[3/8] Morning Musume. '17 63rd single - BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby Chibs » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:17 pm

^^Maachan isn't a sociopath, she does have her unique way of interacting with the world, which is not the same as Kamei's but is unique like Kamei's. She is a bit jealous of girls fawning over Duu, because she is afraid that Duu will leave her. Maachan has shown empathy for her juniors, she took in Oda when Oda was lonely. She tried teaching the 12th, although I think they had a hard time understanding her. Both girls don't like blogging and exude the same type of charisma on stage. I think the behavior you're thinking of is probably Reina's influence on her. Fukuchan is more of a calming sort of person, I would think she would be more similar to a Konkon or even a nice version of Yuuko.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:59 pm

Celedam wrote:
Jessi wrote:Also regarding Yokoyan, does anyone else see her channeling Eri? And I don't just mean because of that picture posted a few days ago.

Not really. Sure, they look similar, but that's all. To me, she seems less eccentric and more self-aware than Kame ever was. She's sweet and eager to please, which are fine qualities to have in a newbie, but I don't see her ever behaving like this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qBoREFhVf0

If anyone, it's Fukuchan who seems to be channeling Kame.

To be fair, this was during Rival Survival when she had grown into herself more and became more confident, back in 2003 when she first started she was rather shy and sort of hung out in the back. Yeah she had slight hints of it (When Morning Musume was split into to group she got confused about Otome-Gumi and thought they had kicked her out). It wasn't till 2004 when they forced her to interact as Eric Kamezou where she started really showing herself and I'd even argue it took a while for her to really shine in that role. When Eri started she was just an awkward kid who was a backgirl to ace Reina. It's wayyyy too soon to tell is Yokoyama will channel Eri in personality so it's not really what people mean when they say she's channeling her aura. People ARE watching her close though because of that Eri connection. And she has her foot in the door of popularity because of it.

What she does with it is still a mystery.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby forgetmenots » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Celedam wrote:Respectfully I disagree right back. Maachan isn't eccentric, she's full-blown sociopathic. Rules don't apply to her, and other people exist only to give her attention. If they don't, they become her enemies. She's massively ADHD, she shows very little empathy toward others, and she can barely even look most people in the eye. She should have outgrown such behavior by now, but she hasn't, and the only reason she gets away with it — in fact, gets paid for it — is because she's a cute girl with some talent. The same behavior in almost anyone else of the same age (17!) would get them arrested and/or committed.

Like, I know I'm a huge Masaki fan so my opinion might not matter, but this is a bit excessive of a statement is it not? Do you think that UF* would continue to employee someone who meets such statements no matter how talented or cute they might be? Having done quite a few handshakes with her by this point, and a sign-kai as well, that's not at all how she has come off to me. We hear a lot about her most eccentric of times, because those are the interesting bits, that's not her all the time, especially now that she's older. The sign-kai for example she held a conversation with me, looked me in the eye, smiled, tried really hard to write a message to me in English and then even gave me a compliment. Many of the other girls in MM have also seemed genuinely fond of Masaki, and considering Reina and Riho, two girls who were notoriously not friend-making people, were some of those girls, I don't think the girl you're describing there could have befriended them.

She's not serious when she talks about "enemies". I've never seen her seriously act like she dislikes anyone. She does tend to see rivals in other girls, but that's only because she wants to improve herself. Improving herself is something she's always strived to do. Every time a girl has graduated from MM, she has thought hard about what that girl did to make MM great, and she has tried so hard to take on those elements so that MM can stay strong, she doesn't do it for herself even but for the group. And that's the whole reason that she's increased in popularity among Japanese wota. When she had that interview about talking what Sayumi did for MM and how she wants to try and continue Sayumi's legacy, THAT'S what the japanese wota in Osaka at least were talking about around the time her fans sharply increased, nothing to do with her talent, or how cute she is, it was all about how she had matured.

