[10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN/Shabadabadoo~/Mikaeri Bijin

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

favorite song?

TIKI BUN
33%
Shaba daba doo
23%
Mikaeri Bijin
44%

Total votes : 66

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby Denki » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:39 am

Icey, Starra or Sohee, can you guys update the Hello! Base page with the official release date? :s
https://hello-base.com/music/tiki-bun/

It says "September 17" to me when it should be "October 15." c:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Re: [10/15] Morning Musume。'14 57th single - TIKI BUN / Shabadabadoo~ (Sayumi solo) / Mikaeri Bijin

Postby Zunu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:07 am

Momoclo have the C-ute/Perfume/UUG thing going where they fit together so well as a group. And Kanako is adorably cute in the same way that Airi or Minami Sengoku are. Not to say she's AS cute, that's a matter of preference. But she has a similar kind of quirky moe personality.

Anyway, as far H!P's lack of mainstream acceptance, I think it falls down to two things.

1) When you compare Up-Front groups to other idol groups, you have to look at the situation with album sales, which IMO are a better barometer of true cross-spectrum popularity. So, for example, Colorful Era has outsold any of Momoiro CloverZ's singles, by a generous margin. But their album sales are feeble by comparison - their most recent not even racking 1/10th the sales of Momoclo's. That's not to say that MM don't have catchy songs, but the ones they promote as singles don't have the kind of quintessential sound that Jpop listeners seek out. Morning Musume's formation dancing is electrifying to watch, and has spurred fans to buy lots of singles, but doesn't necessarily translate into the type of music that non-fans will get into and remember in the sense of "that was my jam."

2) I have a (completely unsubstantiated) feeling that Up-Front (maybe Naoki or Yukako Yamazaki) don't like to do the type of schmoozing and dealing that gets your acts on big shows. It's like they want to be 100% in control of their operation and don't want to compromise their autonomy. It seems to me they face a situation that a lot of mid-size companies face - growth financing. They're doing well, making money, but the closely held company doesn't want to cede control of their organization in order to expand, even if it means they will make tons more. Up-Front's presumably profitable, so from their point of view, they don't need to step outside of their comfort zone. Maybe they'll get lucky again with another million seller, but they don't want to pursue an AKS/Dentsu strategy in order to achieve it, and they don't have the raw muscle of Stardust who promote Momoclo. We as fans just need to accept that there's a ceiling on their activities. Without big money backers, there's only so much promotion they can pay for; only so many risks they can take.

Celedam's hypothesis is interesting as well. We all remember those kids in school, the ones who were in ballet or band practice all evening or whose parents had them boning up for the MCAT from age 11, and as a result didn't really have time to socialize and make friends. They were admirable, but at the same time kind of aloof. They weren't the first ones you'd invite to a party or even to a group study session because you knew they were gonna say no anyway. In a sense, maybe Morning Musume come off a bit like that to people. "They're wonderful but aren't they kind of taking that whole idol thing really seriously?"
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Denki wrote:Icey, Starra or Sohee, can you guys update the Hello! Base page with the official release date? :s
https://hello-base.com/music/tiki-bun/

It says "September 17" to me when it should be "October 15." c:
The date should be fixed now. :thumbs-up:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 pm

tracklist

1.TIKI BUN
2.Shabadabadoo~
3.Mikaeri Bijin
4.TIKI BUN (instrumental)
5.Shabadabadoo~ (instrumental)
6.Mikaeri Bijin (instrumental)
http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7059/

TIKI BUN lyrics and composition by Tsunku, arranged by Ookubo Kaoru
Shabadabadoo~ lyrics and composition by Tsunku, arranged by Tanaka Nao
Mikaeri Bijin lyrics by Ishihara Shinichi, composition by Gen Tetuya, arranged by Suzuki Shunsuke

Tanaka Nao arranged songs for Platinum 9 Disc album, Sayu's It's You.
Mikaeri Bijin is the new genre they have never done before. Tsunku is not involved with this song.

sounds like Mikaeri Bijin might be a happy Enka song based on Gen Tetuya's profile
http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/kokorone/gen.html
Last edited by Amped on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Mixi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 pm

Happy enka song... This sounds like something that would belong in a Takoyaki Rainbow song.

I'm really excited for this. Morning Musume '15 will be very interesting. And Tsunku is not involved? :butbut:
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Amped » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:15 pm

He probably is, just not credited..

if they go to Kouhaku, Mikaeri Bijin might be their song. Suzuki Shunsuke might make the Enka a little more J-pop-ish.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Sohee » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Now I'm scared to hear Mikaeri Bijin. ;~;
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby AyuHikaru » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Huh, Tsunku not involved at all. Knowing Tsunku though, it was at least someone he respects, so I don't think there is much to worry about.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Denki » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Denki wrote:Enka meets EDM :hehe:

It might happen. :fear:
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby forgetmenots » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:48 pm

Oooo, I'm excited to hear different stuff from them, hopefully it ends up working well.

I like that we have a basic Colorful Era song, a but of Platinum sound (maybe) from Sayu and then something completely different as the last one.

How many other MM single songs haven't been written by Tsunku? I feel like I heard that at least one other is, but I could be misremembering that conversation.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project