Morning Musume. '14 12th gen - Golden audition

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Morning Musume. '14 12th gen - Golden audition

Postby Moh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:53 am

Wow, I missed another party!

Continuing to type counter-arguments seems pointless. You can't change someone's opinion like that, and that goes for both sides of it.
Y'all can always just scroll past a post you don't like. Or type up your exchange in Word and delete it, whatever. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby Mixi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:58 am

I feel like I'm reading one of those "I hate Riho she hogs all the lines" arguments.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Starra » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:13 am

I just don't understand people who focus on an idol's looks. There's more to them than that, guys :razz: . If their point was to be pretty, they'd be a model. I know why people talk about the way a girl looks and all that, but... WHAT DO YOU WANT? is it necessary? Speaking for myself here, but it always comes across as objectifying. Like, sure, if a girl has a good/bad hairstyle or outfit that's fine to comment on. But several people like to always point out their flaws and I dunno it seems pointless to me. I know most people aren't trying to be nasty about it, but. Remember that these are young girls, so of course they're not gonna look perfect? And if they did, they most definitely wouldn't be idols.

But I agree with forgetmenots. MM。has been about imperfections from the very beginning. That's why girls like Kikka never got added.

MM。isn't about "perfect" idols. It's about imperfect idols who work hard over the years to perfect themselves as much as possible. If you get completely polished girls from the beginning, they have no room to grow and improve, and that's not what MM。's about.

Sure, some of them may be rather talented (Ai), but honestly? She wasn't perfect, especially not at the beginning. Same with Eri. And everyone else.

I think people tend to forget that the group has always been made up of "second-bests", as it were. If you want amazing, perfect idols/performers, then this isn't the group for you, sorry to say.

EDIT: I also find it amusing, in a way, that people want more "perfect" girls in MM。and then turn around and hate on girls like Hashimoto Kanna, whom Japan considers "perfect".
中澤裕子紺野あさ美萩原舞金澤朋子山﨑愛生梁川奈々美加賀楓須藤茉麻田村芽実平井美葉清野桃々姫福田真琳松本わかな岸本ゆめの・松原ユリヤ♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Jessi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:55 am

I feel like both extreme ends of the argument is a little unrealistic. You can't expect everyone to think everyone member is beautiful or perfect. I'm not mad at otaku_blue for finding Sakura ugly despite my overwhelming disagreement with the sentiment, but you also can't go around expecting other fans to not retaliate when you allude that "ugly" "work in progress" members are hindering the group from breaking into the mainstream. Hey that's your opinion, but your going to have a difficult time convincing others to follow you on that one. I love the "work in progress" members just as much or even more than the ace members.I love Erina, Zukki and Sakura. Don't forget that what each girl lacks they make up for with something else. Sayu might have been beautiful when she joined but she couldn't sing a note. It's only through years of growth that she's become so well rounded. To me H!P is about following new groups or new members from their debut and watching them grow and mature. You take that away from H!P and they are just another 48 group. That's not a cost I want for mainstream success.

And I know this part won't gain me any fans, but I'm not gonna call otaku_blue an ass for having an opinion. Certainly there is that one or two kenshuusei I find hard to look at and desperately don't want to debut. Nowadays I just keep it to myself. It's just unrealistic to expect everyone to love everyone at all times. Different opinions are okay. It's part of being human.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Chibs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:06 am

I disagree with the statement that Sakura is ugly. But to address Starra's comment about idol looks, pretty people generally have an easier time of attracting people, it is the way it is. It is why Korean idols generally look pretty much the same. Of course having a group of girls all full of beauty and lacking in other talents wouldn't make them musume. I think you have to trust in tsunku's picks.

edit: otaku i dont know what you classify as a project girl, I would say that would be Mogi and not Sakura. You may not like her looks, but she does bring her vocals to the table. And after Sayu graduates pretty much all the talking is going to be done by Eripon, Haruna and Zukki. These girls are not project girls.
Last edited by Chibs on Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Celedam » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:09 am

Jessi wrote:I'm not gonna call otaku_blue an ass for having an opinion.

It's not that he has an opinion, it's how he expresses it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Jessi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:22 am

Celedam wrote:
Jessi wrote:I'm not gonna call otaku_blue an ass for having an opinion.

It's not that he has an opinion, it's how he expresses it.

Yeah I agree with that.
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Chibs » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 am

It is beginning to feel like they are not going to televise the auditions, I hope they do otherwise I would be very sad
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby jeiwa42 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:56 am

^ Same here. Though the only H!P audition experience i've ever had were Mirai Shoujo and Country Musume. so I actually don't actually expect stuff like video footage since i've never had the moment of having one (unless you count those 2 minute videos that show you all blurs of the girls from the mirai shoujo as videos o.o, it's more like a tease, and it might actually have been a teaser, idr haha) All I've been getting so far is "round X is finished", "no one passed", and "we're at X stage" XD Did they usually reveal footage when theyre in the final stage? I remember seeing footage of the 10th and 11th audition, but I just assumed those footage were already after the audition was over and the winners were decided.
KAE-DID IT!!! I am proud to have kept her KSS photo as my avatar since Feb 2, 2014, three years ago!!!
jeiwa42
Minion

Favorite Idol: MuroMinaTaguKisoORisaKaedi

Postby bekluvsdiru » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:07 am

Yeah they would come out with a video update every so often and we would follow the girls through training and see clips of auditions. We could pick a favorite and rejoice when they got in, or be upset when they didn't. My first audition was Koharu. I loved following them and getting excited! I hope they at least show the final round before the results are announced. :-o
bekluvsdiru
Senior Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project