[5/11] Morning Musume。'16 61st single (Utakata Saturday Night! / The Vision / Tokyo to iu Katasumi) [Kanon's last]

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [5/11] Morning Musume。'16 61st single [Utakata Saturday Night! / The Vision / Tokyo to iu Katasumi] (Kanon's last)

Postby Jessi » Wed May 04, 2016 7:48 pm

forgetmenots wrote:I've seen the Berryz comment a few times floating around the internet. But wouldn't you say that Berryz had a very Golden Era MM feel? Though for me, since I only knew Berryz for their last few years, this doesn't feel Berryz to me at all, there's a DJ thing, but the girls really aren't even trying to "be cool" here.

I love this song and video to death, but I can't see Riho singing it at all. Fun, silly songs just weren't her style if I felt she had any certain kind of style. Of the main singers both Masaki and Ayumi really fit this type of song and the others can all pull it off, so I'm hoping that it might be a direction change for post-Riho MM. I could spend a year or two with MM doing happy, silly stuff again.

EDIT: Utakata now has passed The Vision's viewcount. It also has over 9,000 likes already, which is more than many of the music videos since they became '14. If it passes 10,000, they'll have more likes on this video than on almost all of their videos since the name tweak.

I don't think this is much of a berryz song at all.

What I think people are feeling is the similarity of this PV with the PV of Dakishimete Dakishimete and Asian Celebration.

It just feels like there should be more of a correlation because of the similarities between the concepts.

More or less I feel like Kobushi has been very much living up to the status of being Berryz successors. Their last single was like a direct play out of the Berryz handbook.

This song is more of a Golden Era Morning Musume song than anything that has come out of H!P in a while. Its very love machine, but also reminds me a bit of the Peace for some reason. I literally feel like this song would have blown up if it was 2003. (which is kind of when things started to shift)

I agree completely, however, that this song is definately NOT a Riho song. For whatever reason, Riho had a very platinum Era type image and I think Tsunku wrote Platinum Era type songs for Riho. (She is like a mix of Aichan and Reina) Every solo or duo as far back as 12 Smart that Riho has been in has had that feel. And I think thats why after Sayu graduated (and with her graduation, the EDM vibe that was tailored to her vocals went with it) Morning Musume shifted towards more Platinum Era type songs (Yuugure and Tsumetai Kaze ESPECIALLY).

I'm equally excited now that Riho has left to see things shift again. I'm not sure its been decided quite what direction that will be. But if this fun happy single with the golden era sound does well, I can see more of this in the future. Originally, I was not a fan of Utakata. The more Tokyo to Iu Katasumi type songs have always been my preference. I LOVED the EDM Sayu dominated Musume era. And have been frustrated with MM since Sayu left and the platinum stuff came back. However, I have not stopped listening to Utakata since the PV came out. And those of you who know me, may know how important I think a good PV is. This is why. The PV has made me fall in love with this song. To top it off. I'm excited that this sound might be starting to generate more interest in the group. If it increases Morning Musume's popularity i'm all for shifting in this direction. Plus I love the Golden Era so I don't know why I was complaining so much. I think I was worried that Morning Musume might lose popularity if it tries being fun again, but perhaps H!P has found the right recipe? Who knows. I guess we wont know until the song goes on sale and we see how it does on the chart.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Re: [5/11] Morning Musume。'16 61st single [Utakata Saturday Night! / The Vision / Tokyo to iu Katasumi] (Kanon's last)

Postby otaku_blue » Wed May 04, 2016 8:16 pm

Utakatta Saturday Night has already surpassed The Vision's in just 2 days. The vision was released on the 25th. :clap:

Come on UFP! Promote this song more and we'll have a hit on our hands!!
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Wed May 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Jessi wrote:

What I think people are feeling is the similarity of this PV with the PV of Dakishimete Dakishimete and Asian Celebration.

...and Loving You Too Much and Dschinghis Khan and a ton of other PVs where Berryz have a festive atmosphere. A breezily singable, danceable song that doesn't take itself seriously, which is what Berryz excelled at. That's why I consider it similar to Berryz.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed May 04, 2016 10:13 pm

*cough* cha cha sing *cough*
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Jessi » Wed May 04, 2016 10:48 pm

Zunu wrote:
Jessi wrote:

...and Loving You Too Much and Dschinghis Khan and a ton of other PVs where Berryz have a festive atmosphere. A breezily singable, danceable song that doesn't take itself seriously, which is what Berryz excelled at. That's why I consider it similar to Berryz.

But hasn't every group had a festive song? Including Morning Musume themselves? I'm reminded alot of Smileagerme's Yattaruchan and Gashin Shoutan. Plus several C-ute song's come to mind and I seriously don't think "Danceble" and "Festive" belong to a specific group.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby resop2 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:07 am

CaptainBerryzGiraffe wrote:*cough* cha cha sing *cough*

What about Shining Power?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Starra » Thu May 05, 2016 12:24 am

I didn't feel like Utakata was similar to Berryz at all. I don't think it's as singalong-able as the Berryz songs listed (especially with the whispering and Zukki's spoken bits), and music-wise I couldn't really see Berryz singing it. If anything I could kinda imagine Juice=Juice doing this kind of song but that's about it, personally.

Zunu wrote:...and Loving You Too Much and Dschinghis Khan and a ton of other PVs where Berryz have a festive atmosphere. A breezily singable, danceable song that doesn't take itself seriously, which is what Berryz excelled at. That's why I consider it similar to Berryz.

Those are cover songs though, I don't feel like you can really compare them personally. No, not even the MVs, since those are, after all, based on the songs. The song creates the atmosphere and then the PV builds on it, imo. Sure, Tsunku tweaked Dschinghis Khan, LYTM and cha cha SING, but most of the atmosphere was already there. Or at least enough of it was. If that makes sense.

That aside, I love Utakata. I love that they're trying something new (in a way). It's fun, easy to get into (no, that's no a contradiction, I swear!) and gives off really good vibes. It'll be fun to see it in concerts and I'm interested to see who'll they'll give Zukki's parts to.

I just hope the song itself isn't an example of utakata at work :fear: .
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Zunu » Thu May 05, 2016 1:27 am

Jessi wrote:But hasn't every group had a festive song? Including Morning Musume themselves? I'm reminded alot of Smileagerme's Yattaruchan and Gashin Shoutan. Plus several C-ute song's come to mind and I seriously don't think "Danceble" and "Festive" belong to a specific group.

Sure other H!P groups have had festive songs but in my personal opinion Berryz have done it better and more consistently than the others. As far as Utakata Sat A Day Nigh goes, I'm not trying to convince anybody else that it's a Berryz type song. I'm just saying why I think it comes off as a Berryz type song to me. If some of y'all don't see it that way, it's fine, we don't all have to have the same opinion about stuff.

Starra wrote:Those are cover songs though

Now that you mention it, USN has a cover song vibe to it. :sly:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Amped » Thu May 05, 2016 2:13 am

radio promotion

Sana-Miyoshi Upstage 5/1/16 - Kanon, Maria, Akane promo comment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgWR-KU6dyM

bayfm78 The BAY☆LINE 5/2/16 - guest Makino Maria
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQoKs4FIdOA
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Thu May 05, 2016 11:26 am

promotion

Morning Musume. '16 video message on the new vision screen at Ikebukuro Sunshine city fountain square

some Japanese fans have some guesses as to why they chose 58 seconds in the Utakata Saturday Night! MV.

1. 58 backwards is 8/5. August 5th is Kanon's birthday
2. Kanon's graduation 5/31 at 18:00. somehow they got 5 and 8 out of it.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project