Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: Fukuda Kanon to graduate from ANGERME and H!P in fall 2015

Fri May 22, 2015 1:24 pm

what WAS the Cinderella a revolution thing?? I have never seen it!

Fri May 22, 2015 2:18 pm

^ You've never once seen her do that bit? She used to do it everywhere. I'm pretty sure I remember a time where she talked about it in reference to Cinderella's Castle wayback whenever they were still doing the Hanasaka Disney corner (or I could be mixing something from her blog up in my head).

Fri May 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Her thing for awhile was that she was the reincarnation of Cinderella, and the catch phrase for that was "Cindarella Revolution!"

Then Tsunku told her it was dumb XD

Fri May 22, 2015 11:09 pm

See, i've heard about it many times, but never actually seen it! Now i've finally got to see it. xD Thanks. :P
(tbh, it kinda is pretty dumb........ like yurushite nyan. xD)

Fri May 22, 2015 11:20 pm

At least, yurushite nyan made her go places lol

Fri May 22, 2015 11:51 pm

The "Momochi" character and her "Yurushite nyan!" gag were based in self-deprecating humor. People loved to hate it, and they were supposed to. That's why it worked.

In contrast, Kanon played her "Cinderella Revolution" gag straight, and it wasn't much of a gag to begin with. She simply told you she was the reincarnation of Cinderella, did the pose, and then went right back to being Kanon Fukuda, third-tier idol. As if she expected the pose itself to catch on.

(For an explanation of the tiers of idoldom, start here: viewtopic.php?p=28807#p28807)

So yeah, it was dumb.

Sat May 23, 2015 12:29 am

I imagine that Kanon's decision to graduate probably inspired the name change and the addition of new members and not the other way around. Nevertheless, I am not surprised nor upset about this announcement. I think it's good timing for her and will wish her the best when she graduates.

Sat May 23, 2015 12:49 am

^
I thought the name change is because of copyright or something? like something is already named S/mileage
Maybe I remember it wrong

Sat May 23, 2015 1:03 am

The official narrative is that they approached Tsunku with the idea for the new members and the name change to reinvent themselves and secure the future of the group or something?

People have mentioned the copywright thing, but I don't think thats official official. But I'm sure it had something to do with it too.

Sat May 23, 2015 5:43 am

What was the copyright issue? I think I missed it.
Post a reply