[3/8] Morning Musume. '17 63rd single - BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby Amped » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:00 pm

Jealousy Jealousy
Amped
High Priest

Re: [3/8] Morning Musume. '17 : BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm

When they said this was Miki-centric they weren't kidding - she's all over this.

I LOVE this song. Whoever wrote the rap did a good job. It's just such a neat mix of Jazz, Hip Hop, and Pop.

EDIT: I love this shot of Harunan and Maria. Like the mean popular girls in the corner. Better than u.

AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:44 pm

love it! love this single. :D
Jealousy Jealousy is so unique and fun.

also I keep forgetting that they have the Miso tie-in, so that's probably why the single was sort of rushed out I guess?
that's probably why they were not as in-sync as they usually are too. they were kinda off in the last part of the PV.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:47 pm

According to the comments on the Youtube, the wota are really liking Miki's push. I have the wonder what the Western fanbase is going to think.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby RpgN » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:00 pm

This is my first time hearing the song in full and I really like it. I just find the rap outfits, being colourful and of particular style, not fitting the tone of the rest of the video being elegant and black & white.
RpgN
Acolyte

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Minus the collab song and one of the covers, I'm totally in love with this single. I want performances ASAP to satisfy my curiosity about the dances for both songs. I want to see the transitions and the rest of the bridge in "BRAND NEW MORNING" and I want to know if the pointing in "Jealousy" is something they'll be doing on stage. I also hope they get to perform in the rap costumes at least once.

AyuHikaru: I still find Miki a little awkward sometimes, both visually and with her singing. I like her rap parts in this single though. I think if she's able to consistently pull off her parts for these songs in performances (meaning no looking uncomfortable or falling into singing entirely through her nose) I'll start to see her more positively instead of not feeling strongly any which way.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:12 pm

I like the MV -- and the song keeps running through my head, after listening to it just once or twice!
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Sohee » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:37 pm

The song is great. Though I wish the rap was cut shorter and the end wasn't so repetitive. I also wish the rap wasn't "HEY EVERYONE IN THE GROUP LET'S BE HERE" but that there actually was a rap team, instead.
Sakura and Ayumi owns this though.
ugh nonaka go away
The dance is kinda weird and the pointing scenes are even weirder.

But on the whole the song is nice. I like that 13ki got to be center visually since they lacked lines that stood out.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:00 pm

Leave Miki alone, she is a treasure.

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:
AyuHikaru: I still find Miki a little awkward sometimes, both visually and with her singing. I like her rap parts in this single though. I think if she's able to consistently pull off her parts for these songs in performances (meaning no looking uncomfortable or falling into singing entirely through her nose) I'll start to see her more positively instead of not feeling strongly any which way.

While I disagree about her line (I thought she sounded fine, I'm still convinced they picked her because she can sound like Maachan) her long solo shot was so so awkward. She was doing that tell tale twitchy movement that new girls get (See: Yokoyama's first solo line in BNM, Maria in everything up till recently) when they don't know what to do with themselves. You can kiiinnddaaa tell she's uncomfortable getting that much spotlight and has no idea what she's doing. If they choose to bump her from Mid-tier to main singer it'll get better, but she was really out of her comfort zone here (It doesn't help that she's kind of an awkward girl to begin with).
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:10 pm

I wasn't talking specifically about her line in this song, I thought it was fine - recorded. It's just that she slips into this semi-nasal thing now and then that makes it feel like she's trying hard to sound cute (even if she isn't and it's just a bad habit). She did it in most of her audition footage (where it was the most annoying to me). It's gotten a lot better but still seems to pop up once in a while.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project