J-MELO and Morning Musume

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: J-MELO and Morning Musume

Postby Shoujo Q » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:49 am

Japan has a big presence in Brazil so I'm actually surprised they haven't attempted to go there yet to be honest.
Shoujo Q
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Suu-san

Postby Jessi » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:54 am

Brazil would be a nice idea. I'm kind of tired of France getting everything tbh.

...wait... scratch that. I'm moving to the Netherlands in January so PLEASE GO TO PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
youtube.com/luciditi
Jessi

Favorite Idol: 佐藤 優樹

Postby Amped » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:34 am

Interview Morning Musume。'15 Part 9: Sakura Oda
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 1383950779

Sakura Oda

Before performing for the first time their new song "One and Only" during the 10th Anniversary of the TV show "J-MELO", UP-FRONT LINK had the chance to ask some questions to each Morning Musume。'15 members in the backstage. The questions are almost the same for each member but the answers are really interesting, check it out!

UFL: The first time you have heard that Morning Musume。'15 new song would be in English, how did you feel?

Sakura Oda: I really thought it could be amazing and great to sing in English. This is the first time in the Morning Musume。’15 history and I like new challenges. We had to be sure that everyone could understand us.

UFL: How was the recording?

Sakura Oda: We had a teacher with us. I think I can somehow manage with hearing and listening but first of all I had to understand the lyrics. It was really difficult to really understand all the nuances. Somehow I feel that compared to Morning Musume。members, we have to face many new challenges. I do not want to lose to anyone as singer. This time it was not only about singing but also being able to be understood from everyone and to spread our messages on the same time. I really worked on those points.

UFL: In Morning Musume。 history, there were several performances in the world so now that you have this new song in English, what is your new goal concerning overseas?

Sakura Oda: When we get to New York, many people who lived closer to the USA than Japan came to see us. Sometimes there was only one fan from this country so I definitely think we have to go to all those countries.

UFL: Where do you absolutely want to go next time?

Sakura Oda: I think about Brazil, and countries close to Brazil because it is so far away from Japan. Coming from Japan to Brazil is not easy, so when there are fans from this country who comes to Japan in order to see us, I find this amazing! So we have to go there to thank the fans who live far away.

UFL: On YouTube, you receive many comments in many languages from all over the world for each music video uploaded, how do you feel about it?

Sakura Oda: We, with our senpai included, receive so much love during those 19 years and I want to thank everyone. I also hope that Morning Musume。’15 will continue to succeed. We have still young members, our group changed many times but with what Tsunku♂-san made of us, with the confidence we gain with all the experiences, we will continue to try our best so please support us again and again!

Thank you Sakura!

Interview Morning Musume。'15 Part 10: Haruna Ogata
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 3506971900

Haruna Ogata

UFL: The first time you have heard that Morning Musume。'15 new song would be in English, how did you feel?

Haruna Ogata: When we receive the lyrics in English, it was like if our brain became empty because of the shock. But Nonaka-Miki-chan directly read it with the accent and I felt somehow jealous! I did not want to loose to anyone and I really worked a lot. Of course I worked with the Japanese way of reading at first and then correct the pronunciation with the help of the teacher and Miki-chan.

Haruna Ogata: The recording is not an easy thing but this time, it was not in Japanese, but in English, so it was much more difficult. I really had to work with my confidence to surpass this difficulty.

UFL: In Morning Musume。 history, there were several performances in the world so now that you have this new song in English, what is your new goal concerning overseas?

Haruna Ogata: In fact, I have never been overseas, even privately. So I do not have really an image about performing in a foreign country. So if there is any opportunity, I will run into it to understand what kind of experience it would be.

Haruna Ogata: I would like to go to France, and the reason because is my parents have been there for their honeymoon! They could not really speak English or French but it was fun from what they said. They also added it would have been perfect if they had studied a bit French. It looked great so I hope I can enjoy even more, and of course I will study French before going there!

UFL: On YouTube, you receive many comments in many languages from all over the world for each music video uploaded, how do you feel about it?

