Morning Musume. '17 13th Generation : Kaga Kaede & Yokoyama Reina

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th generation new member audition!

Postby Jessi » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:23 am

It seems most people want someone who is dance or vocal school trained or a KSS.

Ruru is both so I vote Ruru :mikihead:
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:03 am

She has the Sakura problem though where some people think she's ugly.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Chibs » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:46 am

who?
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Zunu » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:41 pm

There have always been girls in MM that "some people" thought were ugly, at least since Keichan, if not before. So it doesn't seem right to me to categorize that as a "Sakura problem" as if she was the first, last, or most egregious example. It does seem to be more of an issue with single member or quasi-single member generations. Koharu when she first came on board, quasi-single Aika, and Sakura all had the "problem" that they disappointed over-scrutinizing fans who were expecting a Goto-like superstar right out of the gate. To me that seems more of a problem with unrealistic expectations placed on single girls than with the girls themselves. Or to put it another way, if Sakura and Aika had been amazingly, charismatically confident, precociously mature singers, dancers and personalities, I wager the issue of supposed defects in how they looked would've been a non-issue.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:56 pm

yeah, Sakura was definitely a late bloomer.
I still cringe at how horrible her make-up was in that photo they used to announce her with.

For me Ruru needs to debut in a group like J=J, the girl's a singer she needs to be in a group where she won't feel the need to leave after a few years to pursue her talent elsewhere. :/ :crying:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Jessi » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Ruru is also a dancer just as much as she is a singer. Also you know what I say to people who complain about the girls looks? :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: Yeah Sakura's first profile pic didn't do her any favors but make up is a wonderful thing and we all know that the girls are going to blossom and transform during their time in the group. I personally think Sakura is beautiful. She also has a sweet personality and is really talented and personality and talent are more important anyway.

Also I agree that Ruru needs a group that will allow her to shine, but it's because Riho is leaving that I think MM could potentially fit her now. I always felt Riho was the reason she couldn't join the group. Two girls of the same caliber from the same dance school in Hiroshima? Of course I won't get too upset if they don't add her.

Oh and another thing I was thinking about a few days ago. Out of all the groups I feel like Morning Musume isn't about aces, it's more about a group of imperfect girls with different strengths and weaknesses with the odd Maki or Riho thrown in their to be the face. It's really their thing.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:35 pm

^ I dunno where you're getting that the group was never about aces, Morning Musume has pretty much lived and died by it's front girls.

*Before I say this I wanna state for the record I never thought Ruru and Sakura were ugly*

Semantics on who as called ugly first or not, the point still remains Ruru is a source of contention about part of the fandom that believes Talent should overshadow everything and the other part that believes an idol's only job is to be beautiful. We kind of forget the Idol business is shallow by nature - it's more about appearances than most of us would like to admit to, and even though Sakura, Kei, and Aika got into the group - none of the them were faces of the group. Should Ruru become a FACE of the group it would cause quite a stir. Even I have to admit the faces of Morning Musume have been VERY conventionally beautiful.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Amped » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:12 am

Amped wrote:Shinseiki (New Century) audition
・歌やダンスが大好き (someone who loves to sing and dance)
・自分の未来を信じて突き進みたい (someone who believes in their future)
・自分の可能性を試してみたい (someone who wants to test out their potential)
・新しい自分を見つけ出したい (someone who wants to find their new self)
そして
・誰よりモーニング娘 が大好きな女の子を募集します。(applicants who loves Morning Musume. more than anyone)
参加方法は、PC・スマホ・郵送の中からご応募ください。
皆様方のたくさんの応募をお待ちしています。
http://www.helloproject.com/news/4083/

Morning Musume. '16 Shinseiki audition site is now open
http://musume-audition.com/

theme :
Shinseiki = Atarashii Jidai (New Century = New Era)

Applications starting 1/7/16, ends 2/14/16
Amped
High Priest

Postby Pavlova » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:10 am

boinsie wrote:And don't forget that the FIRST time they tried that it it was the Unlucky 7 audition. :wacko:

We've had another case of Unlucky 7, remember? The first time there was a 12th gen audition.
Pavlova
Minion

Favorite Idol: Shimizu Saki

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:58 am

Jessi wrote:Yeah Sakura's first profile pic didn't do her any favors but make up is a wonderful thing and we all know that the girls are going to blossom and transform during their time in the group. I personally think Sakura is beautiful. She also has a sweet personality and is really talented and personality and talent are more important anyway.

when did I disagree? all I said was her make-up was bad. :roll:

I wouldn't know how good of a dancer Ruru is since 12th gen auditions, but my impression of her dancing from that time wasn't that great. So I'll keep to my opinion that she has a greater impact as a singer than a dancer. She'd also be competing with Sakura and I can only imagine that playing out a bit awkward figuring out whos the better singer (Ruru).
otaku_blue
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project