Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: Morning Musume. '14 12th gen - Golden audition

Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:29 am

I wouldn't mind a foreigner, I love Junjun forever after all. Weirdly though, I feel itchy about it being a Westerner. I'm not NOT okay with it, It would just be really really... weird? Uncomfortable? I'm not sure what the right word is.

I expect he's looking at Korea, Taiwan, and maybe a Half-Japanese person would have a shot too.

In KSS I'm rooting for Murotan (Forever!), Rikako, Musubu, Risa, or Ruru.

I like me some fresh girls too, those who just audition from the street, so I'm excited!

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:19 am

I don't really have an issue with them starting to open up with foreigners again.

The issue with JunLin was that it was kind of random. Like, they didn't really have as big as a Chinese fandom as they do now. So, I guess you can say that's why it kind of failed. Like, "Okay, we're just gonna add 2 to 3 Chinese girls at the most and just start trying to reach out to the Chinese market, even though we're just gonna keep these girls in the back.".

But now, since they have gained a larger international fanbase over the years, I think it's safe to say that they should try the foreign girl thing again.

I hope the line up is: KSS-Outsider-Foreigner or KSS-KSS-Outsider-Foreigner. I think it might be a 4 member generation again.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:49 am

You forget that Japan aren't as easy on/with foreigners as the foreign fanbase would be and Japan is where they have to put focus. Putting in a foreigner (and not someone who's half-Japanese but a Japanese citizen), would probably just hurt the group right now.

Junjun and Linlin, somehow, worked out for me after a while. At first I wasn't too happy about it.
But despite that, I still wouldn't want a foreign girl in the group. If she's half-whatever and have grown up/lived enough in Japan that'd be different. But as a exchange student or whatever, no I don't want that.
In Hello! Project? Sure, why not. That could be tons of fun. But make that a group with that concept if so, don't put one randomly in Morning Musume. Create a "World group" and bring in different people, it could be interesting for sure.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:22 am

Revenge of Jang Da Yeon :fear:

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:33 am

I'm not very surprised. My first reaction was "at least nobody's graduating!". :lol: :fear:

Sohee wrote:I don't mind having KSS in, but I'd really want to have another normal girl too even if just to let everyone (in Japan) know that, yes, YOU can become MM without being a KSS first.

Yes, this would be really fantastic.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:47 am

Rikako is great dance-wise and she also has an idol vibe in her. Vocal-wise: she ain't there (yet), but things can work out. XD

I would consider some 20th gen kenshuusei, but that MM Finalist curse seem to still exist. :fear:

I do agree about they should add a normal girl.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:54 am

321BreakinOut wrote:Revenge of Jang Da Yeon :fear:
What happened with her? I really thought they would do something with her.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:15 am

I was SCREAMING for her to be a Kyuukie but it didn't happen. She went back to Korea and in July 2013 she confirmed she wasn't with UF* anymore.

She'll end up in a a kpop group anyways me thinks :lol:

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:46 am

I don't think that they need anyone with amazing vocals these days anyway. The vocal part is pretty taken care off for a while. Not that I want the next girl to suck, but the focus doesn't have to be there imo.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 am

It wouldn't hurt to add more outstanding vocals.
Post a reply