And your final statement is just ridiculous. What do you think she does? Steal things? Do drugs? Emotionally abuse people to the point that they feel like their worthless and should kill themselves? See things that aren't there? Murder people? What equates to her needing to be arrested or committed to you? Maybe you're just having a joke, or exaggerating things for effect, or maybe you just strongly dislike her, but the words and statements you're using are a bit strong. I try not to start arguments or anything (confrontation is not my strong suit), but if I had read that statement about almost ANYONE I'd have felt a huge reaction. Maybe I'm just falling for pure trolling, but come on :/

As for the Eri debate. The Eri-like thing about Maachan is how "My Pace" she can be and then the weird conversations she has. Eri's quirkiness was what attracted me to her, and is the same reason why Masaki started to get my attention. I see Yokoyama's Eri-ness as well, but it's a different kind. She's got Eri's spaciness and does look similar. Mizuki-wise, it's the way she carries herself when performing (she's too reserved really for me to see quirkiness at an Eri level, but there IS something about the way they both carry themselves on stage, especially now). So really all three of them channel Eri in different ways. :smile:
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby AyuHikaru » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:59 pm

The two times I've interacted with Masaki (2014 in New York and 2016 in Houston) she's been a treasure. During the handshake session in New York when they were taking a break, she was the only one who still interacted with the fans. She made everyone do a Maachan call and then went "I LOVE YOU!" and that made the crowd go wild so the other girls started joining in. In 2016, she was one of the girls who interacted most with fans (Maria took the number one spot though, hooboy did she make a lot of fans in Houston). My friend Vanessa's oshi is Maachan and Maachan was quick to wave to her and let her know she SAW HER a lot (Since She carried around Maachans towel and wore Maachan Tshirts the entire con) and Maachan seemed really genuinely happy to see a fan of hers. She always tried to start a convo too, in New York and in Houston, she tried to say something to everyone.

HOWEVER, I don't think she's like Eri - she's too much of an extrovert to be like Eri. Back in 2009 when I met Eri she was SO SWEET for real (I talked to her the longest out of all the girls) but she was DEFINITELY overwhelmed by the fans. If someone said they were a fan, she's blush and didn't really know what to do (Which was very cute, the guy in front of my group tried SO HARD to make an impact with her and she just got embarrassed lmao) while Maachan ate that up. Eri was talking to me like a pretty normal person till I pointed out that she was Roy's favorite and she got all shy again. lol. Also not really like Mizuki, MIZUKI is a fabulous person to handshake/autograph with - definitely one of my favorites of the current era. Since she's also a fangirl of H!P she loves seeing fanmade things, Tshirts, ANYTHING oshi related even if it's not her. The girl would not stop talking about my heart glowstick that said "Honey" she loved it too much lmao.

Masaki is more... the baby of Aibon and Tsuji. She's very much like both of them in different ways. Both of them started off as bratty kids and grew up to consider what they were contributing to Morning Musume, but both of them breathed much needed youthful energy into Morning Musume which Maachan also did in SPADES.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Zunu » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:43 pm

Masaaki isn't a sociopath for at least the simple reason that she's too young. Sociopathy is a disorder of adulthood; it's not something that gets diagnosed in someone who's still developing and may "grow out of" antisocial traits. Not that I agree she even has a pattern of the kind of cruel, remorseless behavior that distinguishes sociopathy. Being irritating and spoiled (or alternatively, adorably tsundere and wagamama) doesn't mean you're a developing sociopath. Blurting out thoughtless stuff isn't generally sociopathic. It's when you follow that stuff up with destructive behavior toward others and feel entirely justified. Also, not looking people in the eye isn't indicative of antisocial personality disorder. I knew someone in real life who was a full-on sociopath. He had no problem looking people in the eye. To the extent that it enabled him to dominate others, he reveled in it.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Chibs » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:40 am

^^i'm feeling a bit jealousy jealousy that you got to interact with Eri
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Amped » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:07 am

Upcoming #57

Morning Musume. '17 - Jealously Jealousy MV filming behind the scenes
https://youtu.be/eIb2aEL1D0o?t=3m34s

Morning Musume. '17 - BRAND NEW MORNING recordings continued (vocals) - Eripon, Harunan, Kudo, Maria
https://youtu.be/eIb2aEL1D0o?t=31m35s

Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:16 am

TV Promotion

Morning Musume. '17 is performing on Buzz Rhythm, airs 3/10
http://www.ntv.co.jp/buzzrhythm/#next_artist
Amped
High Priest

Postby Rysaria » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:48 am

k so Harunan trying to sound strong/badass is the cutest thing I've ever seen possibly in my entire life.
Kitagawa RioKawana RinArisawa IchikaYagi ShioriSatoyoshi UtanoSaito Madoka
Rysaria
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: KitagawaRio/YagiShiori

Postby Amped » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Morning Musume. '17 will be guests on next week's Mu-jack and this is the preview

Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project