Morning Musume. '17 13th Generation : Kaga Kaede & Yokoyama Reina

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th Generation Auditions Restart : 13th gen chosen from H!P Kenshuusei

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:45 pm

With Momoko leaving Country Girls I'm sure Momohime or another girl would fit right in there perfectly as opposed to Musume. I understand what Celedam is saying . Remember how awkward it was for Yurina standing out in the dance shots for Bettyz videos? Monohime would stick out for all the wrong reasons. Still wouldn't mind her in the group though! Love her charisma
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Re: Morning Musume. '16 13th Generation Auditions Restart : 13th gen chosen from H!P Kenshuusei

Postby AyuHikaru » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:33 pm

I get it, I just don't think they care. Niigaki, Koharu, Zukki, Aika, and YES Kudo all looked ssuuuppperr young when they first got in. Aika looked way too young to be doing Egao Yes Nude and that was her debut song and go watch Irropoi Jirettai for Koharu because she looks way too young there.

I'm not really sure where anyone is getting Kudo looked older, she looked like an 11 year old to me.

EDIT: I'm not really arguing in favor of Momohime getting in either, I just think any of the young looking ones have a shot because UFA just does not care.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Celedam » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:13 am

You're focusing on their faces. All idols look young in their faces; it's pretty much part of the job description. But I'm talking about their entire bodies.

Right now, Momohime is much smaller and more physically immature than any previous member of MM was when they joined. Most if not all of them had at least started puberty, and you're fooling yourself if you think the management doesn't look for that. Especially after how the Kids turned out so unevenly. Haruka was 11 going on 12, and she looked 11 going on 12. Momohime is 11 going on 12, and she looks 11 going on 9. Next to the current members, she would look like a kindergartener, and that's simply too weird for many of us. Given MM's image — their dances, their costumes, their lyrics — it would go right past lolicon into genuine pedophilia.

Sure, I believe in giving every KSS a chance, and I agree that she's very talented, but let's be realistic here. She doesn't have to join right now, no matter how talented she is. Give her a couple years to grow up first.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:28 am

Harunan wrote:The Morning Musume。’16 Shinseiki Auditions that we started accepting applications for in January

This time, unfortunately there wasn’t any qualified people from the general applications.

But!

They’ve decided on entries from the Hello!Pro Traineesーーーー!

Finally, 13ki members ( ^ω^ )!

The members greeted everyone. (Morning Musume. '16 meeting with the media)

I feel our form as Morning Musume。’16 since becoming 11 people has firmly built up.

And so from here we’re perfectly prepared for taking them in!!

It’s WakuWaku exciting(*^^*)

Who’s joining us… the announcement is!!

12/12 the Tour Finale

It’ll be debuted at Nippon Budokan!!!!

Everyone, please wait for it in anticipation!

And now that the 13ki members joining us has been decided on, it’ll be the first and last single with just the 11 of us coming out.

Wewewell!

Today, was daily 1st place ( ; ; )♡

Thank you so much!

But, we’re aiming for weekly 1st place!!!!

Your warm support, please give it to us(*^^*)!!

http://nantonaku.mittsi.net/?p=65562

Mizuki wrote:Konban po(*´∀`*)ノn

At last today‼︎ Morning Musume。’16’s
62nd New Single
「Sexy Cat no Enzetsu/MUKIDASHI de Mukiatte/Soujanai」
is releasedーーーーー

The first new song release in about 6 months!
Did everyone get to listen to itー?

And… we had a small great joyout moment on the bullet train home…

It’s Daily 1st place!
✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。

It makes me happy
Thank you so much

Everyone always giving us support
Really thank you so much♡

Even saying that, there’s still more from here though…

This 11 member group, it’s our first and last single

I want lots of you to listen to it a lot even more so
I want our 11 voices to come through
I’m doing work with these feelings in it

Today was concerts at Osaka Orix Theater

There it was reported but
「Morning Musume。’16 Shinseiki Auditions」

Everyone who applied, thank you so much

The members were looking forward to it too but, this time it turned out that there were no successful applicants from the general public. I’m looking forward to another chance for their to be open auditions again so when that time comes we’ll be waiting for applications

