[10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN/Shabadabadoo~/Mikaeri Bijin

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

favorite song?

TIKI BUN
33%
Shaba daba doo
23%
Mikaeri Bijin
44%

Total votes : 66

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby Starra » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:48 pm

^You mean move back, not forward, I think :starra: .

I assume it's because of the competition or maybe because they just wouldn't have had it ready in time for September.

Either way, I'm still really fucking excited. 'Bout time for some more ’14.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Ummmmmmmm i have no clue which is grammatically true. but when my brain thinks about it, forward means like.... ---> that direction and dates go in
---> that direction so forward = later date? I have no clue. then again we say "it was pushed back" so i could be wrong. FUCK YOU ENGLISH.

I would assume it's the latter, since it's a triple A and sayu's last. o.o

...Yes, it is about time for more '14... and the last '14... and the last sayu.... MM only had 3 singles in 2014. that's quite weird, honestly. :P
ALMOST TIME FOR WAN FAIBU YAAAAY!! (with a very lightly pronounced "f" that sounds more like an "h" than an "f" obviously)
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Starra » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Moving a date forward means that it'd be closer to the current date. Moving a date back means it'd be further away from the current date. Like forward in time vs back in time.

English is pretty fucked up lol. But I'm 99.9% sure that's what it is.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:55 pm

if you wanna be technical, you just disproved yourself.
If I go back in time, I'm going to the 2000's. If I go forward in time, I'm going to the 2020's.
...As opposed to what you said with the dates where, moving it forwards = closer to 2000's and moving it backwards = closer 2020's.
:P
Not sure if you meant it that way.
But I think you are right in that forward = closer to current date.
...I hate english sometimes. XD
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Moh » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:06 pm

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/back.html
Usage is also split on whether moving an event up means making it happen sooner (most common) or later (less common). The result is widespread confusion. When using these expressions make clear your meaning by the context in which you use them. “We need to move the meeting forward” is ambiguous; “we need to move the meeting forward to an earlier date” is not.

Just to confuse things further, when you move the clock ahead in the spring for daylight saving time, you make it later; but when you move a meeting ahead, you make it sooner. Isn’t English wonderful?
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Denki » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:09 pm

It's just one of the reasons people in non-English speaking countries find English to be quite difficult in comparison to another foreign language.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I fucking hate you, English.
Fine, so "Wasn't this single originally in September? why the fuck was it moved FORBACKWARDS to October? (we have solved the answer, it needs more time in regards to something. :P)
And moh. That has got to be the worst put ever. "Do pirates hook up"
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby jeiwa42 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:21 pm

I just thing of it as "held BACK and fast FORWARD". If you got held back at school then it takes longer (later date) for you to graduate, but when you fast forward a movie, it got closer to the end (earlier date).

The time travel concept of back and forward is the exact opposite because you yourself is moving in relation with a steady time. The release date is the one moving while we are in a steady time, so our perspective of forward and back is the complete opposite of when the date moves forward and back.

On a more related note, this single is 10 days after the NY concert, so I think theyll definitely perform it. Wouldnt it be sweet if a special prelease version of this single is released there? Last I heard overseas sales dont count in oricon so I guess it all comes down to marketing strategy if they will do something like that.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby Sohee » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:17 pm

Just think of it physically if nothing else. If you push someone/something away from you, you push it/them back. Which is exactly what has happened with this.
Whereas, if you'd push it/them forward, it'd be closer to you. Since you (aka. 'now') is what we're counting from in the first place.

It's just a thing. English is the language of exceptions anyway, so w/e.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:54 pm

Yup, it's moved back. My Japanese teacher once told me the only way she learned English was to just accept our weird-ass rules and stop questioning everything, because she was seriously going insane XD
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project