Berryz Koubou have gone on indefinite hiatus as of 3/3

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Berryz Koubou to go on indefinite hiatus starting spring 2015

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:04 am

^^ No, what i meant was the 2nd gen smileage. It's practically a S/mileage II, lbh.

And the point would not be the fact that there are new girls, the point would be so that the songs would still be in cycle. I understand that obviously I follow Berryz because of the girls, but this way at least there would be an excuse to still perform songs.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Celedam » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:12 am

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:You know, most of the reason you are a fan in the first place is because you are selfish. You just want someone to give us music, with cute girls, with good voices, that dance well, and when the dance is bad, or the MV which they took time to make and put hard work into, you sit there behind a screen with no effort and write "the song is bad." or "the dance is bad." so, we all are selfish in our own ways.

Speak for yourself. I don't do any of that. Unlike you, maybe, I find it quite easy to keep it all in perspective, not form irrational attachments, and not argue about subjective preferences as if they're objective facts. In other words, I never forget that it is show business and those girls are there to sell me a product.

You can do what you want, but don't drag me into it to justify it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby esm » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 am

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:^^ No, what i meant was the 2nd gen smileage. It's practically a S/mileage II, lbh.

And the point would not be the fact that there are new girls, the point would be so that the songs would still be in cycle. I understand that obviously I follow Berryz because of the girls, but this way at least there would be an excuse to still perform songs.

But they do perform songs by former H!P artists/groups all the time. The songs aren't going to disappear, at least not the popular ones.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:02 pm

^^Once again, i used a "general you" meaning it doesn't apply to everyone.
And yes, I agree it is show business, but the girls themselves aren't there to sell you a product- they are there for, yes, that reason, but much much more so the fact that they like what they do, and they want people to be happy by what they do.

^But that's the point- they only perform a certain amount of the songs, most of the other songs aren't performed, or appear for that occasional performance every 2 years. :P
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Mixi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Kind of on topic.

Songs that will transcend Berryz Kobo's existence and be sung in future H!P concerts for sure:
- Special Generation
- Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi
- Yuujou Junjou oh Seishun
- VERY BEAUTY
- Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai

Maybe as part of a medley or in a special Asian themed setlist:
- Asian Celebration
- cha cha SING
- Loving you too much???

Once in a blue moon, as a surprise solo/group pick in a H!P concert or event:
- Remaining singles
- Album songs that are good for solos (Aisuru Hito no Namae wo Nikki ni, Sabori, Semi, among others)

Never outside of a BK/Berikyuu reunion concert, a Fukumura Mizuki or Fukuda Kanon birthday event, or a KSS recital pick by Hamaura Ayano:
- The rest
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:18 pm

^ I can see the following songs put under the "will transcend Berryz" category:
Heroine, Jiriri, Whatever their last single will be

And then I can totally see some shuffles in a H!P concert doing stuff like Nandakanda & Ren'ai Moyou or Icchome Rock.
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Starra » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Re: last page.

I never said people couldn't be sad. I'm pretty sure I explicitly stated that I don't have a problem with that. The thing I have a problem with is people being selfish about it and acting like Berryz don't have the right to do this and that they should be idols forever.

Of course people are gonna be upset. That makes sense. I get that. I'm not trying to tell people that they can't be sad. I just want people to realise that they should, as fans, respect this decision.

However, I was probably being too harsh. I wasn't trying to personally attack anyone in particular, although I realise it probably came across as that. I just get sick of people being selfish about any kind of graduation announcement, because it happens all the time, and not just with this one.

It's the same with people who want their graduated oshis to return to showbiz and never really stop talking about it. I understand you miss them, but I dunno maybe they graduated for a reason and don't want to be in the public eye anymore...?
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Denki » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Ngl, but Cha cha sing is better as a concert starter/concluder than a medley. It's hypes up the tour. It's probably the only H!P song in years that has done so.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Starra, I totally understand that. It's just that, after the first few days, (or rather, after people first found out the news, no matter what day it was,) I don't think anyone was doing the "they better stay in showbiz" or "they must stay as berryz" thing, or at least I don't seem to recall anyone on the page doing it. So idk if you were referring to this one specifically, or if you just meant in general. And yes, you did quite clearly say to "grow the fuck up" by the fact that our favorite group is going to disappear, that seems quite clear. o.o

And also, it's not true for all graduations. A good example would be Aina- everyone knows she wanted to be, but her parents... yanno... so in that case, would it be fair for people to say stuff like that? I don't know. :P

---
Speaking of "concert starters"..... Have they been singing the HELLO! PROJECT theme song at the start of every concert lately? Like, do they still do that? (you know, the one... hello hello hello hello hello exciting....) And also, is BK the only group to have their own theme song?
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:58 pm

I have a confession to make :fear: :

Spoiler: show
Every time I see the title of this thread, I catch myself reading it as...
nobody in this or any other universe wrote:Berryz Koubou to get indefinite hiatal hernias starting spring 2015

And it just strikes me as being so cruel. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project