S/mileage's new name is ANGERME, 3rd gen members announced

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: S/mileage's new name is ANGERME, 3rd gen members announced

Postby jeiwa42 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:23 am

I've (already hehe) gotten used to the name. I'm just so excited for the new lineup to be awesome, because there's no use in me getting upset at the name when everything else about it is so awesome.

It's just like how people have unique names that have a difficult spelling/pronunciation combo and they forever live on having that name no one can pronounce right at the first shot (talking both personal experience and friends with similar cases), but then when you get to know them and know how to pronounce it right, it almost didn't matter in the end aside from the fact that you still have a unique name that can't ever be mistaken for another's, which is a wonderful thing.

We may keep seeing this as ANGER ME, but it overall became a device to further help us remember their name, their unique name, ANGERME, and we know that we can't mistake their name for any other group.

This...kinda feels like the tone turned into a small rant (unintentionally), might have taken it a bit too personal, but I just wanted to tell everyone how I felt about this whole name thing because I, too, was upset at it at first. I don't think I have to hope, wish, or persuade people to stop being upset at the name, because as someone else mentioned, we would most likely all get used to this and love the group in the end.

With that being said, I love the logo, and I love that idea of their names being logo-fied. I kinda hope that that's the kinda font/design their name will have in TV appearances and stuff, despite the unlikeliness XD
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby 321BreakinOut » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:32 am

They've definitely Angered Me with the new name if that's what they were going for :fear:
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 am

think about if they have some hit song that accidentally gets famous in america... can you imagine everyone laughing at the name "angerme"? .____.
but hey, if they got something like that in the first place, i wouldn't complain so let's get there first. xD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby stam4o » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:40 am

I wonder how is Kana feeling about that. She obviously has to know something about the impact (not-really-good) of the new name on fans. it was obviously accepeted by management because of their own reasons, but the fact that it's her suggestion and that fans are unhappy... And since she has suggested more names and she's naturally a hardworker, she probably dedicated a lot of rime on choosing names for the gropu, so I was wondering....
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:03 am

well, i wonder if they actually do know that the fans are unhappy...
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Jessi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:09 am

I really hate this name. I want to be nice about it, but I just can't. There are just so many things wrong with it. They've done so much recently for their foreign fans. They came to NY, they added Miki to 12th gen, they arranged a bus tour for foreign fans to see Berryz last concert, but they didn't stop to think how English speaking fans would feel about s/mileage's new name? I guess the french speakers are accounted for... but come on. Anger me is so not what they want their name to be confused with... unless they become a heavy metal group that rivals BabyMetal. (I kind of wouldn't mind now that I think about it... XD) But seriously.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:11 am

^it seems to really... Angerher. (アンジュルふー) :P
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:21 am

Personally, I was never that fond of the name "S/mileage" to begin with. The play on words doesn't fully work -- sure "smile/age" but what do they have to do with mileage?? (Or s/m :fear: ?) And Sumaireeji isn't any easier to pronounce than Anjurumu, so I think they're equally meh. On the other hand, neither of them jars me as much as ew, RaBENdaa. On the third hand, at least 50% of Japanese group names suck imo; it's not a big deal in the greater scheme.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby ralts » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am

S/mileage was definitely my favorite group name, but ANGERME is fun to pronounce it no matter how you say it I've come to accept it.
ralts
Initiate

Favorite Idol: Fukumura Mizuki

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:34 am

It's just gonna be SUPER weird when talking to your friends switching accents like
"So, I was listening to the new song by ANJURUMU and I have come to decide that ANJURUMU's new single is definitely really awesome. I can't wait for ANJURUMU to come to america."

Reminds me of this video.
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project