[11/19] C-ute 26th single : I miss you/THE FUTURE

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [11/19] C-ute 26th single : I miss you/THE FUTURE

Postby jeiwa42 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:19 am

Watching this on a smartphone screen, I'm currently in the side of "the subtitles got confusing since my eyes wanted to read them all, but I like everything about the PV" lol Watching on a bigger screen I might start to notice al that "there's too much to focus on in the chorus" opinion but idk.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:57 pm

I am really glad that they're experimenting with this continuous long shot from multiple cameras deal. I think it would've been better without the blue border, but maybe a simple outline to separate the frames. Lead did something similar this year with their single "Sakura."

Spoiler: show

I think this is a concept that works better with fewer members though lol since the screen can only split so many times while having details still be shown. The more members there are, the more likely it is that someone's going to be overshadowed. This kind of experimentation is a step in the right direction though! And I love the song more now that I've seen the PV. Can't wait to get our hands on a version without subtitles though lol.
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:59 pm

^

that would've been so much better.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:02 pm

Amped
High Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 pm

otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:15 pm

So, not only playing with the MV styles, but also the song structures. That's why the song is so great to listen to- he changed up the whole thing. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby koregaboku » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:17 pm

Artistically and visually this song is amazing. That being said it is a lot to take in. I think that if it were two lines overlapping it would be a little easier as opposed to when they have three lines going. I'm really liking the "I miss you, I miss you, I miss you" chant though.

And the MV is amazing. Like ridiculously amazing. Im beyond impressed that it was done in one take. This just feeds into my belief that not only does C-ute have a different production staff but that their budget is a lot bigger than everyone else's (maybe not MM's? But that's debatable) too. The outfits for I miss you are on freaking point.

Side note: Unlike Miyabi or Risako's every changing hair that tends to be hit or miss, Maimai's hair-transformations are always on point. Short hair Mai is cool but long hair Mai really is eerily reminiscent of Amuro Namie.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby Zunu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:06 pm

It's not all done in one take. At around 3:09 (of the HS ep), the camera switches from the one that had been tracking all the way from the beginning to one following Airi. The cut isn't as smooth as, say, the ones in Hitchcock's "Rope" but it's pretty easy to miss.

I can't wait to see the rest of this. This is one of those songs like This Is Unmei and Chou Happy Song where Tsunku is being an Artist and inviting the audience to keep up.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:15 pm

^Wait, i don't see a cut there...
You mean just, it switches to Airi's camera? how is that a different take than the first take?
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Zunu » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:59 pm

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:^Wait, i don't see a cut there...
You mean just, it switches to Airi's camera? how is that a different take than the first take?

Sorry, I wrongly assumed you meant "a single continuous shot (with some additional angles)" when you said one take. And since it's not all done in one long shot, there's really no way to establish that it was a single take. Unless that's what UF is claiming, in which case I would have no problem taking them at their word. But, artistically speaking why would they break the continuity of the shot when they maintained it all throughout, unless there was another take? Not to detract from the beauty of the video, it's great regardless. Tbh I hadn't even thought anything about "one take" until you guys started stating it as a fact.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project