[8/19] Morning Musume。'15 59th single - Oh my wish!/Sukatto My Heart/Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Favorite A-side?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:02 am

Oh my wish!
34%
Sukatto My Heart (Refresh my heart)
32%
Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki (The courage to jump in right now)
34%

Total votes : 50

Re: [8/19] Morning Musume。'15 59th single - Oh my wish!/Sukatto My Heart/Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Postby DARC1993 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:18 pm

I can't believe how much I'm loving this release. :heart:
「勝負の年だぞ。モーニング娘。'14」
DARC1993
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Riho Sayashi

Re: [8/19] Morning Musume。'15 59th single - Oh my wish!/Sukatto My Heart/Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki

Postby himonomusume » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Wow, it's really noticeable in the FNS performance that Riho has put on some weight. At first I only noticed her face getting puffier, which it can regardless of weight, but now I see it on her whole body.

The conspiracy-part of me wonders if that's the reason she's not being promoted as much in this release like she usually is. :fear:
The other part says that it's just that UF* finally decided to mix it (the line up) up a little and let us background-girl fans see our favorites in the spotlight. :love:
himonomusume
Senior Initiate

Postby Celedam » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Celedam wrote:On April 22, I posted…

Celedam wrote:After watching this...

viewtopic.php?p=186902#p186902

...and reading some of her recent blog posts, I wonder if Riho has some sort of condition or is taking some sort of medication that causes her face to swell. That's not fat.

I think I know now what it is, after watching the preview of "Sukatto My Heart" — I think she's had a late-puberty growth spurt. She looks taller, broader, and generally more solid than she did last year, so that she's now almost as large as Mizuki and significantly larger than the "sporty" girls like Erina and Haruka.

viewtopic.php?p=192598#p192598

The puffiness seems to come and go, and therefore is probably a hormonal issue that will work itself out over time. But there's no avoiding the fact that she's just plain larger now, and that conflicts with her image as the cool, sleek dancing ace. Especially in contrast to Zukki's weight loss over the same period. We can only guess how she feels about it; even though she's always been one of the more reserved members, some anxiety has crept into her recent blog posts.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:48 pm

I think its just puberty as well at this point. Riho appearance hasn't changed in a while and shes 17, its hitting her late and its hitting her hard.

She still looks fine though. The times she does look a bit off is just when her make-up isn't as heavy.
Its not as bad as Zukki's worst but Mizuki is a fair comparison. I wouldn't be surprised if she is a bit stressed/depressed she's 17 and she's always tends to be by herself. I hope she cheers up if it is the case.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby himonomusume » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:14 pm

^
^
Yeah, I've noticed that reading her blog too. :worried:
IMO she's never been one of the skinny girls in the first place but it's clear something has changed these couple of months. Hopefully you're right and it's just normal teenage-body-is-changing stuff and it will pass (for her sake, I don't care if she's larger as long as she's comfortable with it).
himonomusume
Senior Initiate

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Sukatto has a really cool dance I have to learn it . The song itself isn't anything special though .
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Mixi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:12 pm

It's just puberty. She looks healthy, her thighs are still rock solid and that's what matters for a dancer. :lol: She even looks sexy now. I thought she looked like Mizuki during the performance, and no one says Mizuki is "fat".
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Jessi » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 pm

The girls are all gorgeous and I can't understand why we always have these nitpicky conversations. The only two girls in H!P from the past few years that had a slight weight issue was Maasa and Zukki, and Zukki lost the weight. Every other time I hear someone talk about Riho's face or Mizuki's thighs I just can't wrap my head around it. It seems so Japanese, because they have much stricter expectations.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:35 am

Mixi wrote:and no one says Mizuki is "fat".

You'd.... you'd be surprised. :wacko:

Though, interestingly enough, my step-dad has this issue where he used to be able to eat a bunch, and then he'd work out or exercise and get rid of all the calories he worked up, but in the past year or two that has stopped happening, and no matter what he does, unless he actually makes sure he eats less, he gains weight because his metabolism slowed down. Maybe her metabolism just slowed down and she hasn't adjusted yet?
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Celedam » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:29 am

Jessi wrote:The girls are all gorgeous and I can't understand why we always have these nitpicky conversations.

Relax, it's just an observation. No one is blaming or criticizing Riho. But you must admit it's difficult not to notice that she looks different lately, considering how we pay such close attention to everything else the members do. They're idols and we're idol fans, so that's just how things work.

Besides, like everyone is saying, it's probably just puberty catching up with Riho, and it's noteworthy only because it's happening relatively late in her teenage years, after her image has already been established.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project