[11/26] Michishige Sayumi graduated from Morning Musume. '14 at Yokohama Arena

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Fall Concert Tour 2014

Postby wotakubrandon » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:51 pm

I don't know they all seem totally dedicated to Morning Musume and H!P. If anything I feel like they'll be a group of little fanatics after Sayumi leaves.
wotakubrandon

Re: Michishige Sayumi to graduate from Morning Musume. '14 at Fall Concert Tour 2014

Postby Chibs » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:57 am

sukibeam wrote:Sayu brought up conveying a love of Morning Musume to her kohai. I was actually thinking about this the other day - how after she's gone, there won't be anyone left in the group from whom you feel this overwhelming sense of dedication to the group.

Nakazawa gave her love of the group away by remaining as a dai-Senpai to later leaders to guide them. 5th gen you had Gaki (and later felt it from Aibutt), and with 6th you had Sayu being pretty vocal. JJ and LL were pretty vocal about how amazing they thought MM was and you could see how badly they didn't want to leave. Mittsui was totally fine with becoming the bad guy if it meant getting 9th gen into serious mode.

I know 9/10/11 gens love MM, work hard, and are dedicated to upholding the legacy they've been passed- of that I have no doubt. But I don't really get a vibe of absolute dedication and doing whatever it takes to better the group from any of them, save perhaps Eripon. Maybe it's because most of them are so focused on improving/catching up to where PE were, that they don't really have the opportunity to then focus on what they can contribute.

It will be interesting in the future to see how clear-cut Senpai boundaries affect attitudes. I think with 12th-13th gens we'll really see the MM spirit that Sayu exudes rear it's head.

Thank you for the translation!

I think Mizuki and Erina will be the most dedicated to improving Momusu after Sayu.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby sukibeam » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:06 am

I have no doubt of their dedication to either MM or H!P :) , I guess before I meant it more as like their love of the group is so great they wouldn't even consider graduating any time soon for something like a solo career/modeling/tv/stage/other group. Rika loved MM and H!P but still graduated to do her own thing... it wasn't that she sort of expired like Aibutt or Niigaki. Like, to me, the most musume members have been the ones who only ever really left because it was time to pass the baton, but even then still come around to check in on things and be their for their kohai. Does that make sense? I could see most of these girls possibly leaving to pursue other things before they've been in the group 7 or 8 years (as they are right now).
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby Sohee » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:16 am

Just because they realize they want to do/try something else in a year or two, doesn't mean that they don't love or aren't dedicated to the group though. Especially when you're in your teens (and showbiz) you'll be exposed to different things and experiences all the time, some will stick to what they thought and wanted to do when they were 12, but some change their mind and/or want to try different things. It's normal and it will happen to some girls in the current MM line up as well, it's better to try various things while they still can so I wouldn't be surprised at all if we'd have another announcement of graduation next year. As long as they leave because of their own decision I'd be fine with it as much as I'd hate to see some of them leave.

Mizuki and Riho are for sure two that I think will stick around though. They seem rather focused and determined. I'm sure some of the others will too, but can't tell who just yet.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby BerryzCelebration » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:32 am

I feel like all of them will stay for a while. They are so dedicated and it's obvious that they love what they do, and maybe they want to follow into Sayumi's footsteps (Although Eripon is doing great so far.). They could be their own PE, except without the low sales (40k-70k was good, but it was... low for Morning Musume.). But I'm talking about in terms of dedication, hard work, and friendship. Sure, the 12ki might have to get adjusted, but I have a strong feeling that they'll fit right in, like Sakura when she first joined.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby sukibeam » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:49 pm

I dunno, I think I'm expressing myself poorly because it's hard to put into words what I'm feeling. Maybe more along the lines of like, at this point I don't really think any of the younger girls are ready to make MM their whole life (in part because like Sohee was saying with them being so young and new to the business) such as Sayu has done. Again, I know they love the group and will work hard for it, please don't think I'm suggesting that :)

And I'm going to stop since this is the Sayu graduation thread XD I feel very off topic with this
sukibeam
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Dambara Ruru

Postby Amped » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Sayumi Birthday Fan Club Tour 2014 DVD preview
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Amped » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:33 pm

looks like Sayu is graduating at Yokohama Arena on 11/26

from the mobile H!P site

Saitama Super Arena?

waiting for the official site to confirm. its looking more and more photoshopped.
Last edited by Amped on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Amped
High Priest

Favorite Idol: 工どう由愛

Postby Sohee » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:36 pm

Whaaaaaaat
I expected December.

But ok. Good. /starts planning
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby Mizu_D3 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:12 pm

well...
wednesday, right? focus and focus...
Mizu_D3
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Mano Erina

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project