Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: S/mileage to add new members from KSS on 10/4, and change their name

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:09 am

I had lost complete interest in S/mileage when Maeda Yuuka left, and some of it has since come back, but I don't know if i could ever get back to the feelings I had when it was solely 1st gen.

Hopefully these new girls and their new name will reinvigorate my love :inlove:

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:10 am

I read somewhee that the reason to change the name is that 'S/Mileage' was registered by someone else. Don't know whether it's true.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:25 am

Out of KSS, I want Hamachan or Manaka. :P

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:26 am

I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere yet, but I'll just post it here again in case someone else missed it.

Tsunku wrote on his blog that he was surprised.
That does NOT mean he didn't know about this announcement. What he refers to is that he was surprised at the girls' (Ayaka, Kanon) growth that showed when they suggested the addition of member to the staff. Hearing about that, made him surprised.

There's no way he would find out about it through Hello!Station. :lol:
I don't know if someone thought that or not, but just to clarify for those who don't understand/read Japanese. Before any mistranslations and/or wrong assumptions starts showing up.

I personally think that it's about time, too. In the announcement Ayaka and Kanon mention it several times, and it's even written on the video that the 2ki members have been vocally worried over what would happen to S/mileage once Ayaka and Kanon leave. More members is exactly what they need to get the confidence and motivation they/some of them lack.

Possible Fuyuka return!?

Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:57 am

I'm glad! This is quite exciting. New members is always exciting. I've really grown to love each lineup of S/mileage, and since I'm already fond of the KSS this will be equally as wonderful. I'm thinking about what sort of outside impression this may have though, since there wasn't an open audition for members, but there is always potential for that with 4th gen. Anyway, I'm hoping that the name change is just something simple like the addition of a # or ! at the end, since S/mileage already has a lot of history with their name.

And I'm not sure why, but I am particularly rooting for Taguchi.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:00 am

They said in the video that they will (probably?) accept suggestions from fans, for the new name. But that probably means that staff and maybe even the members themselves will think of something as well.

Kanon also said that, honestly, she didn't feel 100% with S/mileage all this time. Not that she didn't work hard or didn't like the group, but they always had the past of Saki and Yuuka and it wasn't how it "was supposed to be" so she had honestly felt a bit off this whole time.
Getting a new name, will create a new beginning and new chapter to the group. Probably more energy, too. More unity.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:09 am

Change is good.
Ayaka and Kanon won't stay forever within the group and they need to secure the group's notoriety later on, which is adorable of them to think this way since it shows how much they care.

Plus, KKS are all very good performers, so why not add them to the group?
I don't think it's wrong to have 2 groups within H!P who add members every now and then.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:14 am

I'm okay with this because the new members will be KSS. The name change through... hmm

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:19 am

I have a mix feeling about this, mostly happy though.
I am happy for the Ayacho and Kanon, and the future of the group. Adding KSS guarantee that fans will be coming/staying, and changing their name is also not a bad idea considering what Kanon said.
But this basically mean a dissolution of S/mlieage into a new group, with new member, new name, and likely new style. I am being contradicted here as I understand what Kanon said about being stuck in the past of the group when Saki and Yuuka were still there, but being a fan since 4-bin S/mileage that past was the best part of the group.
Oh well, time to move on and hope for a better I guess.

So. MANAKAAAAA! :P

Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:21 am

A little shocked by this stuff. Big changes like these are always a little uneasy to take in, but I'm always cautiously optimistic. If I can handle the roller coaster ride that is the MM graduation/Shin-Member cycles, I should be able to handle anything. Bring it on. :devil:

If I do get a chance to see a H!P concert late next year, it's going to be a VERY different landscape to what it is now. :crying:

As for a new name: @S/ylum

Oh, and I just can't see Rikako as a MM member, but I can see her as a S/m member, kinda.
Post a reply