New Kenshuusei unit Kobushi Factory

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: New 8-member Hello! Project Kenshuusei unit - first indies single to be released in March!

Postby Obsidian » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Well they stayed very good friends after all that anyway, I still feel like Hamachan was hung out to dry a bit she obviously didn't have the vocals of an utahime and she knew that too. That would've been very frustrating. I still wonder why she and not any other vocally strong Kenshuusei made that particular final.
Obsidian
Acolyte

Re: New 8-member Hello! Project Kenshuusei unit - first indies single to be released in March!

Postby aerosuffly » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:54 pm

From my wage memory, there weren't any super strong kenshuusei, and they were saving Karun and Sayuki for Juice=Juice. Kurumi was there but Sakura is arguably a better singer and dancer with a better look. The current strong kenshuusei join at about or after 11ki audition.
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby mahoumi » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:28 pm

wow, i didn't come online for a month and i missed so much !! i'm ridiculously excited for this unit, everyone looks really talented so far.
Rio reminds me a little of Ogawa Makoto, with her (from what I can see) goofy personality and her face/hair is similar too. Hamachan is adorable and Rei is really cute too ♥
i can't wait to find out their name and first single !
mahoumi
Senior Initiate

Favorite Idol: Sato Masaki

Postby Obsidian » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:45 pm

aerosuffly wrote:From my wage memory, there weren't any super strong kenshuusei, and they were saving Karun and Sayuki for Juice=Juice. Kurumi was there but Sakura is arguably a better singer and dancer with a better look. The current strong kenshuusei join at about or after 11ki audition.

Tanabe, Murota, Ogawa, Nomura were also there who I'd consider noticeably better... I actually think Taguchi was even probably better vocally, she's a bit more stable anyway. It just seemed odd to me considering all the other KSS they had at the time.
Obsidian
Acolyte

Postby Starra » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:03 pm

They might just not've been what Tsunku was looking for.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:16 pm

^^ and ^

ngl, its just reasons why Im not too invested in this group. lack of Tsunku involvement, and the odd pick of girls.
Tanabe and Kurumi, and other eggs too, had so much more to offer than some of these girls imo.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Shabranikuduu » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:22 pm

^Yeah, but they left. It sucks that they didn't get a chance to debut, but they're not the first popular/talented KSS to leave, and they won't be the last.

As for them being an odd pick, I'm sure they'll start looking more cohesive once they have original material to work with. Juice=Juice was the same, and they overcame that easily.
Shabranikuduu
Acolyte

Postby Obsidian » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:40 pm

I'm not saying Hamachan is an odd pick for this group though, or even wrong for H!P I think she'll be excellent. Just that it seemed strange she progress so far in that particular audition, which I suppose mean I've moved a little off the topic.

I think this group will be interesting, there's members I know a lot about and have a lot of history already behind them (If you can really say that for 14 year olds XD ) But there's also people who are pretty much blank pages to me. They also are a bit of mixture so that way I can compare them to Berryz... not that I'd want the pressure of comparing them too directly, but that's bound to happen with the timing.
Obsidian
Acolyte

Postby Panic Nancy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:53 pm

Obsidian wrote:I'm not saying Hamachan is an odd pick for this group though, or even wrong for H!P I think she'll be excellent. Just that it seemed strange she progress so far in that particular audition, which I suppose mean I've moved a little off the topic.

I don't think they were seriously considering her. They probably already knew that they wanted Sakura. So I think they were just using it as an opportunity to promote her.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby forgetmenots » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:00 pm

^I think that that's what Hamachan might have been hinting at in the interview as well. Sort of like oh... this was just all for Sakura, I never really had a chance did I? Which must have felt like a kind of blow. Whether or not it's true, considering many fans went there, it wouldn't surprise me if Hamachan went there as well. I wouldn't have wanted to go congratualate Sakura right then and there either.

If I was a young girl living in Japan who wanted to be an idol, I don't know if I'd join a program like Kenshuusei. Obviously there are clear debuts happening from it, but it's a lot of rejection to deal with and with H!P often causing question marks at first when they debut girls (though it almost always becomes clear) you're probably constantly wondering why they got picked over you. I have a lot of respect for the girls who stick with it for years and years.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project