[11/26] Michishige Sayumi graduated from Morning Musume. '14 at Yokohama Arena

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: [11/26] Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Yokohama Arena

Postby Jessi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:59 pm

321BreakinOut wrote:She's just socially awkward is all.She came from a school where everything put out is so "technical" so of course she'll have forced reactions.But She's still a kid , and will probably get over... i hope :|

^ THIS. I always get annoyed when people think Riho is insincere or arrogant. Riho is just really awkward. She is an amazing dancer and can sing really well, but when it comes to talking she isn't as comfortable. I mean its possible that she felt like she had to cry and tried to force it a little more, but it doesn't mean she wasn't upset. Some people aren't good at outwardly showing their emotions even when they are feeling them deeply. She could be self conscious of it and is trying to not seem like she doesn't care. Maybe as she gets older she will just accept herself and approach graduations differently. Especially since her senpai will be gone and it will be her gen mates and kouhai left. She will probably feel less nervous.
Last edited by Jessi on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Re: [11/26] Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Yokohama Arena

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 pm

I've always thought it was awkwardness more than anything that makes it appear fake. I don't think she was forcing it. Especially with Ai, she got put up in the front quick enough and I'm sure Ai gave her a lot of support. She doesn't seem to show emotion easily but at the same time really wants to. At graduations it's okay to cry and so she lets out all the emotion she tends to keep in, but since she doesn't usually it's really awkward. I do the same thing so maybe I'm just projecting, but that's what it's always looked like to me(it didn't even cross my mind once that it looked fake so I was really confused when someone first mentioned it). Awkward, yes. Fake, no. Of course only Riho herself knows the truth.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby koregaboku » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:35 pm

^^

I don't think the words Riho said were insincere however the way she projected them seemed that way. I don't doubt that her elders have shown her how to handle the spotlight and that she genuinely appreciates it. But I would rather have fiercely confident Riho doing the delivery.
koregaboku
Psychic

Favorite Idol: Airiiiiii <3

Postby stam4o » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:06 pm

^That's not so easy. You see, many people think that introverts are just attention bitches and they love to victimize themselves, or they only do things to "stay cool", however, in most of the cases it's just that they're not able to show their interior right. Like it sounds, they just haven't learned how to do it properly for whatever the reasons(and those reasons usually are easy to determine by the way, but not easy to deal with).Consider it like a kind of self-defense mechanism. It sucks because for much that you want to do something... you just don't know how to. I'm absolutely sure that Riho keeps in her heart all kinds of great feelings towards her senpais, towards her group mates, and probably towards many of the hidden faces that move at the sector, and that aside from her personal life ofc. For god'sake, after months and years staying with the same people you definitely build a lot of good feelings towards them, it's unavoidable (and that doesnt mean there are no problems, but it's not what we're talking about now). She just doesn't know how to express herself, and it's also unavoidable that it can bring a lot of hate, plus her being a center makes it worse. And it's not like that would just instantly change, you needa looooooot of time. And meanwhile everything's going to seem awkward for many, and even fake to anothers, but that's how it is.... and she still has a heart <3

Speaking of seniority... I think that with her now becoming one of the major senpais... it will actually help her grow her outer self a lot. Kind of like it happenned with Sayu (even though her case was different). I mean, look at that new generation! They're awesome! I think that it's because she's already established good relationships with 10ki and Sakura, more as friends than as kouhai, because the ages were similar or even greater, that she wasn't able to feel more that way, but with this 12th generation I'm really seeing her opening more her heart. I'm so much hoping so! :heart:
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby fujii hina » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 pm

I agree that Riho seems to be socially awkward and not very good at showing emotions. She has a vibe of professionalism through and through and I think this has the effect of her appearing to be fake. And by professionalism, I also mean that she wants to be appropriate at all times.

I think in graduations past she has appeared fake because:
1. She's not good at showing emotions;
2. She's in a situation where people EXPECT anyone in her place to be emotional;
3. She's tries her hardest to do what is expected of her.

So it would appear insincere because bawling in tears isn't who she naturally is.
Idols come and go but Sayu is forever.
fujii hina
Senior Initiate

Postby Starra » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:53 pm

As someone who's not good at expressing emotions... I really don't think it's fake. However, just because she's not expressing her emotions doesn't mean she isn't feeling them. I'm sure she's as sad as the other girls are, but she's just not as teary as some of them. Plus, maybe she never felt close enough to Ai, Risa or Reina to cry at their graduation. Or she was thinking "Yess, that's another one down... soon the spotlight will be MINE :mikihead ".

Or maybe she was brought up in a family where she was scolded for showing emotions, so she's kinda suppressed them and now she has to remind herself that crying is actually okay. But that's obviously something we're not going to know.

Aarii is kind of similar... when J=J's major debut was announced, she was the only one who didn't really show any emotion. She was obviously happy, sure, but the other girls were all like "OMG!" and crying and stuff and Aarii was just "Uh, yay?" about it. I guess the reality of it hadn't sunk in, but she's another idol who doesn't show major reactions to things. I actually prefer that over idols who overreact to everything.
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Sohee » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:19 pm

What's so difficult to get, really? It's nothing other than that she's socially awkward (introvert, maybe?), Japanese (hardly known for being open with their emotions) and like someone said earlier, she's been brought up in a strict, professional world by dancing since she was like 6. Not to mention (like several have already) far from everyone cry easily among other people and if you're the type who don't, then it'll definitely take time before you change - if you do. I'm starting to think that Riho is, after seeing the way she wouldn't stop crying at her homecoming tour this spring (bonus footage somewhere), but even that was awfully awkward. Because she's simply not used to it. Nothing more, nothing less.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Celedam » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:34 pm

Sohee wrote:after seeing the way she wouldn't stop crying at her homecoming tour this spring (bonus footage somewhere)

viewtopic.php?p=165334#p165334
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby stam4o » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:55 pm

^Agh. Hadn't seen that. It was hard to watch. She was definitely very emotional there and had a need to cry. And loudly. But her outer self was trying to repress it, because "Hey, I can't. I just can't do that." and the conflict was making it look awkward.(I assume that's due to an education of the kind "You have to always stay strong!")
Tears now.
stam4o
Minion

Favorite Idol: Akari,Sayumi,Maachan,Riho

Postby Amped » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Skyperfect TV CM promoting the live graduation broadcast

Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project