And from here too please support Morning Musume。

Of the people who went and applied again, this time the 13ki members will be, just from the Hello!Pro Trainees and will be announced at the 12/12 Tour Final at Nippon Budokan.
Everyone please wait for a little while kay

And, don’t miss out on the once again renewing Morning Musume。 kay

http://nantonaku.mittsi.net/?p=65566
Amped
High Priest

Postby Zunu » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:57 am

I think that the notion of what's "age appropriate" and "way too young" doesn't map identically across cultures. My impression is that in Japan, the idea of a young girl being play-flirtatious is less controversial than in say, the USA. I may have mentioned this before but several years back I went to see a Japanese play that was being shown in the US with cue card subtitles. One of the characters was young girl (played by an actual young girl maybe around 8 years old) who kept telling her old-man neighbor that they should be married, and he called her his "little girlfriend" or something similar. IN JAPANESE. There was nothing actually inappropriate going on, they were just innocently using terms of endearment and nothing else. But, meanwhile the English cue card subtitles were saying something entirely different, like e.g. "little sister" in place of "girlfriend." After the show the person I was with confirmed that I did not misunderstand, that the translation deliberately obscured the innuendo from the true dialog, which was entirely uncontroversial to her as a Japanese person. I even think the literal word-for-word translation would've been more misleading by making American audiences assume there was a pedo undertone, and the "wrong" translation was in fact more accurate in capturing the tone of the scene.

Therefore I think that from a typical Japanese perspective, there may not be much of an issue with Momohime performing the full MM repertoire including the "sexy" songs.

Having said that, personally I'm pretty indifferent; I had to google Momohime to even remember what she looked like. I'm just saying that Japan might see the maturity issue differently, and not have a problem as far as that goes. If anything, I'm more against someone that young(-looking) because I think it'll throw off the balance of the group. The way it's worked for the past few generations is that the newbies settle in the back. Then eventually they start to improve, come out of their shells, and become integral parts of the group. I like that arrangement, there's a continuity to it. It gives the slow to mature ones some time to settle and blossom. But someone like Kiyono will stand out and hog the spotlight simply because of her extremely youthful appearance. She'll be on display at the talk shows with the oneesans shouting "kawaii" from the audience, burning up all the oxygen, and that's not how MM rolls. It's like yeah Gocchin was awesome and all, but Maki's overshadowing of the rest of the group arguably contributed to the bust of the 00's because the rest of them got lax. Dunno, maybe if they added two Momohime-types it would lower the pressure of just that one aberration. I mean Suzuka's backed up by Yui AND Moa for a reason.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Shoujo Q » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:17 am

One good thing about getting kenshuusei is that we get to see the surprise play out later on Hello Station. I think seeing the kenshuusei find out they made it is the most emotional moment I've seen. It really pulls at your heart strings. It's nice to see regular off the street girls getting in, but it doesn't hold a candle to girls you've seen grown over time. Especially the older girls, all that hard work they put in. It's a nice feeling.

After this crap stain of a year, I could really use a little heartwarming end cap so UF better add an older girl!
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Jessi » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:28 am

Yeah I think we basically have two different arguments and are talking past each other:

1) that people personally feel Momohime is too physically young

2) that UFA and H!P wouldn't care how young Momohime looks

I think Zunu hit it on the head. It's a huge cultural difference between the West and Japan.

Neither side is wrong here.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby resop2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:41 am

Since this is KSS only now, do people think that various members of the KSS have a "look" that would fit in best with a specific group (MM, ANGERME, Country Girls, Kobushi Factory, Tsubaki Factory)?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby iroiro » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:25 am

Welp, whoever gets in gets in, in the end. I remember when a lot of people thought that Karin was a shoe-in for MM, and also Rikako, but obviously that never happened haha.

And I say that I don't want Momohime in, but I'm sure that if she DID get in I would eventually get used to her. When Aika won her audition I absolutely hated her, but eventually she became one of my favorite members. Anything can happen!
iroiro
Initiate

Postby 321BreakinOut » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:01 am

Hated ? Dang :/
321BreakinOut
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project