[8/20] S/mileage 17th single "Aa Susukino / Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu"

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [8/20] S/mileage 17th single "Aa Susukino / Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu"

Postby Jessi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:51 am

Well I also believe that The Power does NOT sound like a Berryz song. It sounds great with C-ute. So maybe its just up to opinion. I still miss Genki S/mileage. Yattaruchan was my favorite S/mileage song and they've completely moved away from that and Its been upsetting me. So the past 2.5 singles that S/mileage released would have probably sounded better with C-ute or Juice=Juice from how I'm seeing it.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Re: [8/20] S/mileage 17th single "Aa Susukino / Chikyuu wa Kyou mo Ai wo Hagukumu"

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:00 am

For me, I actually prefer it when each group has kind of a signature sound that the other groups don't really touch, because I want each group to be more unique and not completely interchangable. It doesn't mean that they can't deviate, of course, but I like to be able to look down at H!P and kind of be able to compartmentalize what each group is. If there's too much bleed through the only way for me to describe what makes each group different is by knowing the members inside and out - which a casual fan just isn't going to care about.

Again, this is doesn't mean they stick to the same song all the time. Just, I like a bit of unique flavor in my groups' sound where I can go "That is definitely a <H!P group> song." for like every... other single or so.

I probably didn't explain this right, but it's kind of hard to explain.

I like S/mileage songs like "Samui Ne..." or whatever, but Smileage's backbone is songs like "Miniskirt postwoman" which is very S/mileage so I want to hear S/mileage songs come some S/mileage.

It doesn't really sound like this single has a typical "S/mileage" song, which I'd prefer, but it doesn't mean the songs are bad.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Amped » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:02 am

i like it. its better than C-ute's song. Emo Smileage is better than silly Smileage
Amped
High Priest

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 am

My favorite S/mileage song is Tabidachi no Haru ga Kita, but Samui ne. comes after.

I do like Genki S/mileage better than Platinum S/mileage, but both styles are good for them, and look how good they've been selling with them lately.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:49 am

does no one like the Ee Ka?! smileage??
.____. I guess I'm the only one
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 am

I LOVE Ee ka? It's one of my favorite S/mileage songs
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:42 am

Love it. Chikyuu is so funky. :music: That sax aye.

And Aa Susukino is so cool, even just from the press footage.

@Kyu Risako is far worse at abusing her hair and has been doing it for far longer. Risako once was going purple > grey > blonde constantly because of how frequently she was bleaching her hair.

I don't like genki S/mileage, but I prefer young and cute S/mileage like Miniskirt Postwoman and Gabaranakutemo Ee Nende. Ee ka had such a weird chorus both song and dance wise. :unsure:
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:51 am

AyuHikaru, you are and are like, the only ones to think so. XD
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Jessi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 am

BerryzGiraffe3705 wrote:AyuHikaru, you are and are like, the only ones to think so. XD

I loved Eeka! Its #2 to Yattaruchan though.

I also loved Please Miniskirt Postwoman. Those three are my top 6nin singles.

I did love pretty much everything 4nin s/mileage did, but I try to imagine them as two different groups. I find it doesn't help to keep comparing the two generations of s/mileage.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby jeiwa42 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:02 am

Both songs sound fun and catchy! They really get the title of the song stuck in your head with a rhythmic tune that you start to hum/sing along to after a few repeats (or atleast I did anyways XD) Might not be genki S/mileage but its a nice sound!
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project