7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Mixi » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:40 am

I don't know about you guys, but I find Usagi's voice very grating. It's almost as bad as Momoclo's opening. Kanako and Ayaka sound so bad in this song, and they're my top two in MCZ so I'm not hating on them or anything. I'm looking forward to seeing Ami next ep. She's my favourite, I wanted to become Sailor Mercury until I was 12 or so, until I became an emo/angry teen for a while and switched to Sailor Saturn. :lol:

I've only watched Sailor Moon in English outside of Stars. I read the first three scanlated manga just to check it out a few years ago and lost interest. I'd call myself a casual fan.
Last edited by Mixi on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mixi
Minion

Favorite Idol: 和田彩花

Postby Denki » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:59 am

Yeah, I commented about Usagi's voice in the previous page. XD About 2/3 of the anime I heard an old lady rather than a 14 year old. Lol.

The voice actress, Mitsuishi Kotono, was a great Usagi back in the early 90s. Mitsuishi is getting old—with age, one's voice will eventually became "too mature". Her recent roles aren't as high-pitch as Tsukino Usagi. It's probably hard for her to voice Usagi nowadays.
Denki

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby resop2 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:53 am

Looks like they are going to cut out a lot of the TV anime filler episodes since they have already inserted a teaser shot of Ami Muzino in the final scene of the first episode.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby boinsie » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 am

It's my understanding that in this rendition, they're just following more closely to the original manga. In the manga, Ami shows up in what is effectively the second "episode", so that all seems about right.
boinsie
Guru

Postby Sohee » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:23 am

Sailor Moon Crystal -- No complaints, except for the horrible vocals of the OP and ED. Some of the 3D was bad, but with how great everything else was I can easily live with it.
So excited. :heart:
Sohee
Hierophant

Favorite Idol: Kamei Eri

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:58 am

wotakubrandon wrote:
otaku_blue wrote:as an Australian I feel proud that they changed it to Moon Tiara Boomerang LOL. But I wasnt expecting the change.
They've been calling it that for the past 10 years or so. Since PGSM.

I didnt know that! I've only watched it on TV(besides a bit of the manga and other random episodes), so Im used to "Moon Tiara Magic" lolol.

I love the scenes with Serena it really makes me excited for the climax. Its so pretty. :(
otaku_blue
Devotee

Postby wotakubrandon » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Whaaaat. You should definitely watch PGSM if you get the chance, it's only one season and it starts off really campy and cheap but it gets pretty fly.
wotakubrandon

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Really sad that Toei decided to make Usagi's chubby friend stick-thin (and that they gave her what is one of the most annoying voices I have ever heard). Even though she's never around for very long in any version, she always seemed to be pretty cool with herself and I liked her a lot.

The only change the other nameless friend had was a swap from a bob hairstyle to long hair, which isn't nearly as drastic. There was no need for it. Oh well.
Spoiler: show
----

Overall though, not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I'm still not totally thrilled, but I'm going to watch it and enjoy the parts about it that I do like and those that I can either get used to or ignore/skip.
Last edited by Nayoko-Kihara on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby forgetmenots » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:06 pm

I actually like Opening MomoClo song. It just seems to fit nicely with the series in general and the voices don't bother me at all. (But I'm also a very casual MomoClo fan so that might be why).

I ended up watching this episode twice (once without NND comments and once with), I'm so satisfied with it in general. I wrote a research paper on the Sailor Moon anime series in college (dub vs sub and how it reflects cultural differences) so I've watched the original first episode dozens of times in Japanese as well as in English and it amazed me how closely it followed scene for scene, yet improved on pacing issues and with art more to my tastes and better BGM.

I'm pretty happy XD

I also find the complaints on Usagi's voice always very interesting. the last few times I've watched the series it's been in Japanese, so I now have more of a nostalgia for the Japanese series than the dub and I love her Japanese voice so much it just feels so perfect to me now to hear it again. I like all the voice acting I heard in general. A lot of it sounded very closely to how it was in the original.

I really hope it goes over well so they can continue to do reboots all the way up to the end. I want to see all my senshi ;_;
forgetmenots
Queen of All Banners

Favorite Idol: Maachan, Nonaka, Oda

Postby Zunu » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 am

If you watch Orphan Black, this will be cute. Otherwise, it won't make any sense, just ignore it!

Spoiler: show

(The girl doing this is actually the girl who played the kid-clone in the last ep.)
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project