JPlop's 2015 Secret Santa (Assignments sent 11/17, happy shopping!)

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: JPlop's 2015 Secret Santa (Assignments sent 11/17, happy shopping!)

Postby boinsie » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:06 pm

^ I enjoy doing the many layers thing to my brothers. XD
boinsie
Guru

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:35 pm

In my case, it's a matter of clumsiness plus paranoia about shipping conditions -- "Hmmmm... So far, I have three layers of fiber-reinforced kraft paper, one layer of tarpaper, three rolls of duct tape, spray-on foam, and an ox hide. But is it really secure?" XD

Spoiler: show
For a while several years ago, I was selling odds and ends from my record collection on eBay, more as a hobby than anything. (I eventually decided that it was more fun to hoard keep my records, so I stopped selling them.)
At one point, I sold a near-mint condition Django Reinhardt 78 rpm record to a collector in Japan -- which meant that I had to figure out a way to ship it so that it wouldn't break (78s are notoriously brittle -- they're usually made of shellac, and they tend to break if you even look at them the wrong way). I found an extra-thick styrofoam Omaha Steaks container (used for mailing frozen steaks to consumers, so they're ridiculously heavy-duty), wrapped the 78 in mega-size bubble-wrap, stuck it in the container, sealed the container using about half a roll of duct tape, wrapped the whole thing in brown paper, and sent it off. It made it Ok, but at that point i realized that mailing 78 rpm records is probably something better left to professionals. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Shoujo Q » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:27 pm

^What did he leave you for feedback? XD I'm curious.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:30 pm

I don't remember what eBay feedback he left (although I think it must have been good), but he thanked me and said that it arrived OK. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby boinsie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:31 am

The mailman rang my doorbell this morning!
Look at that adorable packaging! The folded one is like a candy!! :heart:

Inside....

Shock and awe!! Believe it or forgetmenots, due to some weird shipping requirements by CDJapan, I hadn't already purchased "Dakara, Ikiru.", so you're my savior~! :rock:
Because I don't know nearly enough Japanese to handle kindergarten-level reading, much less an autobiography, I'll have to stick to Henkka's translation, but this shall happily join the Tsunku shrine. :hehe:
Plus green tea snacks and a good luck kitty! Thank you so much! :xmas:
boinsie
Guru

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:47 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I searched so hard in the archives of this site, thinking you'd post it here if you bought it, but not sure, lol. Then I thought, what the hell, if you had it already you could deface the one I planned to give you by taping in Henkka's translations inside of it so you could pretend to be reading it and keep the one you'd bought already in a shrine. I'm much relieved that instead I just gave you something you didn't already have.

I laughed a lot when I got you again, btw.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Shoujo Q » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:38 pm

Erilaz, you'll need to tell me how that chocolate is. I bought two with the intention of giving another to a secret Santa but I ended up overbuying so I sent. Not sure if I should give it away or eat it. XD

In Boston they had a shop set up in the open market where you can buy the chocolate or have them make you authentic hot chocolate with it. It smells amazing! But I always go for the tea from the shop right next to it because I love chai more. Especially spicy chai. :3
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby erilaz » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:40 pm

^ I've only tried the cinnamon flavor so far, so I can't give you a verdict on the others, but the cinnamon is yummy, both straight and as hot chocolate.

Eaten straight, the chocolate has an unusual texture: not creamy at all, sort of powdery and gritty. But the texture works well when you grate it for hot chocolate, since it produces a powder rather than a melty mess.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby koregaboku » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:35 am

I'm a terrible individual and finally sent my gift... But my person should get it Monday. I'm really sorry!!

Also, I got my present! It was a pair (?) Of cool herb cutting shears and a sweet vegetable peeler. I've actually been meaning to buy the latter for some time but kept forgetting.

Thank you!!

P.s. I had been avoiding JPLOP the past couple weeks because I felt really guilty about not sending out my gift sooner :
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby erilaz » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:41 am

^ Glad you liked your presents. I went to Sur la Table on 4th Street and tried to find things that seemed generally useful, not super-specialized gadgets like olive pitters and melon ballers. XD
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project