Berryz Koubou have gone on indefinite hiatus as of 3/3

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Berryz Koubou to go on indefinite hiatus starting spring 2015

Postby Menno » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:28 am

You know, indefinite hiatus, that either means that they will do some reunion concerts or, knowing Up Front, release a "self cover" album in a couple years time.
Menno
Minion

Favorite Idol: Ayacho

Postby Obsidian » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:36 am

I've been wondering what they'll do about the songs though? I can't believe they'll let so many great tracks just sit on the shelf apart from the occasional H!P concert shuffle performance.
Obsidian
Acolyte

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:37 am

I can tell you if morning Musume just decided to cease activity I would be devastated for months. Let the mourners mourn for crip's sake. This is a huge deal for a lot of people. God, I was devastated with the Eri/Lin/Jun Grad announcement happen and I didn't get over it for a while after they left. I'm even feeling the loss of Berryz, Risako is my 2nd favorite member. It's gonna be a hard 9 months for people, because thery know it's coming to a close. There's nothing wrong with people sharing that pain on a forum FOR THE FANDOM. Where else are they gonna do it? No one else would understand.

Some of yall are insensitive as fuck.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Panic Nancy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:13 am

I remember when Hikki was going on hiatus, there were some people who were angry about it. The "how dare she do this after I've spent all this time and effort and money supporting her" people. It was like she was their music slave or whatever and she didn't have the right to decide to take a break. I don't have a problem with people being super depressed for a long time, but I do have a problem with people being like that. I don't know if people are seeing that sort of behavior in other places, but if they are, I can see why they might complain.
Panic Nancy
Minion

Postby Mixi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:28 am

I accepted Erina's graduation very quickly, and I think I could handle MM's disbandment quite well. I have problems with sudden/scandalous graduations such as Megumi's, Sakichy's, Tsukapon's and even Fuyuka's because they're so unfair and uncalled for. I just don't like seeing girls with bright futures disappear in just a few days.

I can mourn an idol whose idol career was interrupted unjustly for years, but I accept and support (from what we know) real graduations. Berryz belong to the latter category.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:31 am

...No one here said "how dare they disband", everyone either said "I wish they'd come to my country" (like me) or "i'm really sad" or stuff of that sort... I think everyone understands the reason they are disbanding, and tbh, it makes sense. But people are now complaining because "they should grow up" and "it's only your favorite music group ever, it's not that bad.", and "people are being selfish". You know, most of the reason you are a fan in the first place is because you are selfish. You just want someone to give us music, with cute girls, with good voices, that dance well, and when the dance is bad, or the MV which they took time to make and put hard work into, you sit there behind a screen with no effort and write "the song is bad." or "the dance is bad." so, we all are selfish in our own ways. And no one is saying anymore "They can't disband ;-; ;-; ;-;", that was in the first few pages on the first day of announcement, or when they first heard the announcement. Now it is more of "geez i'm so sad they are disbanding", there is a totally different sentiment behind those. (btw, that was referring to a general "you", wasn't referring to anyone specific.)

^^^I'm thinking they might just toss them like they did with so many other groups. Why doesn't Tsunku just make a Berryz II like S/mileage? It will save all the songs. He must have a reason why not... probably to start fresh...
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby jeiwa42 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:36 am

Obsidian wrote:I've been wondering what they'll do about the songs though? I can't believe they'll let so many great tracks just sit on the shelf apart from the occasional H!P concert shuffle performance.

I was thinking they could have HaroKens cover the songs during their Nama Tamago Shows but then I'm not sure if that will either be considered as "honoring the Berryz Kobo legacy" or "not honoring their indefinite hiatus" status.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Denki » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 am

Cha cha sing will be one of those songs they will still be performing after Berryz leave.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby resop2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:00 am

^^^
There is no S/Mileage 2. There is just S/Mileage, a generational group like Morning Musume.'14.

BK has not been a generational group. If you were going to "revive" them with all new members you would really have to rename them, like Tanpopo #, or Zuko Biyuben. (Maybe Berryz Kobo Dash?) And, would it really get over? Where people fans of the group's music or fans of the individual member of the group?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Obsidian » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:09 am

I'm weary it sounds disrespectful to Berryz to talk about sharing their songs out to other groups etc. but at the same time I think it should be an honour to them to keep those songs alive. After being so unbelievably lucky considering to see them perform some of their real classics recently I can't bear the idea that soon they might never be regularly performed live. But I definitely think the Kenshuusei will continue to perform them...and yea does seem they've already swiped off with Cha Cha Sing. XD
Obsidian
Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project