Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: J-MELO and Morning Musume

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:08 am

Everyone say "Something in English."

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:37 am

my answer..
Spoiler: show
I would love to hear a song with lots of English, perhaps inspired by the member's favorite songs in Western music. Please keep some Japanese though, because J-pop has to be J-pop!

I personally love music with a good beat, and that's fun during concerts (like Morning Musume。's "Say Yeah! Motto Miracle Night" or Berryz Kobo's "Icchoume Rock!").

i would honestly be so freaking stoked if they did a song like this. even just thinking about it is exciting. XD :yahoo:

Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:59 am

My suggestion:
Spoiler: show
Morning Musume. should do an upbeat dance song about being yourself and not letting anyone tell you what you should think or believe. The first half of the song starts in Japanese, led by Sayashi Riho, Oda Sakura, and Fukumura Mizuki. After the first chorus, the song then transitions to English, led by Nonaka Miki, Satou Masaki and Haga Akane. Having half of the song in English would be a great way to connect with international fans, which the other half being in Japanese can stay loyal to the J-POP title.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:01 pm

Am I the only one that has little desire to hear entire verses of awkwardly written/pronounced English? :lol:

Though I haven't submitted any kind of answer yet, I want to think about it more first.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:20 pm

^ i know what you mean, but i think a largely-English song has the potential to bring in more international fans, or at least get them to give Jpop a chance. :heart: especially if they get a person that's actually fluent in English to either write or translate the lyrics. XD

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:01 pm

HOLY CRAP.

HOLY CRAP.

HOLY FCKING CRAP.

That's my drawing. Maachan is wearing my drawing.

I didn't think she'd pick mine if she got to choose as well. There were better drawings of her done. Maachan is wearing my art. Holy crap. I need to find where I put that drawing. I need to send it to her via fanmail. I need to thank her some how. God, I'm so pissed work scheduled a full day Saturday on the handshake/cheki/sign event day for Seishun/Yuugure, so I can't tell her while it it's still somewhat relevant.

I'm really overwhelmed now. Wow.

I wasn't sure at first, since obviously my bad quality photo means they had to mess with the lighting (I'M SO SORRY MAACHAN T_T You must have been stubborn to get them to choose such a bad quality entry), but I went through and looked at all the submissions and there is no other drawing that is Maachan in that pose or drawn in any way similar to the way I had done it.

I feel like I could still be wrong. I'm kind of in shock.

Re: J-MELO New Song Project with Morning Musume -- SUBMIT YOUR ANSWERS --

Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:59 pm

^ おめでとう! And thanks for the reminder: it's been a while since I checked the website for new portraits.

erilaz wrote:I decided that if I was going to submit anything to the portrait project, I needed to get it done before my freelance gig starts (Tuesday?). So I sat down this evening and spent about five hours on a watercolor portrait of Riho. I wish it resembled her more, but I'm surprised it turned out as well as it did, since I hadn't done any painting in twenty years.

I'll alert y'all when it's up on the website.

It's on the website for all the world to see and judge now. This one's mine, for what it's worth:

This is the photo it's based on:

Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:53 pm

Nayoko-Kihara wrote:Am I the only one that has little desire to hear entire verses of awkwardly written/pronounced English? :lol:

Though I haven't submitted any kind of answer yet, I want to think about it more first.

That's like half the reason I listen to Jpop >.>

In all seriousness, using English lyrics is a gateway drug. It' relatable to foreign fans (and makes them feel like "YAY WE'RE INCLUDED!") and new fans will be like "Hey that's English!" it totally worked on me, I totally got into Jpop with songs that had a lot of English Lyrics before branching out and stopped caring.

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:12 am

today on J-MELO, Morning Musume. '15 talked about the drawings they chose

J-MELO repeats today at 2:10pm PST and 8:30pm PST, streaming live here
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:18 am

^ Maachan definitely picked forgetmenots' drawing!
Post a reply