J-MELO and Morning Musume

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: J-MELO and Morning Musume

Postby Shoujo Q » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:32 am

For me, it's only catchy because of that bit in there that rehashes the older song so I end up going from one song to the next and creating a mutant, Kimi Sae Ireba Nani One and Only.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Sohee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:46 pm

It's not awful. But I hope it's not the lead song whenever this gets released.
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby boinsie » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:05 pm

Honestly the more I listen to it the catchier it gets. :fear:
boinsie
Guru

Postby forgetmenots » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:26 pm

I like it. It's just so bright and happy. It's been a while since we've just had a happy song that makes you wanna smile. Lately we've been getting a lot of moodier, powerup, cool songs, but not ones that I could see the girls breaking out into smiles at each other over as they perform. It's also so Tsunku, it's really nice to hear something so reflective of his style. It's a grower that's for sure.
Last edited by forgetmenots on Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:00 pm

It's pretty catchy >.>. I find myself humming it when I'm not even thinking about it. I think it's grower.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:27 pm

Wanna love it more and more.

I don't know what to think, really. xD

On one hand, it's great, but on the other, it's also quite repetitive.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby esm » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:44 pm

I like the song a lot.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Moh » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 am

It's catchy, but at the same time, this is an album track for me. Not sure if that makes sense. :lol:
Moh
Prophet

Favorite Idol: 鈴木愛理・段原瑠々・島倉りか・北原もも

Postby riversong » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:34 am

CaptainBerryz3705 wrote:Wanna love it more and more.

I don't know what to think, really. xD

On one hand, it's great, but on the other, it's also quite repetitive.

I feel like the repetitiveness is probably for the girls and for the Japanese fans who might not know English very well.

Think about it -- in American/British pop songs, the chorus is almost always the same--even if you don't remember the verses, you'll usually catch onto the chorus first because it's repeated so many times. (When I discovered j-pop, I was thrown by the fact that ALL THE CHORUSES ARE DIFFERENT. Same melody but different lyrics).

By keeping the structure of the song fairly simple and having a chorus that repeats over and over again, it's easier for the girls to remember, and the Japanese fans, too, if they want to sing along.
kremlindusk -> KayouSA -> riversong
riversong
Acolyte

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:49 am

Interview Morning Musume。'15 Part 2: Erina Ikuta
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 4084203509

Erina Ikuta

Before performing for the first time their new song "One and Only" during the 10th Anniversary of the TV show "J-MELO", UP-FRONT LINK had the chance to ask some questions to each Morning Musume。'15 members in the backstage. The questions are almost the same for each member but the answers are really interesting, check it out!

UFL: The first time you have heard that Morning Musume。'15 new song would be in English, how did you feel?

Erina Ikuta: We aim to go worldwide so when I heard it was an English song, I thought that it would be a song that all the fans from all over the world could be able to hear and understand. For example, Japanese is quite difficult, learning Japanese takes time, so I thought to have the chance to reach more people is really great.

UFL: How was the recording?

Erina Ikuta: Toooooo difficult, hahaha! Until now, I was able to learn a song by hearing quite easily and could reproduce the intonation and all the nuances without too many difficulties, but this time I had to understand the meaning of the lyrics in English. I thought I was more able to speak in English and understand than many other members of the group, but when I had to fix the pronunciation this time in English it took me some time so it was quite hard.

UFL: In Morning Musume。 history, there were several performances in the world so now that you have this new song in English, what is your new goal concerning overseas?

Erina Ikuta: Well, we have Nonaka-chan who can speak English, we have now a song only in English and we perform for a show who is broadcasted worldwide so I am really happy. I want now to learn much more English to be understood all over the world.

UFL: Where do you absolutely want to go next time?

Erina Ikuta: Ohhhh, difficult question but I definitely want to go to France. I really love French food, but also Italian food! I would like to go to Hawaii as well, New York once again, to see the people living here.

UFL: On YouTube, you receive many comments in many languages from all over the world for each music video uploaded, how do you feel about it?

Erina Ikuta: If we think about our activities, there are mainly in Japan so there are comments of Japanese fans which already make me happy. But there are so many comments from foreigners as well and my heart is also totally opened to overseas. And thanks to this, I think more and more about going in foreign countries to perform again. Even for a small event or any other opportunity, I want to go overseas!

Thank you Erina!
Amped
High Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project