[10/1] Juice=Juice 5th single "Senobi / Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [10/1] Juice=Juice 5th single "Senobi / Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa"

Postby Amped » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Amped
High Priest

Postby Starra » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:21 am

Both of these songs are really good...

I prefer Senobi, but DateJinsei is great too.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby esm » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:21 am

I love the PV! The song is great, and the dance is fun to watch. My only slight complaint is that they should show more of the dance during the chorus... but whatever, there'll be a dance shot.

This single is perfect. The girls are so pretty.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Jessi » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:08 am

Date is another standard H!P PV. Both look good and the girls are gorgeous as always but neither are anything special or stand out.

That said I really think this single is very solid. J=J is back where it needs to be. I was watching the PV for Date and couldn't help but think how it sounds like such a perfect Juice=Juice song. The instrumental is very jazzy. I like it a lot.

And I've said it before, but Senobi is also really awesome. Its a bit different, but in a good way. <3 It feels so old school, and yet so modern. The instrumental is amazing... that break towards the end :yahoo: :heart: :heart:

J=J still feels like a new group, but they are starting to find their place. I am starting to have a sense of what J=J is, how they sound, and what separates them from the rest of H!P. Hopefully they keep moving in the right direction. I am excited to see where they go from here.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby stam4o » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 am

Senobi is good. But not a biased good, I think I'm not liking it as much as some of the other Ju=Ju songs, but it seems a good composition after all and I do enjoy it a lot :) The weak part I find about it is that it's a bit mainstream for me but probably that's also why it's so good, apart from the slight format change. The MV is cool, all the camerawork is just great! :thumbs-up:

Date ja nai... I'm liking it so far, though I'll wait to the final upload. And this time, this one is the "experimentalistic" song. It has some inusuality, gotta figure out what it is XD
MV is good. Both MVs in this single are actually quite innovative, they've changed cameras and filters and have added more great camerawork and in general the background is more taken care of.

Good job UF! :thumbs-up: Now, keep that up but also add again the freshness of the initial Juice=Juice, which hasn't been around at the latest singles :/
Last edited by stam4o on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Amped » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:40 am

i like Date ja nai better.

Senobi sounded nice at first. but when the whole song came out, the wow wow parts repeats over and over and doesn't change the song. i get tired of hearing it after the first half.
Amped
High Priest

Postby 321BreakinOut » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:44 am

This song ✓

The Lighting ✓

All those Akari Lines ✓

WIND INSTRUMENTS IN THE BACKGROUND ✓

Yuka looking pretty & smiling (not in an awkward way) ✓
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:35 pm

I think Yuka and Akari have made leaps in bounds in looking more and more comfortable in their idolness. Akari is just perfect here (in DateJanai). The first time I didn't feel an ounce of awkwardness from her and I can see how hard Yuka's trying (sometimes the video catches her while she's trying on different expressions) and it's really paying off. Karin had got it immediately, with Sayuki not far behind, than Tomoko and now that the last two have got it I think they'll just attract fans more and more.

I sometimes can't believe that these are the same girls in that very first video we saw. Or even in their debut single. They worked hard to quickly catch up to the rest of H!P
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:12 pm

I like Date ja nai a lot more than Senobi atm just because its so refreshing to have a song not so relient on edm from J=J, and a PV where they're finally cute, happy, and energetic. Arekore Shitai Kedo was more cute, than fun for me?
I dig Senobi, sounds so good in terms of instrumental, but yeah the wowow parts throw me off a bit. When the instrumental comes out we could probably edit it out and see if it makes a difference which would be fun. "The impact of muting Tsunku's voice in HP songs", although I do appreciate his presence in most songs.

Spoiler: show
I feel like post Romance no Tochuu, everything has been too "forcibly cool" and isn't as fun as it can be sometimes in terms of PV delivery. An example of what I mean is Hadaka no Kiss, fun and great song, but the colour scheme of the PV kinda draws away from the fun, passionate, tones of the song and in combination with the lyrics, the grey and dark colours gives off an artificial vibe, which can encourage ideas that they're too young to be so mature. A better take on the latin theme is still Namida no Iro for me, it was mature without being too forced. Same with Black Butterfly, its a decent song and there were some good ideas to it, but the choreography was trying too hard to be cool and had a poor impact on me personally. I feel like we got less of that this single which was cool for me because we got better music, choreography and outfits this time round in comparison to their previous single.

But it's such a fine line between being cool and trying hard, like Samidare Updated is hella cool, and there's not even that much of a difference in production but little things.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Amped » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:52 pm

promotion

Juice=Juice invited to perform at BOMBER-E Autumn Festival 2014 on 9/29 in Nagoya
http://www.helloproject.com/event/detai ... 466b32910/
http://www.nagoyatv.com/akimatsuri/
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project