Morning Musume. '14 12th gen - Golden audition

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '14 12th gen - Golden audition

Postby JonCC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Well, this exchange just broke the camel's back for me.
Celedam wrote:I flag people like that — people who do nothing but give their personal reactions to news and argue about subjective opinions as if they're objective facts — as foes, so that I don't have to see their posts at all. That's my "twenty and out" rule: if a person can make twenty posts in a row without posting anything interesting or informative, then *plonk* (to use old Usenet jargon). Why twenty? Because that's the default range when you go to a profile and click "Search user's posts".

As such:
My life has just become simpler.
JonCC
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby resop2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Too bad this can't be dumped into the "I Hate Your Favorite Idol" thread.

btw, Oda Sakura cannot be perceived as someone who is "ugly" without makeup. She is plain without makeup.

Also, Erina is a work in progress? Ehhh? Didn't she do well on Oha Sta her first year?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:48 pm

that wasn't her example though.
I assumed that the general consensus was that people knew she wasn't exactly good looking without it and were offended.
But like I said, agree to disagree.
I don't even hate Sakura omg :butbut:
Erina is a work in progress, and she's progressing really well vocally? I thought we knew this. She's always been the underdog character trying to be center by improving herself? Same with Haruna, Ayumi and Masaki.

I'm so confused. Y'all getting so piss angry at me, and I'm chill and confused as heck. But whatevs floats your boats at the end of the day.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby BerryzCelebration » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Stop trying to speak for everyone. Just stop. "I thought we know this", "There's no denying she's ugly without makeuplc etc., just stop. Please.
BerryzCelebration

Favorite Idol: Mikitty/Chinami

Postby otaku_blue » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Generally speaking, Ikuta has always been this hardworking girl whos been working hard to develop herself?
It probably just sounds a lot meaner than what I intend, because I'm very frank.

I mean that's why she sang Yowamushi two years in a row, and improved herself vocally at her 16th birthday event and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that and her being a project girl and becoming better. Same with Sayu, KonKon, and many other MM girls who entered and later became better. But I just feel we have too many "potentially vocally talented" girls in MM, and need someone who can catch up without adding fuel for the haters.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:37 pm

tbh, in that photo you posted, Sakura didn't look ugly... Just tired...
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby forgetmenots » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 am

I think H!P fans can be more sensitive than most about things like that being said because H!P is full of works in progress, especially Morning Musume. That's its charm, that's why a lot of fans find themselves so involved with them. Watching them become amazing despite their imperfections. You follow them. You watch them grow. Sayu came in unable to sing or dance. She was by far a work in progress, but her journey, her growth it's inspiring, it's satisfying. Zukki at well has been starting to give off that feeling to me lately with her solo variety appearances starting to happen.

So for me, personally, I'd rather someone with some imperfections, someone that I get to watch grow and surprise us. That's what Morning Musume means to me.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:25 am

I definitely agree with you on that.

I only meant what I said out of concern for MM trying to break into a mainstream audience again. I personally think that from 12th gen, there is somewhat a contradiction in wanting to find girls like Goto Maki, Riho, Ai and Abe Natsumi but then also choosing girls like Kamei Eri and Nigaki Risa, who grow to become talented and well loved idols in time. Some people blame and pinpoint the fall of the golden era on 5th gen, and I believe that's the major risk in picking risky girls , or really, debuting girls who aren't as polished by their time of expected debut. But there's also the argument that they weren't promoted as well and were overshadowed by an intimidating older generation of girls. I think Sakura is an A-class example, of how to gradually phase a member into a group and justify their right to be in the group just by emphasising her talent and thus her unique appeal.
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby resop2 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 am

otaku_blue wrote:Some people blame and pinpoint the fall of the golden era on 5th gen...

And, those people are wrong. Morning Musume was a super popular as an idol group in the golden era but idol groups are not supposed to be popular for a long time. It is the nature of the product that the consumers move on on a regular basis.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Celedam » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:17 am

otaku_blue wrote:You're obviously butthurt???

Seriously? And you're complaining about YouTube comments?

JonCC wrote:Well, this exchange just broke the camel's back for me.
Celedam wrote:I flag people like that — people who do nothing but give their personal reactions to news and argue about subjective opinions as if they're objective facts — as foes, so that I don't have to see their posts at all. That's my "twenty and out" rule: if a person can make twenty posts in a row without posting anything interesting or informative, then *plonk* (to use old Usenet jargon). Why twenty? Because that's the default range when you go to a profile and click "Search user's posts".

As such:
My life has just become simpler.

Hmm, let's see…

…nope, he made one interesting post in the last twenty, so by my own rule, I still can't do it.

Of course, that one interesting post was an animated GIF, but I liked it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project