[10/5] Morning Musume。'14 - Live Concert in New York!

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume。'14 Live Concert in New York, 10/5

Postby Zunu » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:14 pm

esm wrote:they are usually 4-5-star hotels that I'd feel too casual walking into anyway.

The majority of hotels in NYC don't generally care how you dress as long as it's not indecent and you don't look/smell homeless. I've walked into plenty of hotels in midtown with my usual ratty weekend getup and not gotten a second glance. Most tourists wear sneakers and t-shirts with jeans, shorts or khakis. This city gets a lot of actor/performer/superwealthy/VIP types who don't want to particularly stand out or dress up, not to mention the wall street crowd who get paid millions but often like to dress down, and so it's risky to assume someone is poor just on the basis of their casual attire. Although, to be sure, there are other cultural indicators that people rely on with varying degrees of accuracy. I don't really know squat about fashion but my guess is that if you have a good haircut, dress in dark colors and don't carry a rachet-looking handbag, you'll fit in anywhere. Loudly speaking a Northern or Western European language while looking slightly impatient should convince the hotel staff you are of comfortable means, and as a plus they will give you a pass for being a lousy tipper. </badadvice> :fear:
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:13 am

So, I went into the city today.
I can say that there aren't any ads anywhere for this. :P
Not on trains, not around the area, nowhere.
The only place is by the Best Buy Theater, and that's for a few seconds when it spotlights them.

I walked past it, and I made my friend slow down so I could get a picture of their name by the event... but we were across the street, there was construction, and it was hard to.
but here's the photo i got. :P (you can kinda see the TokiSora photo of them...) It's weird thinking i'll be back there in 3 months. :P

Spoiler: show

I blurred faces & license plates. I also accidentally blurred a few other things, but whatever they don't matter anyway.
Last edited by CaptainBerryzGiraffe on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Celedam » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:58 am

Remember what we discussed earlier about HUGE photos?

viewtopic.php?p=155890#p155890

That one qualifies. It might be okay on full desktop displays, but it's a problem on my 15" laptop, and I imagine it's even worse on tablets.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:01 pm

:O see, How am i supposed to know that it does that?
For me it doesn't, so idk. I'm just going to spoiler it.
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Amped » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:12 pm

celedam complains that he doesn't like big photos posted, but he quotes 3 or 4 heavy flash youtube videos because he uses "html 5" instead. he doesn't know that slows down pages for some people here. my flash block has to be used, but when undoing the block, all the youtube vids open at once, slowing the page.
Last edited by Amped on Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amped
High Priest

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:14 pm

but when I posted a big photo not long ago and said "i put it in a spoiler because it's big", apparently THAT photo which was almost the same size, wasn't "too big" so idk what qualifies as "too big". therefore I'm just going to put everything in a spoiler from now on. :P
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Amped wrote:celedam complains that he doesn't like big photos posted, but he quotes 3 or 4 heavy flash youtube videos because he uses "html 5" instead. he doesn't know that slows down pages for some people here. my flash block has to be used, but when undoing the block, all the youtube vids open at once, slowing the page.

Fuck you, Amped. All of us, including you, post a ton of videos, so don't put that on me alone. If all of the videos automatically play at the same time, that's a problem with your Flash blocker, not with the videos.

And for the record, I didn't complain about anything. She specifically mentioned it earlier (see the link). I was simply citing that one above as an example, as an addendum to my original reply.

Y'know, I've praised and defended you many times here, because despite your legendarily bad attitude and persecution complex, I respect you for doing such a great service for the H!P fan community. But my respect is not limitless. If you're going to be this way even to the people who do praise you, then what's the point?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby rikkikow » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 pm

The photo in question is too cool to be any smaller.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Panda-san! Panda-san Power! Panda -san!
rikkikow

Postby boinsie » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Can we just all agree to reasonably respect one another? Image sizes might be important to some, and embedded videos to others. We're all on different setups, and wacky things can happen. Just try to use your best judgement when it comes to posting potentially resource-heavy things, and keep in mind that everyone has a bad day sometimes where we overreact to little things that shouldn't bother us so much.
If anyone wants to discuss it further, please do it in this thread. :thumbs-up:

----

I'm staying at the Hilton Home2 Suites in Manhattan Queens with several other people. It's about a half hour by public transit from the Best Buy Theater, and also has rooms that accommodate people with two beds and a sofa, along with free WiFi and continental breakfast! :hehe:
boinsie
Guru

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:48 pm

^ Boinsie, 30 minutes in the city is a GREAT distance. :P is your hotel on 7th avenue too? because if it is then it's the easiest 30 minutes. XD

...Rikkikow ->I know right? :P I made sure to walk extra slowly so I could see that appear on the screen. too bad the angle is off a bit :(
No Berryz, No Life.
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project