Switch to full style
Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more
Post a reply

Re: Reina graduating from MM & H!P at end of Spring 2013 tou

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm about to say the most off topic thing ever, but all this talk has me hella nostaligic for early 2000s jpop:

It's a shame that SweetS would be popular if they were around now. Before their time they were.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:43 am

Every time I listen to a SweetS song, I'm struck by how great they were -- the production/arrangement (and performance) on songs like "Tear Lemon Drop" an "Love Like Candy Floss" were just epic, and there isn't very much right now that could even touch them, at least not in that particular style. It seems like Avex really hasn't been able to find that formula again.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 am

^ They couldn't even equal themselves. I liked their later offerings fine, but they never equaled that kind of transcendent inevitable quality that great music has, the way a song upon first hearing can seem both a revelation and an old friend simultaneously.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 am

That's exactly it. And maybe it's unfair for us to measure other groups against SweetS' early songs, but it's almost impossible not to.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:03 am

Oh man... just realized it's been 10 years for me since I first heard Jpop/got instantly hooked to it. I think I already mentioned somewhere not too long ago, but I'll mention it again since it's relative: I became a fan just as Go Girl ~Koi ni Victory~ was released back in 2003, but my first Momusu song that I heard was SAY YEAH! ~Motto Miracle Night~. Speaking of which... I think I'll listen to that now, I haven't heard it in so long.
mirakuru mirakuru

Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:42 pm

Reina Tanaka wrote:…Ok here, I’m changing the subject, but I found these pics ”

Offshots from when we went to Hawaii~
When did we go to Hawaii again
It feels like such a long time ago…
The Morning Musume Alo Hello was also released recently

I was in such high spirits~
It’s cuz I knew that it’d be the last time I’d go to Hawaii as a Morning Musume~.

http://ameblo.jp/tanakareina-blog/entry-11410425962.html
http://blog-project.net/tanaka-reina/90657

Which means the decision was made a while ago. The band was not a whim or something she could do on the side while still in MM. This was the plan all along, as many of us guessed back then.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:24 pm

^I mean does any solo Morning Musume project stay a side project?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:31 pm

^ Lots of them. XD

The ones that come to my mind right off are all anime related.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:32 pm

Buono! is the only one I can think of right now but I'm sleepy.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:54 am

I guess they didn't want to say anything definite (like with a graduation date) until the band thing works out, since we did see how the audition wasn't successful back in July and there had to be more auditions.
Post a reply