[11/26] Michishige Sayumi graduated from Morning Musume. '14 at Yokohama Arena

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Fall Concert Tour 2014

Postby Chibs » Sat May 10, 2014 11:37 am

I think Sayu is better than Yossie, like almost at the level of Yuko.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Re: Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Fall Concert Tour 2014

Postby 321BreakinOut » Sat May 10, 2014 11:58 am

I like the girl and all but this whole leader thing is getting too over-glorified, seriously .
321BreakinOut
Devotee

Postby Amped » Sat May 10, 2014 12:04 pm

321BreakinOut wrote:Um, all y'all tripin. Yossie and Yuuko were the best leaders

seriously, over glorifying the leader thing for Yossie and Nakazawa.
Amped
High Priest

Postby fujii hina » Sat May 10, 2014 1:16 pm

I think this whole 'over-glorification' of Sayu's leadership and legacy in Morning Musume comes up because Morning Musume has indeed been reborn during her leadership. Like her leadership actually showed a change to the public. It's like she was presented as a leader who actually had to do something. With all the other leaders, we could say that it was just a title and they didn't really have to do anything. It is possible that this whole rebirth of MM is due to other factors (better promotion, Dentsu, etc) but in the narrative that they are projecting (consciously or not) Sayu is a great leader to have pulled the group out of the worst of times.

my 2cents on the best leader thing
Spoiler: show
top to bottom: Sayu, Yuko, Ai, Kaori, Risa, Yossy, etc
Idols come and go but Sayu is forever.
fujii hina
Senior Initiate

Postby BerryzCelebration » Sat May 10, 2014 1:37 pm

To be honest, MM.'s rebirth was a group effort and wasn't all just Sayu. But she did what she was good at, and she was a supportive leader.

I don't really have a "top/best" leader. Because all of them worked hard and tried hard in one way or another.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby Chibs » Sat May 10, 2014 2:25 pm

I think its more she actually took the leadership position and ran with it. Not just doing what the management wanted her to do, but going a step beyond that. Figuring out new ways to attract fans. Helping the new girls be more attractive to fans. Plus she only had Reina to help her, while the other leaders besides Yuko had more sempais assisting them. Yossie only really had to help Koharu.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat May 10, 2014 2:44 pm

I don't think anyone is downplaying Yuuko's leadership either, Yuuko was leader during an important era, Sayu was leader during an important era. That simple.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby randompasserby » Sat May 10, 2014 2:55 pm

fujii hina wrote:I think this whole 'over-glorification' of Sayu's leadership and legacy in Morning Musume comes up because Morning Musume has indeed been reborn during her leadership. Like her leadership actually showed a change to the public. It's like she was presented as a leader who actually had to do something. With all the other leaders, we could say that it was just a title and they didn't really have to do anything. It is possible that this whole rebirth of MM is due to other factors (better promotion, Dentsu, etc) but in the narrative that they are projecting (consciously or not) Sayu is a great leader to have pulled the group out of the worst of times.

my 2cents on the best leader thing
Spoiler: show
top to bottom: Sayu, Yuko, Ai, Kaori, Risa, Yossy, etc

Chibs wrote:I think its more she actually took the leadership position and ran with it. Not just doing what the management wanted her to do, but going a step beyond that. Figuring out new ways to attract fans. Helping the new girls be more attractive to fans. Plus she only had Reina to help her, while the other leaders besides Yuko had more sempais assisting them. Yossie only really had to help Koharu.

I agree with both of this.
Management and promotion helps. A lot. Probably IS the biggest factor on Morning Musume's rebirth.
But "over-glorifying" what she did is just... not very possible Unless you start pulling religious metaphors out of your ass :lol: . She did exactly what you'd expect a Leader to and more, much more.

She doesn't just do the bare minimum, not satisfied with just putting the group in order and making sure they do what they're told. She inspired them to do more, she set an example, she keep putting the new members and the group in the spotlights to gain more recognition, even when she's on a solo job.

And it's more than just a narrative spun out of thin air. It's precisely because there's tangible, demonstrable evidence of what she did for the group and how much her influence made an impression on the members that it could even become a narrative at the first place.

For my part Michishige Densetsu had already begun since 2005.
I don't have any issues with others not liking her if they have their preferences/reasons.... but downplaying her achievements is just, such a shame. :/

I'm never big on doing rankings but Sayu is a great leader. That part is not up for debate as far as I'm concerned.
Feel free to take the "greatest leader eveerrr" rank listing to the ranking thread or the musing thread though and maybe I'll join you guys there, but not here please.
風のひとりごと、夢のその続き。。。
その先の空へ まだ見ぬ未来へ 胸に愛を 抱いて。。。 歩いてる
randompasserby
Devotee

Favorite Idol: ♥さゆ 一筋 ♥

Postby TotallyUncool » Sat May 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Miki>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everybody, because she picked her nose, didn't smile when she didn't feel like it, didn't give a fuck, and didn't play along with all of the phony dress-up-doll idol BS. :mikihead:

But now I'm even wondering how we got off onto who was the best leader, and who at Jplop is an obnoxious person (hint: if you're at Jplop, you're obnoxious), when this is the Sayu graduation thread. I admire Sayu. And I hope that she has a remarkable and very admirable post-grad career.
Last edited by TotallyUncool on Sat May 10, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Daisuki Daiiyo » Sat May 10, 2014 5:47 pm

Now now, let us not forget the many instances in which Risa picked her nose! Heck, Tsuji too. :lol:
Daisuki Daiiyo
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Goto Maki

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project