[12/29] Morning Musume。'15 60th single [Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi/ENDLESS SKY/One and Only] ORICON WEEKLY #1

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Your favorite A-side?

Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi
56%
ENDLESS SKY
21%
One and Only
23%

Total votes : 52

Re: [12/29] Morning Musume。'15 60th single (Sayashi's last) - ENDLESS SKY / One and Only / Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Sohee wrote:Yeeeah... or maybe it's just the fact that every graduating girl ever won't get a solo. It never worked that way before and there's nor reason to why it suddenly would. Like I mentioned before, Ai, Risa, Reina and Sayumi were all in the group for 10 years and got solo singles. -- Hell, Sayu's was the only one to be an A-side.
Riho graduating is in no way the same thing.

Doesn't mean I ignore her influence over the group - it's been huge. But let's be real. Most likely it'll go down the way it's always done for graduations - she'll get the center a bit extra and more screentime than usual.

I'd agree if it weren't for Kanon's solo aside Watashi. For graduation singles Aika and Riho are the only exceptions.
Riho definitely had greater impact on HP/UFP than Kanon towards propelling Hello Project, and the Cool Hello performance brand that is HP today.

So subjectively, I could argue that Riho is more "deserving" if thats a thing. Amped's reason is probably more logical, that they're still with HP.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Re: [12/29] Morning Musume。'15 60th single (Sayashi's last) - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Postby Sohee » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:23 pm

Except for that Kanon is an original member of S/mileage, has been in H!P for 10 years and most likely UF are trying to make up for the fact that they treated her/the group unfairly for quite a while? Sure.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Re: [12/29] Morning Musume。'15 60th single (Sayashi's last) - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Postby otaku_blue » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:58 pm

s/mileage released ama no jaku in 2009. riho joined mm in 2011. two years difference, if you ignore her egg years (5).
"trying to make up for the fact that they treated her/the group unfairly ", I agree that S/mileage were treated poorly but I doubt giving her a solo aside would amend this.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:16 am

Three years difference, if you count Shugo Chara Egg in 2008. Maybe not an official H!P group, but they did have official releases.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:34 am

I let my feelings for a solo song go since the titles were announced. :P I'm just glad we're getting a final single prior to her graduation. :crying:

As for Nyon, despite being Riho's senior by two years, it's a different group and different post-graduation ambition. Within ANGERME, Wada and Fukuda's current position reminds me of Michishige and Tanaka's position within MM back in 2012/2013. She also stated that she wanted to write her grad song, and it was cool of UF to do that.

At least Riho wants to come back as a soloist. :fear:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby Sohee » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:39 am

When they talk about her in showbiz they say 10 years - meaning they include some/all? idk I don't keep track, of her egg years. She was very active as one too. Considering they say it on TV, I'll assume that's how UF looks at it. Whether it's making up for treating her poorly or not, I don't know. But none of it changes that she's a first generation member which is probably a huge reason for why it's a big deal to the group. Ogawa left suddenly, Maeda stuck around but only for so long so it's not really comparable, either.
Comparing her to Riho is just not possible imo. If nothing else, because they're two different groups with different ways of doing it.

Giving Riho a solo A-side would give the impression that she's as big of a deal as Sayu, which she definitely isn't. Or that... just anyone can get solo a-sides in MM now? If Ayumi leaves next year does that mean she's deserved one too then?
It just doesn't add up. Ai, Risa, Reina and Sayumi (again, only a-side one on top of that) all really made sense. All the girls graduating before Aichan didn't get anything else but solo corner in concert and center in graduating single. (Exceptions being Asuka and Yasuda who got b-sides that no one really knew about unless they bought the single they came with.)
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby b229b24k » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:05 am

Sohee wrote:would give the impression that she's as big of a deal as Sayu, which she definitely isn't.

Reading some of her fans' post though, I get the impression that they definitely think otherwise.
Bigger even. :fear:
b229b24k
Senior Initiate

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:36 am

Speaking of graduation songs I forgot how much I loooovve Rock no Teigi
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby resop2 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:10 am

b229b24k wrote:
Sohee wrote:would give the impression that she's as big of a deal as Sayu, which she definitely isn't.

Reading some of her fans' post though, I get the impression that they definitely think otherwise.
Bigger even. :fear:

Riho was a big deal. She was a principal dancer and singer in Morning Musume, acted on stage and did photobooks.

However, Ayumi was also a principle dancer, Oda Sakura and Tanaka Reina were also principle singers, Kudo Haruna was also a force onstage and several other girls did photobooks.

As for Sayumi, for a long period in Morning Musume history she was the only girl doing talent work. And, she was the spokesperson during Morning Musume's counter attack (and counter attacks aren't easy if your idol group is 13 years old).
resop2
Skeptic

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:42 am

To be honest until now we weren't sure what the official precedence for grad songs and now we know. Before Ai, no one got grad songs and then every girl from there did. But now we know that not everyone will. Maybe it's because she doesn't have the history, maybe it's because she's not graduating from H!P proper (all the girls with grad songs were), maybe it's because of lack of time or maybe she just didn't plain want one.

Whatever the reason, I think the thing that makes it sad to me is not because she deserves one, but because Riho was the center, the ace for so long and we never got even one recorded solo song. Even Aika had one on an album.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project