Haruna Ogata: Even when we, the 12th generation, just started with the group, many foreigners wrote support messages. I was surprised! Some foreigners also came not only to Tokyo but to Osaka and other Japanese cities to see our performances, this is amazing. I want to thank all of them in their own country as soon as possible!

Thank you Haruna!
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:24 pm

Interview Morning Musume。'15 Part 11: Miki Nonaka
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 5170267067

Miki Nonaka

Miki Nonaka: Well, the first time I have heard the new song would be in English, all the members of the group were there. Just a bit before, we have been said the new song would be the theme song for J-MELO and I thought "Wow!" (said with the English accent). So my first reaction was an American reaction! But when I discovered the song will only be in English, I thought once again "Wow!". This is my destiny song!

The lyrics are great and I also like the title "One and Only". Spreading the "One and Only" vision, Morning Musume。 matchless existance is my objective as member in charge of the "globality", "unbounded" aspect of the group. I am really looking forward to seeing how it goes from now!

Miki Nonaka: Somehow, I felt like if I became a teacher. Many members asked me to check their pronunciation, "is it like this, or is it more like this?". But I never teached how to pronunce English before, and it is not easy to explain everything. For example, a difficult part of the lyrics "You got that cute and cool style", as Japanese, this is really not easy to say, and much more when you have to sing it. But I had a fresh feeling when we trained altogether to fight all those difficulties. It was really fun!

Miki Nonaka: Of course until now I did not perform overseas with the group. So I am ready to go everywhere! But my biggest dream would be to perform where I have learnt dance, and especially in the "Alabama Theatre". In Alabama this is a famous place, perhaps not outside America but still, if one day I have the opportunity to stand and perform there... This is why I want the group to become more and more famous!

Miki Nonaka: I would have never imagined there will be so many foreigner fans. Morning Musume。's music videos have now English subtitles when they are uploaded. So the people who see the music videos can understand and learn Tsunku♂-san lyrics more easily. It is much more easy to like a song in its globality, with nice lyrics. This is also why we had and still have to do our best to be understood by everyone.

UFL: As a member who can speak English, don't you feel more pressure now?

Miki Nonaka: Oh yes! This time when I checked the part I had to sing, I underlined my parts in red and at the end, there were many red marks. I thought: "wow, I have to sing a lot!". I could not imagine I could made any mistake and I could not imagine taking this responsability with my level in English. So like the other ones but in a different way, I also had to train a lot to be sure to sing well. With this destiny song, Morning Musume。'15 has to perform overseas! Perhaps we will have more songs in English? I want to sing again in English!

Thank you Miki!
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:45 am

Amped wrote:yesterday, Harunan and Maachan appeared on Music Japan TV (broadcasted channel in Indonesia) Indonesian ranking show with MC Silent Siren member, Hinanchu. Footage of them appearing on the show will be shown on NHK World J-MELO, 10/26
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/ent ... 54565.html

https://twitter.com/hinanchu_twtr/statu ... 4489972737

Today on a new episode of J-MELO, they showed Harunan, Maachan, and Hinanchu appear on an Indonesian show for Japanese music and discussed popular requested acts this year in Indonesia.

2015 :
1.ONE OK ROCK
2.AKB48
3.SCANDAL

Harunan says she hopes someday Morning Musume. '15 can be in the top 3 in Indonesia.

also, J-MELO announced the winner of J-MELO Breakthrough Artist 2015 voting results. The winner was Amatsuki with the most votes. Bitter & Sweet made the top 10 @ #4. As a reward, J-MELO will make Amatsuki's song the new J-MELO closing song next year.

Bitter & Sweet's biggest chance to appeal to a bigger audience fell a little short.
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Interview Morning Musume。'15 Part 12: Maria Makino
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 7740125810

Maria Makino

Maria Makino: At first when I heard this song I thought it was a happy song and I liked it. But when I heard the English, it was so fast, I had really no idea of what were the lyrics talking about... I felt afraid but I listened to each part of the songs many times and many times in order to understand perfectly the lyrics and the rhythm. Then I asked many times the English teacher to help for my pronunciation during the recording but it was not enough! My priority was to sing the song but also to speak by myself during a conversation so I also learned some words.

