[3/8] Morning Musume. '17 63rd single - BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby jeiwa42 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:52 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:I wasn't talking specifically about her line in this song, I thought it was fine - recorded. It's just that she slips into this semi-nasal thing now and then that makes it feel like she's trying hard to sound cute (even if she isn't and it's just a bad habit). She did it in most of her audition footage (where it was the most annoying to me). It's gotten a lot better but still seems to pop up once in a while.

Yeah, I agree, her audition footage was hard to listen to lol I only like her voice now that she can make it less nasal, at least in recordings.

I really want Miki to be able to own her solo moments more without being awkward since she's already getting the singing part down well.

~~~

By the way, did anyone else find Sakura's high note, and the deep voice that followed, odd? She sounded really different and I dont know if its just cause I only listened with one earbud on (the other is broken) or if her part was altered/edited or what, but it almost didnt sound like her voice. And that deep voice “Jealousy” part that 13th gen lip synced with, WHY DO THAT, it threw me off so much xD

Kaedi’s dancing is really smooth. I really like how she does that arm swaying movement in the chorus.

I’ve always liked Daaishi’s rapping in b sides and album songs so I’m happy she finally gets to show it off in an a side.

Overall, these two songs are just fantastic and are going to be endlessly replayed, no doubt.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby Rysaria » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:49 am

I'm probably overthinking and stretching it but they couldn't have more perfect coupling when it comes to the switching. I could totally see at least one-sided jealousy/competition from every pair except Miki/Reina.

Kaede/Haruka = Ikemen
Miki/Reina = "What do we call them so we don't confuse them with that talented-as-all-hell past member"
Mizuki/Erina = 9th gen
Ayumi/Oda = lol They'll never stop with this pair
Haachin/Maria = (Arguably) the lookers of 12th gen
Honey/Akane = Oldest + youngest

I've noticed this single and the last one there's this reoccurring theme they're using where the members are completely still, gaze at one spot, and only move to mouth lines if they have them. If it weren't for the fact that the girls are gorgeous no matter what they're doing, it'd be getting a little stale. I like this PV a lot more than I thought I would, mainly because it made me feel better about the rapping, it's the fun that I needed besides that Ayu/Oda swap (Ayu's "you think your singing is so damn great" stare and Oda's cocky "haha you wish you had it" look turning into Ayu's "but I can dance and rap like a mofo, haha!" and Oda's "oh yeah...", I can't get enough of it even though it's just my imagination). Shame that part leads into a line that I love and hate.

If I close my eyes, I like Miki. She does have a really good singing voice if she doesn't remind me that I hate her "english voice"(closest comparison I can make is she sounds like Kermit on helium). Doesn't help that she's rocking the 'low side-turd' hairstyle which I hate on most everyone but especially on her since she's worn it almost every single since she joined. It especially doesn't help me that this long great line (it's not even the pronunciation, I love how she sounds singing 'jealousy' more than --Utahime-- and Mizuki) she records is herp-derped by this odd limp arm and awkward bobbing like a 12-year-old KSS. I can't stand her in general but I'm not above praising what should be praised...but we'll see how she does it live. Her voice is very hit or miss there for me.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby resop2 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:59 am

^
I my probably ridiculous opinion, Miki wears the anime style side ponytail because if she didn't then zero people would know she was in the video since they would think that she was Akane.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby 321BreakinOut » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 am

Yup still my favorite song in this single
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Jessi » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:06 am

This PV is amazing. absolutely love it. I'm super surprised at the criticism... its not a lot, but I would expect much much more love than I'm seeing. I always say a great PV makes me love the song more and this PV is def making me love Jealousy Jealousy more.

Such a strong single. Both A-sides and the B-sides. The only thing that sucks is that there is no Maachan :crying: I hope this sells really well. 13th gen debut single done right!
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Rysaria » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 am

Oh no no, after the hype of BNM died down, I like JJ's video a lot more. BNM was just a showcase but it was an exciting showcase for a hot minute. Still like that song a tad more but JJ's got character, gorgeous shots and "acting". Made me like the song and even the outfits a lot more.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby AyuHikaru » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:45 am

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:I wasn't talking specifically about her line in this song, I thought it was fine - recorded. It's just that she slips into this semi-nasal thing now and then that makes it feel like she's trying hard to sound cute (even if she isn't and it's just a bad habit). She did it in most of her audition footage (where it was the most annoying to me). It's gotten a lot better but still seems to pop up once in a while.

Miki really is this generation's Linlin.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby erin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 am

I wasn't happy when we got the preview of the PV. But, overall, I like the video.
The parts I really don't care for are when they're standing on the black and white checkered floor and pointing at each other. I just feel like its awkward.
| tumblr |
erin
Acolyte

Postby Chibs » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:08 am

AyuHikaru wrote:

Miki really is this generation's Linlin.

And Ogata is this generation's Junjun xD
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project