7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby esm » Wed May 13, 2015 2:53 am

I liked episode 5 of Game of Thrones, especially the scene with Tyrion and Jorah going by Valyria.

By the way, I just don't see Brienne's scenes in this season being able to do what the corresponding book parts do, but of course a lot has been changed.

Regarding episode 4:
Spoiler: show
I didn't like that Barristan got killed so easily.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby Celedam » Wed May 13, 2015 3:45 am

^ Almost all of S05E05 was "off book" in one way or another. All of the major characters (except Jaime) are doing essentially what they're supposed to be doing, but the locations, details, and minor characters are very different.

My problem is that I don't see how they can catch up everyone's stories from both AFfC and ADwD in the five remaining episodes of this season.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Wed May 13, 2015 8:36 am

"Animal do nudity if tasteful."

Disney really does own most of my childhood now. Star Wars, Marvel Comics, and the Muppets, in addition to Disney itself. Geez.

If Disney ever acquires Hasbro, they will own all of it.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon May 18, 2015 2:28 am

Game of Thrones

esm wrote:By the way, I just don't see Brienne's scenes in this season being able to do what the corresponding book parts do, but of course a lot has been changed.

I had a thought this morning...

Book-based speculation below, so do not read if you're not caught up.

Spoiler: show
With some clever writing and editing, it has been implied that Brienne is making contacts with the commoners around Winterfell, and that the commoners in turn are communicating with Sansa inside Winterfell.

I think that's all a big head-fake, and Brienne is just spinning her wheels.

The commoners are carrying messages, sure, but not for Brienne. After everything that's happened, they won't trust anyone who isn't a Northerner, and as Arya noted in S04E10, Brienne isn't a Northerner.

Nope, the commoners are carrying messages for and coordinating with... *drumroll* ...Lady Stoneheart.

Lady Stoneheart is the revenant of Catelyn Stark. A revenant is animated (literally!) by its desire for revenge. The last thing Catelyn saw was Roose Bolton kill Robb.

I think the Brotherhood Without Banners pulled Catelyn's body from the river and raised it to make Lady Stoneheart, just like in the books. But I think the show diverged from the books after that. Rather than stay in the Riverlands and hunt miscellaneous Lannisters and Freys, like in the books, I think the show-version of Lady Stoneheart is more focused in her vengeance. I think she and the Brotherhood followed Roose Bolton north and are now hidden around Winterfell, very near where Brienne and Podrick are.

I think Boltons inside Winterfell will start dying, like in the books, but they will be killed by the Brotherhood aided by the commoners rather than by the so-called "Ghost of Winterfell" in the books. I think this season's climax of the storyline will be hapless Brienne and Podrick launching their own raid on Winterfell, only to stumble into Lady Stoneheart and the Brotherhood already there doing the real work.

And I think it all might go down at Ramsay and Sansa's wedding, for some appropriately ironic payback.

If I was running the show, that's what I would do. It would certainly be in keeping with Brienne's line earlier this season: "Nothing is more hateful than failing to protect the one you love." That was too loaded to be a throwaway.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon May 18, 2015 12:05 pm

Game of Thrones

Well, so much for that idea. Or at least the last part of it.

Anyhow, a look back…

…and a look ahead…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Mon May 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Game of Thrones

Oh, Cersei.

Anyhow, a look back…

…and a look ahead…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Mon May 25, 2015 10:12 pm

My friend whose teaching in Korea introduced me to a Korean MMO called Black Desert. There's an English patch, but it's spotty so I downloaded the Japanese Beta version so I could understand it more.

It seems we are being possessed by a Black Spirit who is goading us to kill things, get stronger, and ignore everything but him. Which is super creepy but really interesting concept wise. There's also a system of befriending and exploring the NPCs which seems against what Black Spirit wants.

An English version is coming out within a year or so, I wonder how it'll do.
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby gustave154 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:34 am

Currently playing The Witcher 3 which is like Game Of Thrones in a game but better.
gustave154
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Oda Sakura

Postby bisuketto » Tue May 26, 2015 1:47 am

^Do you think it's similar to Dragon Age?
bisuketto
Acolyte

Favorite Idol: Chinami,KanaTomo,Koha,Duu

Postby Celedam » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Game of Thrones

And that right there, ladies and gentlemen, IS WHY WE HAVE THE FUCKING WALL!!!

Winter is coming has come.

http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/06/01/556bc21c378caf0d670e4d8c_come-at-me-crow-nights-king.gif

Anyhow, a look back…

…and a look ahead…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project