Maria Makino: Well, of course I want to perform in front of foreigner fans, their way of supporting us during a live look so different. For example I saw the video of the live in New York and it was really something! I want to feel how it can be different. This is why I hope one day, soon, I will have this experience and I will try to continue my best.

Maria Makino: I want to go to the Philippines and to Italia. The reason is simple, I have friends living in those countries and I want to show what Morning Musume。'15's performance look like to my friends and naturally to the local fans as well!

Maria Makino: How can I explain it... It is so amazing to imagine there are fans from all over the world looking and listening at our musics. I am so happy every time I think about it. In order to thank all of them, I felt that I have to speak English and I began to ask some help from Nonaka Miki-chan. I can read and speak just a little bit but still, I want to continue to improve it. I want to become fluent in English, this is one of my dream!

Thank you Maria!
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Interview Morning Musume。'15 Part 13: Akane Haga
https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 6769541915

Akane Haga

Akane Haga: In fact when I was smaller, I was quite good in English listening. I even participated at events where I wrote what I was hearing in English and I was quite good. I know for example the pronunciation of English as a Japanese speaker is quite different from the native speakers and also when you sing, it's also more different. For example, the simple English word "Just" in Japanese can be heard as "Jasuto" but if you write "Jasuto" in English, it is not right. This is why for me, this time, this English song was a nice challenge for me to exercise again.

Akane Haga: We had an English teacher who helped us, and this was the same teacher we had as Kenshuusei. Before the recording, I worked many times for several days with exercises indicated by the teacher. But during the recording, I felt quite anxious. Hearing and then saying it directly is not that easy, especially when you are alone in the studio facing the microphone. I had to correct many parts of my way of singing with the help of the teacher.

Akane Haga: I really would like to go Taiwan! When I was in my last year of primary school, I have been to Taiwan. The people living there were so nice with us. There is a famous market there and the smell of the "chòu dòufu" (fermented tofu) for example was really strong. I did not eat it at this time but I want to go back there and eat it next time!

Akane Haga: I thought the comments were mainly from Japanese fans but, there are also comments from overseas fans! I have never performed overseas yet but I want to thank them by performing in their country and also when they come in Japan to see our live. When I saw the live performance in New York, I felt there were so many reactions from the fans living overseas I did not expect at all. It looked like so funny, enjoyable! Such happiness, I want to have this feeling too!

Thank you Akane!
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:02 am

Riho Sayashi : I’d love for all the girls in our group to do handshake events together all over the world!
https://twitter.com/nhk_j_melo/status/6 ... 3100509184
Amped
High Priest

Postby Amped » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:19 am

Amped wrote:
Amped wrote:yesterday, Harunan and Maachan appeared on Music Japan TV (broadcasted channel in Indonesia) Indonesian ranking show with MC Silent Siren member, Hinanchu. Footage of them appearing on the show will be shown on NHK World J-MELO, 10/26
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/ent ... 54565.html

https://twitter.com/hinanchu_twtr/statu ... 4489972737
Today on a new episode of J-MELO, they showed Harunan, Maachan, and Hinanchu appear on an Indonesian show for Japanese music and discussed popular requested acts this year in Indonesia.

2015 :
1.ONE OK ROCK
2.AKB48
3.SCANDAL

Harunan says she hopes someday Morning Musume. '15 can be in the top 3 in Indonesia.

Japanese broadcast
Amped
High Priest

Postby erilaz » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Amped wrote:J-MELO producer says the TV broadcast of the "Live to the World 2015 ~J-MELO 10th Anniversary~" concert will air in November
https://twitter.com/nhk_j_melo/status/6 ... 8678657024

The broadcast is scheduled for November 15th on the J-MELO website.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/j-melo/nhkworld/en ... index.html
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project