[2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "untitled"

Postby Moh » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:25 am

I'm guessing forgetmenots is referring to 321's post further up the first page?
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Jessi » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:47 am

Of course Tsubaki has fans... its more of how many and how many can be considered "dedicated" that's up for debate.

This is not the same as when Country Girls and Kobushi factory debuted. When they debuted they were not only very solid as groups, but:

Country Girls debuted with Uta Mania. There was a lot of excitement around her and the single she was a part of. They have a history as being the legacy of Country Musume and the excitement that comes from reviving an old group. They had Momoko and her fan base and this was after berryz disbandment after all.

Kobushi factory has all of the most popular and most debut-ready Kenshuusei. They were the first new Kenshuusei group since Juice=Juice and quite some time had passed since then. Berryz had just disbanded and Kobushi Factory had somewhat inherited their legacy just by right of having the word "factory" in their name. At minimum, the sentiment was there.

For Tsubaki, they have appeared to be struggling since they were created and to be honest the excitement isn't there. Not to the same degree as when Kobushi and CG debuted. They were the weaker less practiced KSS, some even having been just added that year. They still are working on their energy and stage presence. At least prior to the new girls being added, they even lacked some cohesion. Sometimes I even love the songs, but don't feel like they are selling it. Like if management is trying to force onto them a theme that doesn't quite suit them (which isn't even their fault) And yes they have improved. And yes I look forward to seeing the new girls and how they change the atmosphere of the group. And yes I will remain open until hearing the new singles and seeing the PVs. Because we may be surprised and we may end up becoming excited, but as they are now and based on my (and many others) lackluster feelings from the previous singles, I'm just not convinced they are going to have a breakout single that reaches upwards of 50 40 or even 30 k. (And especially now with oricon changing how they do things...)

I really do love the girls in the group. I am a big fan of KSS and have followed many of the girls since they joined. And of course I'm rooting for them to do well. But realistically speaking, unless the single is surprisingly a shift from the way things have been going for them, and say the new girls bring in with them a new energy and perhaps musical style that blows us all away, I don't think they will sell well off the bat.

I do think though, that the fact that we have some distance now from the debuts of CG and Kobushi, will work in their favor. I think a new group debut is more exciting when we haven't had any in a while. Tsubaki in general has suffered from poor timing. Had they been announced after say C-ute's disbandment it may have been different, rather than them being announced after Kobushi with half of Kobushi's name (probably not the best idea either) only to look like a weaker struggling version of the former.

Of course this is all just my opinion and my observation. You can disagree with me and I can be wrong.
Last edited by Jessi on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Denki » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:05 am

See, that kind of response i can agree with. Because, regardless of being a Tsubaki can or not, poor choices after another is the real reason there was a lack of hype... (At least, which constant announcements each month might grab someone's attention.)

But yeah, 321's reply back then really pissed me off. :fear: I only complained about pre-orders being up a month too early and y'all already try to throw shade. I just want them to do the best they can.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Yeah, I had been avoiding this thread until more information, so I'd just read it. Didn't realize it was from like a month ago, sorry.

Sure, Tsubaki isn't hyped up like CG and Kobushi was, but I've bought all their Indie stuff and I'm waiting to see if they go special event pre-orders/boxset with their debut single before buying something, because I'm hoping I'll be able to go to an event for the girls. I've been really into Tsubaki, and I don't think I'm the only one. Tsubaki represent my favourite part of following H!P: underdogs and their journey. I guess I just want to say: Hey! Me! I'm a dedicated fan D:!!!

And I hope that H!P will do right by their debut. I hope that they promote them a lot, highlight their strengths and give them strong songs to start with.

The biggest regret/mistake with Tsubaki is hands down what Jessi mentioned: They should have been announced with C-ute's disbandment. I think that the general wota would have been really hyped up for it and super supportive no matter how weak some of the girls had been during their first performance.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:14 am

Promotion event

Tsubaki Factory Major Debut Single Mini Live & Handshake events at Aeon Mall Tsuchiura, Ibaraki pref. 12/10
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 06ac907f45
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:31 pm

at today's FC event, Tsubaki Factory performed a new song called "JUST TRY!" from their major debut single. Song has an EDM feel. Akiyama Mao is the center.

also announced, Tsubaki Factory to have an event in Tokyo (1/29) and Osaka (2/5)
Amped
High Priest

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "JUST TRY! / tba / tba"

Postby Amped » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:45 pm

Just Try! confirmed
http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7274/

fan report: a fan at the handshake event asked Ogata Risa who wrote the song. She said Tsunku did.
Amped
High Priest

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "JUST TRY! / tba / tba"

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:51 pm

Tsunku! ;_;

I like to fan-theorize that Tsunku is really feeling for Tsubaki as the underdog group right now. Especially considering he has now written at least two songs just for Tsubaki Factory at this point and he hasn't written even one for Kobushi or Country Girls who are the groups that made Tsubaki the underdogs.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Just Try! / tba / tba"

Postby SaebaRyo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:24 am

SaebaRyo

Re: [2/22] Tsubaki Factory 1st Major Single "Just Try! / tba / tba"

Postby Amped » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:26 am

This song is all over the place and weird. Parts of it sound like Berryz Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni. I like it though.
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project