7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: 7th Station ~TV, movies, games~

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:39 pm

Inability to catch up on an episode of something online because of your TV service provider is more annoying than I realized. Nevermind that I was going to willingly sit through your 20 minutes of ads for 40 minute episodes, AMC/FX.

Guess I'm back to trying to remember to record them.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby esm » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:46 am

Finally got caught up on the latest episodes of The Walking Dead. I like the pacing so far, although I can see how it's getting to the point where we're going to have entire episodes of one group and then not know about some other people until a few weeks later, which is kind of good as well because when the entire group is together there are main characters who end up not doing anything significant and just hang around in the background.
esm

Favorite Idol: Reina, Eripon, Nakky

Postby TotallyUncool » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:45 pm

On a completely different note, you can now play archaic (i.e., 70s through 90s) video games online until your head explodes at the Internet Archive's Internet Arcade.
The Internet Arcade is a web-based library of arcade (coin-operated) video games from the 1970s through to the 1990s, emulated in JSMAME, part of the JSMESS software package. Containing hundreds of games ranging through many different genres and styles, the Arcade provides research, comparison, and entertainment in the realm of the Video Game Arcade.

The game collection ranges from early "bronze-age" videogames, with black and white screens and simple sounds, through to large-scale games containing digitized voices, images and music. Most games are playable in some form, although some are useful more for verification of behavior or programming due to the intensity and requirements of their systems.
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby erilaz » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:26 pm

I don't watch Master Chef as a rule, because I have no real desire to hear Gordon Ramsay berate and scream at people, but I got sucked into Master Chef Junior last night. The kids on this show are just so amazing. And Oona is too adorable for words.
"Sometimes it seems as though the whole point of the Japanese writing system is to keep non-Japanese people from understanding what the hell is going on." — Dave Barry
erilaz
Lazarus

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:33 pm

^ I don't think Ramsey gets nearly as worked up on "MasterChef" as he does on some of his other shows. I've yet to really come across a moment where he's totally gone off on someone, though I have only watched a few seasons. The kids though, at least in the first season of "Junior", they make him seem downright cuddly. (Of all the judges, I really don't care for Joe Bastianich.)
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:35 pm

On other shows like Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares, Ramsay is playing the character of an abusive head chef in order to toughen people and break their bad habits. He's essentially a drill sergeant. It serves a purpose. What you see on MasterChef is closer to his real personality.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:44 pm

That makes far more sense than any other reasoning I'd come up with for the sudden shift between shows.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:17 pm

Oh, by the way, regarding Doctor Who…

Celedam wrote:We also have a new nemesis (?), and her name is Missy…

Spoiler: show
Most likely the Master regenerated as a woman. Master -> Mistress -> Missy. And when we meet her, there is definitely an old-school, Anthony Ainley vibe with the black clothes and heavy eyeliner.

viewtopic.php?p=161393#p161393

Called it.

Of course, it wasn't that difficult to call, but still.

I'm still undecided about the season overall. I love what they've done with Clara, but not so much what they've done with the Doctor himself. The Doctor is eccentric, cryptic, sometimes even manic, but he's never been senile before, and it feels like that's how they're writing and performing him now. It might be intentional, though, considering how long he was on Trenzalore and how he regenerated. And it's his apparent senility that makes Clara more interesting, since she has to deal with it. We'll see how it goes.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Zunu » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:47 am

Foreshadowing a female doctor? maybe

And right after Clara and Mr. Pink's one true happiness, for THAT to happen....very Whedonesque.
tending to put ~ on song titles since 2002
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: 能登有沙

Postby Celedam » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:24 pm

…and featuring Nick Frost as Santa Claus.

Squeeeeeeeeeee! :w00t:

But seriously, that was one helluva season finale.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project