups (lately :roll: ) so if worse comes to worst we can start the process of migrating elsewhere.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby boinsie » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:11 am

Thank you for everything you do, Zunu. :clap:
I was just thinking about it--even if you don't count Jplop's inception as real until 2011 (despite its first usage for a brief stint in 2008), we've been around longer than JPM was.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Zunu » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:35 am

Kochira koso, boinji-san. Of course most of the hard work round here is Amped's, so hats off to him and all the other members, past and present, who have built this little place with their contributions.

Hard to fathom really that H!P has stuck around for that long, and is showing no signs of slowing down. (Wish I could say the same about myself. )
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Zunu » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:54 pm

Moh wrote:[PLACEHOLDER]

Doncha mean "(仮)"? :hehe:
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:53 pm

I managed to slice the tip of my thumb off yesterday morning while cutting a potato. It was a rookie mistake that cost me a piece of my thumb and I’m sad about it.

It wasn’t or I didn’t think it was an emergency. Like the blood wasn’t gushing out of my hand m. But I’m going today to get it checked out to just to make sure the wound care I’m doing is okay. They very well might just send me to the hospital to get stitches if they think it’s above their pay grade, but I hope it doesn’t come to that.

It’s amazing how much I use my thumb and this is only my bone dominant hand. I’d be screwed if it were my right hand for sure.

So here’s my PSA for you all.

When cutting a potato and half of it gets stuck to a knife, pull it off down with blunt side of knife facing you and away, not up with sharp side facing you.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Zunu » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:35 am

On that note it's also a good idea to keep your kitchen knives as sharp as possible so that there's less risk of them getting stuck or glancing off an item in the first place. A friend of mine gashed her finger open once (didn't cut anything off but if I recall correctly she needed a few stitches) and afterwards we went to BBB (RIP) and she picked out a nice sharpening rod that she uses rather obsessively.
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Amped » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:47 am

Ouch.
Last year, I was working a catering job in the kitchen. After the party was over and one drink, I had to wash dishes. It was like 11 at night. I was very tired and wanted to go home. I rushed and grabbed a knife to be washed with a sponge, and I clumsily had the sharp bread knife slip and cut the skin on my left thumb deep into the layer. I mean who sharpens a bread knife this freakin sharp? I said to myself. I didn't think it was deep until saw blood dripping. I rushed to tell them and they helped me try and stop the blood by squeezing it and wrap it with ice and paper towels. I'm a bleeder. It took a long time to stop the bleeding. I didn't need to go to the hospital. My co-worker bandaged it up as much as she could with tape. I had it wrapped for a week in a regular band-aid, and it started to heal on its own but it was really bothersome and gross.

So never grab dishes in the sink submerged in water late at night, especially knives.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:51 am

Did it leave a scar?
Zunu
Pantaloon

Postby Amped » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:06 am

nope, not a scar, but I can slightly see a new layer of skin that healed over it.

Happy Birthday to me! :fear:
Amped
High Priest

Postby TotallyUncool » Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm

Happy Birthday!

I know from experience that if I let my attention slip even a little bit while I'm cutting anything, I'm very capable of hacking up my fingers, thumb, or hand!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project