[10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN/Shabadabadoo~/Mikaeri Bijin

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

favorite song?

TIKI BUN
33%
Shaba daba doo
23%
Mikaeri Bijin
44%

Total votes : 66

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 pm

I really don't think that very many people other than wota and the music press are going to care about whether it makes #3 or #1. Wota will care because they're obsessed with everything about the idol groups that matter to them, and pop-music journalists will care because they deal in trivia and superficiality. But the general (non-wota) music audience will probably be much more interested in whether or not it's a good song than in how it does on the charts. And genuine music industry insiders understand what matters and what doesn't in terms of a group's long-term success -- so for them, I think that actual chart ratings (as opposed to sales) are useful for PR, and not much else.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby Shoujo Q » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:03 am

Their single sales have jumped before of course they didn't get #1 but it was an amazing accomplishment. It's really too soon to say what way this single will go. It could do a major jump like One Two Three. You just don't know, just have faith before writing this whole single off.

What you really should caring about is if this single will have any longevity after it's release. It's all well and good if they get a high number the first week but you really want the songs to last longer in the charts. That's what brings in the money, the tv appearances and the fans.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:05 am

Sharing this here since she asked to spread the word. Alita who lives in Japan is putting together a massive order for those who want to buy the single and have it count towards Oricon.
I thought I'd share it with you all. I can vouch for her and say that she and her husband are both very reliable. I'm sure others on Jplop who have used Idol!Swap or her services on facebook can vouch for her as well.

To order, fill in your name and how many CDs (or which version) you want and if you prefer a certain store to get your freebie poster. Default is Tower Record's Store.
Link to the Document.
If you aren't on facebook and still wish to order, her email is alita87@gmail.com. If you are on facebook, you can just send her a message.

Deadline is 9/15
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Postby Jessi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:07 am

+Kyu wrote:If you think that way, perhaps you should have a little more faith in the group and her fans than writing them off at getting 3rd place? Especially since we haven't even heard any of the singles yet?

I mean everyone is right by saying that its going to be very unlikely for them to jump up 100k in sales. I would be excited for them to reach anywhere near 200k. 180-190 would be pretty awesome. However, I like your enthusiasm and positive attitude. If this single is SUPER AWESOME we could possibly get a huge bump in sales. We never know when that could be. All you need is one catchy song to grab the general publics attention and Morning Musume could skyrocket in sales. Can we count on it? no. But is it good to remain positive? Yes! I don't think anyone saw One Two Three selling as much as it did when it did, but it happened and we've been consistent since!

TotallyUncool wrote:I really don't think that very many people other than wota and the music press are going to care about whether it makes #3 or #1. Wota will care because they're obsessed with everything about the idol groups that matter to them, and pop-music journalists will care because they deal in trivia and superficiality. But the general (non-wota) music audience will probably be much more interested in whether or not it's a good song than in how it does on the charts. And genuine music industry insiders understand what matters and what doesn't in terms of a group's long-term success -- so for them, I think that actual chart ratings (as opposed to sales) are useful for PR, and not much else.

This builds off my last point! I find it awesome how Love Machine became super popular and pretty multiplied sales by like 10 (I don't feel like calculating XD). Furusato 170,670 -> Love Machine 1,646,630
Thats an incredible sales jump. Even AKB48 started with low sales before they jumped up to selling millions easily. And you know the best part?

Love Machine was #2 on the Oricon charts! :mikihead:

So my point is that in the long run whether or not the song is popular is more important than the charts! This long streak of #1s did help Morning Musume get their name back out there, but the awesome songs and dance formations also are whats helping Morning Musume gain public attention again. Can't have one without the other :D As long as the song is awesome and we do get a jump in sales... any jump in sales... it wont be so important where they fall on the chart. Even getting enough sales to get close to the tough competition will be pretty impressive
Last edited by Jessi on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Celedam » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:47 am

"LOVE Machine" sold only 241,000 copies in its first week. It didn't do much better than other MM singles before it, like "Daite HOLD ON ME!" and "Memory Seishun no Hikari".

It eventually sold 1.6 million copies because it stayed on the charts for seven months. It became a cultural phenomenon.

Before "LOVE Machine" and Maki Goto, Morning Musume was only a minor curiosity. A publicity stunt, even. And that was due more to the involvement of Tsunku and Ninety-Nine via ASAYAN than to the girls themselves.

But every so often, the planets align and something takes off. Thus the Golden Era.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby 321BreakinOut » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:43 am

Lmaooo I love how the golden Era came to be due to the planets aligning XD
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:42 am

The heavens blessing Yossy tbh :mikihead:
wotakubrandon

Postby Chibs » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:42 am

wotakubrandon wrote:The heavens blessing Rika tbh :mikihead:

fixed =D
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:45 am

pissing myself in thirst for new single news at this point ; _ ;
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:54 am

First day of MM concert. Which will people gravitate towards first? The concert rip of Tiki Bun or new Musume members? That's going to be a hard one to call.

Hopefully they will put us out of our misery and release the single first on Hello!Station or something. Too much of a good thing is bad for the heart.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project